Cream Stout

Oct 28, 2017
Don't hate, but I really like those little pepperoni chunks in one of the frozen pizza brands. Something about them seems to taste better than normal slices of pepperoni

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Don't hate, but I really like those little pepperoni chunks in one of the frozen pizza brands. Something about them seems to taste better than normal slices of pepperoni
They're made from thicker pieces of pepperoni.

85589-Thick-Cut-ROSA-GRANDE-Sliced-Pepperoni.jpg

So much flavor

Deleted member 5260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I also like eating shitty things and bragging about it to feel like I'm better than people who are ok admitting that they enjoy actual good food.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Onions are the worst thing to put on pizza. Or basically anything. Like anchovies they just seep into the pizza and taint it.

yyr

Nov 14, 2017
White Plains, NY
I don't hate pepperoni, but ground beef topping is far superior imo, whether it's in the form of crumbly bits or meatballs. I don't understand the love for pepperoni and sausage...beef just tastes better.* Now I sound like a commercial, I guess.
* Most sausage on pizza is lame imo, but if you actually have really good sausage, it's a vastly different story.

My favorite combo right now is meatballs, fresh garlic, and either broccoli or mushrooms. Mmmmmmm.

The worst pizza topping is fish, people. The second worst topping is mayo.

Mayo is not a topping, it is an abomination.

all toppings are bad (ATAB)

if your pizza isn't good with just cheese, it's bad pizza

I do not personally agree with your first statement, but your second statement is absolutely true and is non-debatable.
Truly great pizza both does not need toppings AND still tastes good when it's no longer hot. And that's how you know.

Dec 4, 2017
A lot of sausage-type meats do not really belong on pizza, not least because they're not supposed to be heated, and get all fucked up from the baking.
The only truly good sausage on pizza is sujuk, since it's supposed to be sliced and cooked in the first place.

Also, anchovies are great on pizza, but not as toppings. Too concentrated. They should be mashed in a mortar and mixed into the sauce.

And pineapples have absolutely no place on a pizza. The only place they belong is a burger, in a thin slice, after it was fried in the small puddle of tallow left behind by a patty.

Oct 25, 2017
Pepperoni is amazing, also the answer is Oysters and Snails. They are the worst to eat on any occasion. I will not eat them in the train, I will not eat them in the rain, I will not eat them on a bus, I will not eat them while playing Dune 2 in dos !

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Pineapple. Canadian bacon. Crushed red pepper. A sprinkle of cayenne.

That is the perfect slice right there. Either that, or sausage with jalapenos and buffalo wing sauce drizzled on top.

All pepperoni does is taste too salty and greasy. It also often comes off in a whole slice instead of breaking apart when I bite halfway into it.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People trash talk certain toppings like they know what "the worst" pizza topping is.

Meanwhile, over here in Asia in countries like Korea and Taiwan, corn is one of the most widely applied toppings on pizzas at just about every major chain and pizza joint.

FUCKING. CORN!!

Dec 4, 2017
People trash talk certain toppings like they know what "the worst" pizza topping is.

Meanwhile, over here in Asia in countries like Korea and Taiwan, corn is one of the most widely applied toppings on pizzas at just about every major chain and pizza joint.

FUCKING. CORN!!
Yeah, corn is absolutely awful. A lot of "Mexican"-themed pizzas over here have a bunch of canned corn dumped on the pie. I avoid them assiduously.

OP
OP
Magic-Man

Magic-Man

Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe

FUCKING. CORN!!
That actually doesn't sound too bad, if it's combined with other ingredients to create a flavor masterpiece. Can't go wrong with corn.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
I think both are fine and I think both combined would actually be great.

This thread reminds me that I had probably my best (flatbread) pizza ever a couple of weeks ago, salsiccia, portobello, mozzarella and caramelized red onion as toppings and adding some chili oil. Incredible

pagrab

Oct 27, 2017
I always thought that I am ok with anything people add to a pizza (at least in the pizzerias) but I have lately seen people adding potatoes as a topping. Hard no from me.

KamenSenshi

Nov 27, 2017
Yeah definitely agree that pepperoni isn't all that. It's ok in a limited amount on a supreme. I'd rather have sauerkraut with the pepperoni than just pepperoni.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
Here they're small bell peppers, you call salami that? So every time someone in an american movie or series ordered a peperoni pizza it was just salami? All this time I thought americans are really into peppers on pizza.😂

Green bell pepper is a popular topping in Canada.

But yeah, Pepperoni is seasoned salami slices.

ChrisP8Three

Oct 26, 2017
Leeds
Where is a mod when i need one? OP needs banning for this obvious shitpost

I always thought that I am ok with anything people add to a pizza (at least in the pizzerias) but I have lately seen people adding potatoes as a topping. Hard no from me.

WOAH back up
giphy.gif

really? what are we talking, just sliced potatoes? boiled? or something like a fry or tatertot?

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Warm mushy fruit does not belong on pizza period. Be it pineapple, banana or anything else. I get that sweet n salt is a thing but this aint it chief.

Pepperoni is S tier topping.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
Here they're small bell peppers, you call salami that? So every time someone in an american movie or series ordered a peperoni pizza it was just salami? All this time I thought americans are really into peppers on pizza.😂
it's a specific kind of spiced salami, but yes, basically. we still call standard salami with no spices salami

pagrab

Oct 27, 2017

WOAH back up
giphy.gif

really? what are we talking, just sliced potatoes? boiled? or something like a fry or tatertot?
Sliced and baked on the pizza. I am not sure why but the blandness of potatoes combined with dough and cheese just makes me scratch my head.

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019
Worst topping I have ever had on a pizza was pickles. Just terrible and like pineapple they leave wet spots of vile even if you pick them off.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
WOAH back up
giphy.gif

Should you ever find yourself in Korea, prepare to be amazed.

a5al8sYA63jyf_0m5mRUlGK7CmsGC_vnj8Fid4LcjZYEYlEfdms51WMd55PVhPYNRF4FxubCHpKVUHc9vbGVe1AidsAa59RzX25GTm6Fr_SfTqdH64I8qQ21fjvp2xSDvnVm_vI7Mg=s907-no

Check out this menu from Pizza School, one of my favorite super-cheap pizza places. Notice that the potato pizza, which features potato wedges, is just part of the basic menu. My wife is partial to the chicken quesadilla pizza. I just go for the pepperoni.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017

WOAH back up
giphy.gif

Had a pizza with white sauce, bacon, and potatoes and you know what? Pretty damn great. Not a pizza I'd have all the time but it really surprised me.