Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
https://consequenceofsound.net/2019...a-fuck-play-uncensored-rap-music-in-airports/

Because Donald Trump refuses to abandon plans for his xenophobic border wall, the US has entered day 25 of the partial government shutdown — officially the longest shutdown in the country's history. As a result, millions of federal workers continue to go unpaid.

Airports have been especially hit hard by the shutdown, as many employees have called out sick, unwilling to put in time for zero pay. Those that have shown up… well, let's just say they've been making the best of their situations: In recent weeks, passengers at New York's JFK airport have reported hearing TSA agents blast explicit, uncensored versions of rap songs over the loudspeakers.

As Business Insider points out, "Sicko Mode" by Travis Scott and Drake has been prominently heard, as has "Lift Yourself", the "musical poop joke" song from Kanye West. Other tracks from Beastie Boys and Ludacris have also apparently been in rotation.

Honestly I don't blame them one bit.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
I dont understand why the song of the presidency isn't being played 24/7 at airports

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
I'm really hoping they're afraid to fire anyone right now because no one knows when this will end.

I love it

Exius

Banned
Jan 15, 2019
Good.

What are their bosses going to do? Reduce their pay? lol

Last edited:

pdog128

Dec 16, 2017
That's . . . not cool. I understand that they're pissed, and they have every right to be. But I really don't want my little kids exposed to that.

It's one thing to protest, it's another to just not care about other people.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
From what I've been reading, they would be fired and others will get their job when the shutdown ends.
This is so wrong. The US is so broken.
Agreed it's broken. But the shutdown isn't going to end anytime soon unless something happens like the TSA just shutting down due to lack of staff, so either they work and don't get paid now, or they look for another job and get paid from that.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I like the juxtaposition of the artists mentioned "Travis Scott and Drake, Kanye West, Beastie Boys, Ludacris, and 2007 Paramore"

It's like all the people who were there added their usual playlists together.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Lol. Fuck Kanye but I wouldn't mind walking through the airport with Lift Yourself blarring over the speakers.

Oct 26, 2017
That's . . . not cool. I understand that they're pissed, and they have every right to be. But I really don't want my little kids exposed to that.

If it gets common people mad, they're doing their job.

Everyone should be upset about this government shutdown.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview

The entire point of protest is Disruption and it's far more important than caring about your kids hearing some "bad" words.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

If you're more worried about uncensored rap music than hundreds of thousands of people not being paid and unable to support THEIR children, YOU'RE the one who doesn't care about other people.

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I AM > I WAS ON REPEAT FOR THE MASSES TO HEAR

shiiieet

lmaoo if I was working without pay I wouldn't give a hint of a fuck what little kids hear.

Fuck you pay me

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I bet a lot of those employees would like to be able to afford food for their little kids, but we don't always get what we want.

Oct 25, 2017

Protest isn't for anyone's convenience. Your kids can deal with some bad words. Other people and their little kids are dealing with a month of no pay due to unchecked racism.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Also just realized the troll only has 51 posts. Probably shouldn't have even responded.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
When the airport police are in a Fuck Da Police attitude, you know that shit is happening in slow motion. I don't think the US can go past this week in shutdown mode before things explode. I pray for the best and expect the worst.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Hit Em Up and No Vaseline on repeat until the shutdown ends.

enjoy little kids.

Oct 27, 2017
Good.

What are their bosses going to do? Resuce their pay? lol
I'm all for any kind of "fuck Donald Trump" movements but i'd imagine this is a fire-able offense no?

and I imagine they need their jobs otherwise they wouldn't bother to come in at all not to mention someone else already mentioned that they would just fill their spots once the shutdown is over anyway.