Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Breaking now. Seems...really soon.

twitter.com

Amanda Dukes on Twitter

“BREAKING: @UniversalORL Asking to open to the public on June 5. It will open to employees on June 1 and 2 and on June 3 and 4 they will bring in some Guests and annual pass holders to do a few days of testing everything”

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I heard that Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure is really something to experience.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
images

OP
OP
Maple

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Disney isn't too far behind I'm sure.

It looks like by mid June all the parks will be up and running, albeit at a lowered capacity.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty soon...

With the uptick of cases that's been going around central I'm not sure this is the best plan

TheAvatar

Nov 4, 2017
Honestly are these people not worried about winter season? They know how viruses work right?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

It looks like by mid June all the parks will be up and running, albeit at a lowered capacity.
I'd hope not because I won't be going in during those times but if they open again they'll start charging me for my pass. That's money in the trash.

Magic-Man

Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Honestly are these people not worried about winter season? They know how viruses work right?

They'll adjust accordingly.

I'm pretty sure that this is mostly about keeping the theme parks afloat, not making tons of money. Like I said in the Disney Springs thread, some parks will start shutting down permanently if they don't open soon.

As long as they do it well (which it sounds like they will) things should be fine.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are they going to resume charging Annual Pass holders? My AP is with Disney, so I am kinda curious how the parks will handle annual passes during a period with severely limited capacity and many holders not even wanting to go to the park(s).

ibyea

Oct 25, 2017
America is collectively loosing its goddamn mind. This is crazy. America is not ready to reopen by any empirical metric.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No singer riders. Getting rid or reducing water effect spraying (lol), public open June 5th (June 1-2 TM, June 3-4 locals/AP)

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are they going to resume charging Annual Pass holders? My AP is with Disney, so I am kinda curious how the parks will handle annual passes during a period with severely limited capacity and many holders not even wanting to go to the park(s).

I would imagine so, which is annoying because I'm not going anywhere near those parks any time soon...

Shokunin

Oct 25, 2017
The city beautiful
Glad that it's reopening. My fiancee works at UOR and already had to forfeit 20% of her income (albeit, temporarily). We were nervous that when June 1 came closer they would announce additional furloughs. This at least keeps the hangman further away.

With all that said, we sure as hell won't be visiting for the foreseeable future.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
The whole world came too soon. It's like if premature ejaculation killed the person you were with.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At least you're required to wear a mask, and they'll give you one if you don't have one. None of that "strongly encouraged" bullshit here.
So how long till a "freedom fighter" goes there and kills someone after being told that they cant come in if they dont wear a mask.(Florida man is as dumb as the dumb asses from michigan who'll kill a security guard over it).

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
So how long till a "freedom fighter" goes there and kills someone after being told that they cant come in if they dont wear a mask.(Florida man is as dumb as the dumb asses from michigan who'll kill a security guard over it).

Disney has massive police presence. I believe it was the original destination of the Orlando nightclub shooting, but there was way too many police

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Why someone would pay hundreds to thousands of dollars for a theme park vacation that could lead to your potential illness and death is fucking beyond me.

Like...these places are a fucking petri dish of bullshit when there isn't a national pandemic.

Edit: Fuck.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Why on earth would anyone want to go on rides that thousands of people are going to be all over during a goddamned pandemic? This is absolutely moronic.

No way in hell I would go if I had kids.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
People are more likely to get sick at your local grocery store than here, masks are a requirement. Universal will have all eyes on them.
Well I'd like to know how Universal is going to enforce that when nobody else seems to be able to, especially outside. Some people are wearing masks just to get into places and then taking them off.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Why on earth would anyone want to go on rides that thousands of people are going to be all over during a goddamned pandemic? This is absolutely moronic.

No way in hell I would go if I had kids.
They're going to be alternating ride vehicles. Once a party gets off. The team members will clean that RV and send it through the ride empty until it comes back and load more guests on it.

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Disney just started cancelling reservations through mid-June and aren't planning on submitting an opening date anytime soon, so my guess is that early to mid-July is the earliest.

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're going to be alternating ride vehicles. Once a party gets off. The team members will clean that RV and send it through the ride empty until it comes back and load more guests on it.
I imagine the wait times on the low capacity rides will be hell but good on them for doing this

Disney just started cancelling reservations through mid-June and aren't planning on submitting an opening date anytime soon, so my guess is that early to mid-July is the earliest.
There's no way Disney doesn't use Universal reopening as a free beta test right?

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Well I'd like to know how Universal is going to enforce that when nobody else seems to be able to, especially outside. Some people are wearing masks just to get into places and then taking them off.

Universal will have monitors all over the park....and how they are going to enforce it? I mean, if you violate their ToS, they can kick you out. This isn't your local grocery store.

OP
OP
Maple

Maple

Oct 27, 2017

Those are for hotels. They can still reopen the parks to the locals, which is in fact more likely. I imagine they'll have the parks up and running for at least 2-3 weeks before slowly reopening the hotels and resorts.

I imagine the wait times on the low capacity rides will be hell but good on them for doing this

There's no way Disney doesn't use Universal reopening as a free beta test right?

Disney Shanghai is the current beta test. All of those protocols will be copied over and used in other parks.

Manicstreet

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I am glad that they are opening. We need to see what will happen. If it is a shit show we will know soon enough. I love theme parks but thats not why i want them to open. If theme parks can open successfully then we know schools can open in the fall. The ideas they are throwing out for school here in Michigan are awful.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Going to any non-essential mass gathering place before a vaccine is available is just dumb in my opinion. Movie theaters, theme parks, concerts. Any of those places you're just asking to get exposed.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
Universal will have monitors all over the park....and how they are going to enforce it? I mean, if you violate their ToS, they can kick you out. This isn't your local grocery store.
Actually, it pretty much is. The "monitors" don't necessarily want to get into a confrontation and some fall through the cracks. There is nothing different here and they can't have security all over the park.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Honestly, I am glad that they are opening. We need to see what will happen. If it is a shit show we will know soon enough. I love theme parks but thats not why i want them to open. If theme parks can open successfully then we know schools can open in the fall. The ideas they are throwing out for school here in Michigan are awful.

6 feet socially distancing would be pretty impractical for schools.