Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Also, having just replayed TLOU2, I weirdly can't help but think that the graphics are somehow better in a lot of ways in U4 compared to TLOU2.
TLOU2 have both a heavy grain filter (that you can disable now but not at launch) and an overall very cold color tone. So you have this constant blue or green filter, and sometimes with rain.
There is one exception, the "giraffe moment" of part 2 is the first day at the farm, with very warm colors. The last day at the farm, with Tommy, it's still warm overall but way more neutral.

RocknRola

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
So I know they didn't do anything to the MP, but does this PS5 version still come with the MP or will it come solely with the SP content from both games?

Dec 11, 2017
Don't forget to download the Day One Patch:
Af2Fadm.jpg

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
There must be more going on with fidelity mode than just a bump to 4K right? I just replayed both of these a couple months ago and it doesn't looks like they did anything major with the character models or lighting or textures or anything. But the PS5 should be able to handle these at 60 fps native 4K, no?

That's pretty disappointing if it can't.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Can't wait, U4 still my favorite story in all of gaming. Also, having just replayed TLOU2, I weirdly can't help but think that the graphics are somehow better in a lot of ways in U4 compared to TLOU2.

PC release is likely June or July btw. There's a thread on here somewhere, I think from AshenOne that mentioned it

TLOU2 looks dull and boring. I don't mean this in a bad way. The game doesn't really use colours extensively, as it tries to show a dark and grim world, thus the entire colour palette of the game is very muted.

Not really surprising that people may find U4 looking better, just due to the more varied colour usage.

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't initially going to get this but this thread made me realize it's only $10 to upgrade since I own the PS4 version of these games and now I'm definitely in.

I think I've beaten Uncharted 4 around 8 times at this point. Such an incredible game.

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
Maybe I'm trippin but didn't the last of us 2 get a 60fps only patch which was free? If so then what the hell is this about.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Haven't played any Uncharted since 2, I'm going to grab this on Steam once it goes on a sale.

I would be more likely to pony up the full price for PS games if they were releasing day 1 like Xbox.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
TLOU2 looks dull and boring. I don't mean this in a bad way. The game doesn't really use colours extensively, as it tries to show a dark and grim world, thus the entire colour palette of the game is very muted.

Not really surprising that people may find U4 looking better, just due to the more varied colour usage.
Yeah it could be a subtle psychological thing like with the colors, but I was thinking more in terms of lighting, geometric density, texture quality, and even less "more is better" aspects like cinematography and cutscene direction. Both games (and Lost Legacy) tend to have a kind of a "flat" look compared to other modern games, which I think is a result of the way their materials tend to look as well as a really dark AO that almost has a "cartoony outline" effect unless you bump down the contrast, but in general, I always got the sense from U4 (over the many replays I've done since 2016) that there's just an overall richer presentation compared to The Last of Us Part II, which I find surprising considering the relative development times of each of the two games. Granted, TLOU2 is twice the size of Uncharted 4, and from what I understand, there was a lot of churn at ND causing a lot of time needing to be dedicated to training up new developers and artists, so, art direction aside, maybe ND is just operating at a level where technical limitations are resources are less of an obstacle to improving their visual presentation, and rather it comes down to just how talented and how much time the artists have to grind on certain aspects of the graphics.

Zep

Jul 12, 2021
For people saying this isn't worth $10 upgrade…For someone like myself who never played lost legacy, the fact that I can get that and the upgrades for $10 is a pretty damn good deal.

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
Two games, other perks (dualsense, SSD stuffs), plus it's a free upgrade if you own either game.

IE: if you bought Uncharted 4, you get the super duper PS5 version of UC4 + Lost Legacy for free.
Hmm I don't have my UC4 anymore but I do have Lost Legacy. Does that mean I get that upgrade for free?
Edit: nvm it's 10 for the upgrade.
Is this going to be native 4K on PS5?
The fidelity mode at 30fps yes.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Maybe the most barebones remaster yet.

Even the Ghost of Tsushima ps5 version was native 4k + 60fps.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
That trailer looks crispy on my Oled. I'm gonna upgrade The Lost Legacy for this.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
I had the PS4 release preordered. Didn't know it's a 10 quid upgrade for having either disc.

Definitely cancelling now

Camisado

Nov 3, 2017
Why did I think this had all 5 games included? o.O

Still, two greats, I might get it at some point :)

Fox1304

Oct 26, 2017
I think people are confused on what the 10$ upgrade offers. It's just the upgrade, you still have to have the base game. 10$ + one of the games doesn't give you the PS5 version of both. You still have to have both games, but only need to pay the upgrade once.

CarterTax

Oct 25, 2017
Choosing between 60fps or 4K kind of sucks. With the PS4 Pro version being 1440p30fps I kinda expected this to be able to reach 4K60. I'll stick with 1440p/60fps though since I always loved the 60fps multiplayer and how it felt.

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
It's not free. It's 10 bucks. BUT, if you only own U4 you'll get Lost Legacy at no extra cost
They're saying that you effectively get Lost Legacy "for free" by upgrading from U4 since in this new package the games come bundled. I think that goes the opposite way too if you only own Lost Legacy.
Okay. I knew that part, but the way their statement was worded implied something else to me.

Zep

Jul 12, 2021
I think people are confused on what the 10$ upgrade offers. It's just the upgrade, you still have to have the base game. 10$ + one of the games doesn't give you the PS5 version of both. You still have to have both games, but only need to pay the upgrade once.
Not true. As long as you have purchased either LL or UC4 you get both PS5 versions for $10.

51728813547_009dd31431_h.jpg

Griffy

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, this is wrong. It's stated pretty clearly in the blog post today:

Upgrading to Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection

As a reminder, players who own Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, or Uncharted 4: A Thief's End & Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Digital Bundle can upgrade to Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Digital Version for USD $10 / GBP €10 starting on January 28, 2022, when the collection launches*.
There isn't a "PS5 version" of each individual game of Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy, the only PS5 release is Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection which is essentially one game that has Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy inside of it. Owning any or all of the PS4 versions lets you pay $10 to get the single Legacy of Thieves release on PS5.