Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
10 bucks to double the framerate of two of my favourite PS4 games?

.....sure, that's fine.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Do not pre-order the game if you own it on PS4.

There's a $10 upgrade from PS4 to PS5 available on January 28, but you are not eligible to pre-order it for that price in advance.
Thanks. never played Lost Legacy, so this upgrade path is definitely the way to go. Should I replay 4 in advance of LL?

Zep

Jul 12, 2021
Would be nice if they lined this release and it's 120fps mode with the VRR firmware update…

But we know that's not gonna happen.

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I started Uncharted 4 on PS4 years ago, but never got very far in it because it made my PS4 fans loud as hell and I found it distracting.

I'm really looking forward to playing this and Lost Legacy when they come to PC.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I own both U4 and LL on disc. Do I need to only pay 10 bucks once and get both games if I pop in the LL disc?

I heavily disliked U4 due to the pacing back then (just like with TLOU2 unfortunately) but what I played from LL was pretty good, so I wanna give it a second chance on PS5. And maybe after almost six years I warm up to U4, now that my hype from back then is gone.

AfterTheFall

Oct 27, 2017
Here's the benefits:

PS5™ features
  • DualSense™ Wireless Controller features: Feel the action unfold with the DualSense™ wireless controller's haptic feedback through punches, vaults and vehicular traversal. Experience the tension in rope swings via dynamic adaptive triggers.
  • Fast Loading: Jump back into the adventure quickly with the PS5 console's Ultra-High Speed SSD and near-instant load times.
  • 3D Audio: Hear the world of UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection come to life around you with 3D Audio.1​
  • Fidelity Mode: Play in a super sharp native 4K resolution with a 30fps target framerate.2​
  • Performance Mode: Play with a smooth 60fps target framerate.
    • 4K-TV players will experience a 4K resolution upscaled from a 1440p base resolution.
    • 1080p HD-TV players will experience a 1080p resolution supersampled from a 1440p base with improved anti-aliasing.
  • Performance+ Mode: Play with a high impact 120fps target framerate 3​ and a 1080p resolution.
www.playstation.com

UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection

Are you ready to seek your fortune

slider

Nov 10, 2020
Wow. Watching the trailer I realised how much of the series I haven't played yet. And yet I own them all except Lost Legacy.

So maybe this is perfectly timed.

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
"4K-TV players will experience a 4K resolution upscaled from a 1440p base resolution."

Do they not realise this bullshit basically means all content on a 4k TV will be displayed in 4k, thus negating 4k graphics as a selling point altogether?

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Here's the benefits:

PS5™ features
  • DualSense™ Wireless Controller features: Feel the action unfold with the DualSense™ wireless controller's haptic feedback through punches, vaults and vehicular traversal. Experience the tension in rope swings via dynamic adaptive triggers.
  • Fast Loading: Jump back into the adventure quickly with the PS5 console's Ultra-High Speed SSD and near-instant load times.
  • 3D Audio: Hear the world of UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection come to life around you with 3D Audio.1​
  • Fidelity Mode: Play in a super sharp native 4K resolution with a 30fps target framerate.2​
    • 4K-TV players will experience a 4K resolution upscaled from a 1440p base resolution.
    • 1080p HD-TV players will experience a 1080p resolution supersampled from a 1440p base with improved anti-aliasing.
  • Performance+ Mode: Play with a high impact 120fps target framerate 3​ and a 1080p resolution.
www.playstation.com

It's not native 4k?

Well, my memories probably fail me here but it looks like the game I played on my PS4. I don't think I'll pay for a 60FPS patch and play it again.
Great game though, if you haven't played it yet no excuses anymore!

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I don't get how it goes from 1440p/30fps on PS4 Pro to just 1440p/60fps on PS5.

The 1080p/120 mode is really awesome but just in general this sounds underwhelming to me*

*Still upgrading because i'm a massive fanboy

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

The 1080p/120 mode is really awesome but just in general this sounds underwhelming to me*

I think it's ok if they released it as a patch? For me personally that is the perfect example why I prefer the Xbox over the PS5 these days. A 60 FPS patch should not cost 10€

I would pay 30€ for a 60FPS 4K Bloodborne patch though lol

Zep

Jul 12, 2021

When I first read the 1440p 60 I figured we were getting upgraded settings (over the PS4pro version) with it. While that may end up being the case, from what we've seen in these videos it doesn't look like it.

I definitely won't be happy if the PC version ends up having some settings the PS5 version doesn't.

Fox1304

Oct 26, 2017
So do I understand this correctly, that by having the Lost Legacy disk, I can upgrade to the collection, and then use it with the PS+ version of U4 ?

