• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Why do people even make threads for this game?

*clicks*

Oh, it's just eight pages of people dogpiling on this shitstain of a dev. What a pleasant surprise. Carry on then.

I don't either. Somehow even Kingdom Come was allowed.

But as toxic as Vávra is, KCD wasn't used as a vehicle to preach his twisted views.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting an increasingly strong feeling that this isn't coming out. I think I've said in the past that we give Tim Soret too much credit and big him up unnecessarily, and this thread seems to do that.

I can understand why people do that. His values and points of view are objectionable to many of us and we generally feel a need to respond to stuff that we find offensive or ill conceived.

Nothing that I've seen so far gives much more than an impression of what the gameplay is going to be like. It's been a year and a half since the trailer at E3 and I don't think there's even been more footage outside of a handful of things on Twitter. I'm not sure this is even a game at the moment, more an artfully done piece of concept work that runs in realtime in a game engine.

His activity on Twitter is only going to make the situation worse, and I don't even mean his political/social/whatever statements or leanings. I would think that it would be in his best interest to not talk about whatever aspect of business is impacting his work. Given that he hasn't released a game before are there many well funded publishers that will want to work with him when he is seemingly unworried about airing his misgivings or misfortunes in public?

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes, I had no idea this guy had said any of that. It's a shame, I thought the game looked really pretty, seemed interesting. It can die in financial hell for all I care.

LogicAirForce

Oct 25, 2017
why the fuck do mods continue to allow misogyny to fester here? We had a louie CK thread where any dumbfuck coming in to spout "this was funny I like it " about LCK's transphobic "jokes" where instantly banned yet morons coming in here to do exactly the same about this game get fuckng nothing. The sexism on display in this forum is constant, and at best people might get banned for only a few days even when they have multiple infractions. The samecan be said for any form of bigoted post.I've had enough of this, enjoy your misogyny Era.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
why the fuck do mods continue to allow misogyny to fester here? We had a louie CK thread where any dumbfuck coming in to spout "this was funny I like it " about LCK's transphobic "jokes" where instantly banned yet morons coming in here to do exactly the same about this game get fuckng nothing. The sexism on display in this forum is constant, and at best people might get banned for only a few days even when they have multiple infractions. The samecan be said for any form of bigoted post.I've had enough of this, enjoy your misogyny Era.

Try PMing a mod with your particular frustrations, while the moderation is lacking in some places, they do take this sort of thing seriously.

we need people like you more than we need the misogynists. i get your frustrations - as left leaning as this place is, there are so many case examples of people being complacent and enabling to shitty behaviors.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

It's not like it'd really affect the perception of the forum if they were harsher about this, either.

I feel like it's already not uncommon for GG types to go "waaahhhh they ban people just for saying they'll buy a game", among other things, over mod notes they take out of context. Might as well at least warn for these blatant dog whistles, if not outright ban for a bit; won't hurt our reputation with anyone who matters.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
There doesn't appear to be much new information to discuss here and everything meaningful has already been covered. This thread is closed to further replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.