• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

tenor.gif

Cabel

Nov 17, 2017
Portland
Wonder how long it is tho, little short on funds after Zelda.What say you Cabel , how long can we expect it to be give or take?

Tough to say because, of course, everyone's different. Some of the puzzles can be tough! But here's one Twitter player's piping hot take:

(Edit: oh, and the 25% off sale price will last two weeks. $14.99.)

Last edited:

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
If there are unlockable skins, then Goose from Top Gun should definitely be one of them.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
3-4 hours for the type of game it is sounds about right. Will probably day 1, launch discount is too nice to pass.

Funny story about launch discounts, I know it's a total marketing move... but they work. Case in point, I didn't get Puzzle Quest because it has no discount. Theres no difference between getting it now or getting it when I would actually play it so I didn't.

Here's the kicker tho... between Zelda and now Goose and whatever else (DQ11 next week and Ori...), I bet a few weeks will pass and then I'll move to "well now I might aswell wait for a sale" mode, and if the game had even just 10% discount, I probably would have gotten it.

Like I said it's all marketing tricks but they totally work /shrug

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
This is the perfect game ot relieve stress of my upcoming exams the next week to unleash honking rage.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I thought the game was out today, but I went to the EShop (UK) and it's not out. UK usually gets games unlocked at 12am, so not sure what's going on.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
"This content is not available to purchase in Nintendo eShop yet"

Not out on Steam or Epic.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Played the first mission; I liked it. You just waddle around, fuck stuff up and annoy the hell out of people.

I just ran up and down the street, with a bottle in my beak, honking, while I make someone run for their dear life.

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
Just ordered it from nintendo store, looking forward to playing it later.

It looks like a modern take on the "fuck shit up" genre, as seen on the ZX Spectrum classics "How to be a Complete Bastard" and "Jack the Nipper", for those as old as me.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017

It looks like a modern take on the "fuck shit up" genre, as seen on the ZX Spectrum classics "How to be a Complete Bastard" and "Jack the Nipper", for those as old as me.
Now those are a couple of blasts from the past.

I would love a remake of Jack the Nipper.

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018

Wow ha, that's a very good parallel. Was watching a Kim Justice video recently where she mentioned those, which had me struggling to think of a modern equivalent.

Perhaps not a style often done as it's difficult to put a structure to, still it seems like they've done that well here :)

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
Wow ha, that's a very good parallel. Was watching a Kim Justice video recently where she mentioned those, which had me struggling to think of a modern equivalent.

Perhaps not a style often done as it's difficult to put a structure to, still it seems like they've done that well here :)

The new Hitman games kind of fall into it imo.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Price seems astronomical for what you get. Game looks really fun but this, like goat simulator is the sort of thing I'd pay like £7 for usually. Its £18 in the UK. That's half the price of AAA title basically

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The price updated to £13.49 when it went live for sale at 9am.
It has a 2-week long launch discount that only kicked in when it was released.

Ahhh wondered how that happened. I figured maybe the discount was pre orders only. Well, hopefully theres plenty of glowing endorsements for it in here today! I'd kind of like an excuse to get it even if I really shouldn't right now lol. The idea of being a dick of a goose is very tempting

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
how long until is become repetitive if it's a sandbox game?

Oct 28, 2017
So any initial impresss on the game, seen as reviews aren't out for a while yet? I want to get it, but I'd rather know if it's remotely decent first!

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
So any initial impresss on the game, seen as reviews aren't out for a while yet? I want to get it, but I'd rather know if it's remotely decent first!
First impression after an hour of play; on a technical level it seems fine. Granted, I don't have that much of an eagleeye, but the performance seems good.

Game looks great too. What I really like is the use of music. Everytime the Goose starts to approach someone, music starts, as in anticipation of what the Goose will do. Especially when you do something dickish the music turns into a tune thats comparable to the music you'd hear in British slapstick bits.

Gameplay is stealth-like. Sure you can honk all the day long, but that will attract attention. You have a list of things that need to be crossed off. So the idea is to complete these to advance. So that means nicking stuff while people aren't looking or bait people into following you, leaving other items behind so you can take those, or just annoy people.

For example, the second checklist;

Involves chasing a boy into a telephone booth, which crosses one item of your list. If you keep scaring him, he will call the elektronics store and the owner comes out.

This gives you the chance to run into the store, flick the switch and get your face on the tv, another item on your to do list.

There is another mean one, but I'll let you find it out by yourself.

This game wants you to be the biggest asshole possible. And its hilarious.

fleet

Jan 2, 2019
i finished the whole game in like ~5 hours. hilarious from start to finish, really charming and packed with personality. i LOVE the goose, something about the way it walks and honks just screams "i am a bastard".

i wish it was 10x longer because i liked it so much but i feel satisfied paying 20AUD for it.

ultramooz

Oct 27, 2017
Paris, France
Played a couple hours - had much fun screwing around and making people mad.
Managed to go to the 3rd area and complete all the goals so far.

I'm watching my boyfriend play the beginning and he managed to find some other way to achieve some goals.

The game is super crisp on Tv and seems fluid (to my eyes) but i'm no digital foundry.

The game will probably test some impatient gamers as there is a bit of trial and error to the puzzles and you have to be attentive to the Npc's routines. Love it so far - very original funny and unique. Also I like the simplicity of the interface design.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
15€ for this is a great bargain. Honk simulator + sayonara + ori demo. Blessed weekend.