• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What was the best game of 2017?

• Super Mario Otterssey

• The Legend of Zelda: Breath otter Wild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My hype is growing with each passing second. Kind of hoping we get something for DQXI as I've been jonesing to play that game. Really close to just buying it on PS4, but any information on the Switch version could make me hold off.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So are we sure that Smash forum leak that was way too detailed is fake? That's the date and FFXV PE it predicted now (although I'm not 100% sure on XV PE being before others spotted it).

Edit: ehhh too much other weird stuff for it to be real.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We can go deeper.

14483_1399388617.jpg

Eliseo

Oct 25, 2017
Is it even possible to get any of the persona games on Switch? I always thought Sony had some kind of deal with Atlus.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Lol I sure did. My bad. But either way I'll say I expect Animal Crossing news sooner than later. Even if it's not tomorrow. Seems like the perfect game for Switch online

Yeah I'm expecting AC to release some time next year. I really do.. seems like too good of an opportunity not to have it rather soon in to Switchs life.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
my issue is
a, i'm so tired of the "new" aesthetic
b, if they're gonna continue with it, just make a new game instead of a port. they already got the engine and all these assets, just make a new "new" game.

You are tired of the "new" aesthetic but want them to develop a sequel on something that cannot be improved? Ok I guess

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo should just make a Direct entirely about 4th entries: Metroid Prime 4, Pikmin 4, Persona 4, Golden Sun 4, and the real surprise... Mother 4 (w/o ever releasing Mother 3 in the West).

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I'm thinking we're finally getting word on that Castlevania collection. Right in time for Halloween.

PCPace

Oct 30, 2017
Alabama
I think we're gonna see Phoenix Wright here. It was reported early this year that Capcom was porting some games over for this year and making a new one, but radio silence since.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
So are we sure that Smash forum leak that was way too detailed is fake? That's the date and FFXV PE it predicted now (although I'm not 100% sure on XV PE being before others spotted it).

Edit: ehhh too much other weird stuff for it to be real.
There was like only 20 people who knew exactly what there would EXACTLY going to be in the direct when he posted that, maybe less since it was a few days before the direct. It would be so easy to find who leaked the infos.

Never believe a rumor when it's that much detailled. If you know exactly what's going to be there and in what order, it means you work at Nintendo and that you either edited the video or translated it. Easy to find you.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo should just make a Direct entirely about 4th entries: Metroid Prime 4, Pikmin 4, Persona 4, Golden Sun 4, and the real surprise... Mother 4 (w/o ever releasing Mother 3 in the West).

Don't forget StarTropics 4.

A series so good it doesn't need a third entry.

Oh and Kid Icarus 4.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
I think we're gonna see Phoenix Wright here. It was reported early this year that Capcom was porting some games over for this year and making a new one, but radio silence since.
I could see that.
it'd be nice to see some more JP games, even if some are ports.

I wonder what the next big collaboration will be.
Those seem to be shown at e3 like Metroid and M+R.

and it's too soon for Pokken or a Warriors game.

PCPace

Oct 30, 2017
Alabama
Shigesato Itoi had said that he considers our current real world to Mother 4.

So mother 4 will be an ARG game using various webcams across the Earth.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
It's also nearly TGS time, and Capcom has traditionally announced Ace Attorney games a week or two before. Usually with a "Tune in to TGS to find out more!"

Feichaw

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so hyped right now. I know I shouldn't be, but I can't help it. Persona 4 Golden and/or 5, please...

Metroid Prime 4 would be nice too...

Help me...

Status
Not open for further replies.