• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I feel like I saw Shannon Loftis saying something on twitter about it yeah

This?

7Ui2hyo.png

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Excusing misogyny
It sucks that the devs have been running into issues. It seems his vision for a game isn't what other people want, and for his comments it seems to have burned a few bridges.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Correction he told me to stop "getting my politics from tumblr"

And that he isnt rightwing but there is "nothing wrong with being rightwing"
Dv1e4N_W0AIEBd5

Aaah, I recognize this.

It's a fantastic beast known as the "Classical Liberal" - It's known for its amazing ability to proclaim how "Left" and "Liberal" it is while spouting unsubtle Far Right talking-points, Just Asking Questions, and being in a social-circle composed primarily of Alt-Right figureheads.

Notable other Classical Liberals would be Joe Rogan, Chelsea Manning, and Sargon of Akkad.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
This will forever be known as the thing that brought the term "Milkshake Duck" into the common vernacular and for that I am grateful.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The dev's opinions are bad but can we not shit the game please, at least until we can play it?
The game is struggling for funds, likely because of how much of a shitbag the lead developer is.

And on top of that, his shitbag ideas are directly tied into the game. You can't even argue "separate the art from the artist" on this. You buy it, you support him and his awful ideas.

Deleted member 1759

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
The dev's opinions are bad but can we not shit the game please, at least until we can play it?
I can and do separate between "art and artist" as long as their work doesn't reflect/isn't heavily influenced by their views. Like I bought and loved KCD but I know that Vavra is an asshole. But a tweet that says "Our game The Last Night will take place in a cyberpunk world where modern feminism won, instead of egalitarianism." really set off some alarm bells in that regard.

EkStatiC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greece
The game is literally based off his alt-right world view. It's morally compromised.
I agree but i am telling the simplest thing: let's play it and then critisize it with all of our hearts. Maybe there is the 0000.1% possibility the game to be "good"

ps. mods have the right to delete my comments here, i don't want to be banned.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
As much as I want to play this game, I have made peace with the fact that it's not coming any time soon. It never was. Could be the next Below.

Toadofsky

User requested ban
Banned
Mar 8, 2018
I agree but i am telling the simplest thing: let's play it and then critisize it with all of our hearts. Maybe there is the 0000.1% possibility the game to be "good"

What have you honestly said that gets you that worried about being banned?

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017

So you're asking people to give him their money before they are allowed to criticize the game?

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
MS quietly pulled out? I thought they'd issue out a public apology or something.

bahorel

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that they even had a gig at TGA in the first place shows how much Geoff doesn't give a fuck about anything. :/

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Some people would rather not give a known shithead more money and a platform to spread their dangerous ideas, thanks.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, buddy. Here's a cent and a potato so you can develop you anti-feminist dystopian thingy.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Opening an indie game studio in London is tremendously stupid. But then so is constantly shooting your mouth off on twitter, so, parables and all that.

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'd say take responsibility for your comments. You're more interested in having fun with a game rather than understanding the toxic message it's aiming to spread. If you want to go play a game that has no meaning and is fun, exciting go play Katamari Da....shit you can't play that either because it's got a message about waste.

The point? Every game has a message. Some have good messages even when they have dark narratives (Papers, Please) and some are genuinely fucking bullshit and shouldn't see the time of day (The Last Night).

Himura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very good that this game might not see the light of day. There should be no ground for him and his irk to spread their hateful rhetoric.

PrintedCrayon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seadome
lol.

I'm totally sure the out and out Gamergater totally has some nuanced view on feminism that deserves your kind of benefit of the doubt and framing.

Ah, just saw the Gamer gate tweets. Yeesh. That's incredibly disappointing.

I'll always try and give folks the benefit of the doubt but you can't really attach yourself to a movement like that and claim to even be an egalitarian.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, just saw the Gamer gate tweets. Yeesh. That's incredibly disappointing.

I'll always try and give folks the benefit of the doubt but you can't really attach yourself to a movement like and claim to even be an egalitarian.

Anyone who claims to be an Egalitarian is full of shit too, that's just some nonsense MRA shit.

Deleted member 18347

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean it's one thing to debate whether or not we can separate the art from the artist, but it's another when the artist's problematic views are the premise for their game.

Not a good look.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
There may have been another couple of tweets. Shannon didn't really say anything in them but I got the impression (but this may have just been me projecting my own feelings onto the tweets) that she was biting her tongue because, unlike me, she's a professional and not an anonymous internet shithead.

She almost certainly realized it's something to be litigated behind closed doors professionally, yeah. That she replied like that at all though came off like a nail in the coffin. I forgot about it until now, but at the time it was like "lol he's finished"

Status
Not open for further replies.