Oct 27, 2017
Here's the benefits:

PS5™ features
www.playstation.com

This is about the same list you'll see for any other cross-gen game coming out haha

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
had they mentioned anything about save transfer? Started a play through shortly before this was announced

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017
It's not native 4k?

Well, my memories probably fail me here but it looks like the game I played on my PS4. I don't think I'll pay for a 60FPS patch and play it again.
Great game though, if you haven't played it yet no excuses anymore!
Native 4K at 30 fps
1440p at 60 fps
1080p at 120 fps

Tora

Jun 17, 2018
I think it's ok if they released it as a patch? For me personally that is the perfect example why I prefer the Xbox over the PS5 these days. A 60 FPS patch should not cost 10€

I would pay 30€ for a 60FPS 4K Bloodborne patch though lol
Exactly! With a Series X patch you'd benefit from faster load times, 16x AF and 60fps all for free lol
When I first read the 1440p 60 I figured we were getting upgraded settings (over the PS4pro version) with it. While that may end up being the case, from what we've seen in these videos it doesn't look like it.

I definitely won't be happy if the PC version ends up having some settings the PS5 version doesn't.
It doesn't seem like anything has been touched visually speaking, but we'll have to see. To me the only thing that the games really need are bump in shadow quality, but i've not played the game in a couple years so there might be more obvious things to mention.

I hope that the PC version is a proper port akin to GOW and not just the console version with the bare minimum (like Final Fantasy 7 Remake).
This is about the same list you'll see for any other cross-gen game coming out haha
Exactly, and this is Naughty Dog developing this internally? Reminds me a lot of the Ghost of Tsushima upgrade actually, paying £10 for the privilege of playing a native PS5 version.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Performance Mode: Play with a smooth 60fps target framerate.
Naughty Dog loves their 1440p huh.

It's pathetic they're charging people that already own these games $10 to unlock the framerate.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
The lack of a 4K/60FPS mode is a huge bummer considering this is a PS5 SKU and not a PS4 patch. They also don't use any reconstruction techniques either, right? So it's just straight up 1440p? Honestly, this whole things feels like it only exists as an ad for the movie.

Any chance we get gyro aiming? They added it for TLOU2. Since they didn't mention it I'll assume no.

PS. Huge spoilers in the trailer. So if you're new and want to go in blind, do not watch.

Antony

Oct 25, 2017
Charging for an increased framerate, shameless.

As far as I remember PS4 Last of Us was quite an improvement which makes the lack of upgraded visuals here odd.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
I'll get the upgrade to replay LL. I loved that game a lot.

I thought U4 had some great moments, but really was too long for me and I don't have time to replay it.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of words just to say nothing, regarding visuals

Is it really just gonna be a res and framerate boost alongside the PS5 standard enhancements? I wanna know more

I at least hope that the PC version gets some decent visual tweaks if they're really doing nothing on PS5 - for one the game would benefit from some higher res shadows

It's a res OR a framerate boost IIRC.

Either 60fps with the PS4 Pro's resolution or 4K at 30fps.

hanshen

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Chicago, IL
So since I have both Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy on discs, I can give one to my friend and we can both pay $10 to get the PS5 collections right?

Tora

Jun 17, 2018
It's a res OR a framerate boost IIRC.

Either 60fps with the PS4 Pro's resolution or 4K at 30fps.
Yeah, that's correct. The part that is underwhelming to me really is that there don't seem to be visual enhancements on top of that and the fact that we're only getting 60fps with the same res as the pro in that case.

So since I have both Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy on discs, I can give one to my friend and we can both pay $10 to get the PS5 collections right?
Correct

kanuuna

Oct 26, 2017
This always looked like a super lean update from the very first time they showed it. I'm far more excited to see what they're cooking up for PC - though I guess there's a chance that won't be anything extraordinary either.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I still vividly remember the magic of storytelling and acting that is the pirates table scene in Uncharted 4, happy for all PC players who will experience the games for the first time!

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I will not be purchasing this until I can be assured it will guarantee Uncharted 5.

Tora

Jun 17, 2018
Awesome. Thanks for the replies. My friend just got her first playstation console so I've been trying to convince her to catch up on Uncharted.
Hope she enjoys! The pacing of UC4 gets ragged on a lot but I think if you're really invested into the story from the prior 3 entries, it doesn't feel like a slog at all.

Kaiken

Oct 25, 2017
Was hoping for at least native 4k with 30fps. Never finished LL so I might bite.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Waiting for the PC version, but a day 1 purchase for me.

Hoping Last us Us Remake and Last of Us 2 eventually come to PC as well.