• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What was the best game of 2017?

• Super Mario Otterssey

• The Legend of Zelda: Breath otter Wild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Can't decide if I should go into work late to catch this at 6. I make my own hours at the moment so it wouldn't be big deal but then I'd get out later. hmmm.

Vitor

Oct 30, 2017
Which makes the idea of Animal Crossing announced at E3 seem much less likely. Pokémon was literally just "guys we promise it's coming" and Metroid was a logo with some music. Unless you're suggesting Animal Crossing will be revealed the same way with details and a release further than a year or two away then I'm not sure there is any reason to believe Animal Crossing won't be announced in a direct. It may not be tomorrow's but Animal Crossing isn't getting saved as an E3 reveal. Nintendo has the clout to announce their biggest titles without sharing the spotlight with other companies.
It will absolutely be announced tomorrow, I was just answering your question ("How many actually big titles got announced for Switch at E3?")

Fritz

Oct 26, 2017
I think we will get any kind of in depth look of announced or yet unannounced games at TGS. Thats not what this direct will be wasted on.

This direct will give us some goodie new announcements.

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
I want some details on how Family account works, and if I pay for my US account on Switch will the rest of the accounts get it too or will I have to include them in the Family account..

Need clearing

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
That's about scheduling.

2018 Q1 had barely anything. And they wanted to show Bayo 1+2 at the TGA.
Hence, Sept 2017 direct didn't show much for early 2018.

People get caught up too much in the history without examining the details.

if 2019 Q1 is lackluster again, and there is a reason to hold other announcements, then we won't see too many 2019 games in the direct
if 2019 Q1 has games, and other games need to be announced, then we'll see them.

what happened a year ago isn't relevant to that aspect of the direct. Spring 2017 direct announced nothing. Spring 2018 direct announced an effton of games. It's about the schedule.

The 3rd Labo set (vehicles) is much more game-y than the first two, so perhaps they can incorporate the franchise along with the "regular games" if they see they can benefit from it.
I'm going by precedent.
Labo 3 could've been announced at e3 in June. Instead it was a random video 1 month later in July
if it was for the "gaming" crowd, could've easily done it 1 month earlier at e3.
and of course labo 1+2 was revealed by itself, and not during the spring direct.

so until the precedent changes....shrug.

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Metroid Prime 4, "pokemon core game" whether that is Let's go or not I dunno, Yoshi, Kirby, Daemon X Machina (dont know if they are going to push it as big or not), Mario Party... I'd say that is a fair amount of big games announced.

None of those are as big as Animal Crossing except Pokémon and that was literally "don't get mad that Pokken was announced on Switch. We swear we're working on a core game for Switch". No gameplay, not even a logo. MP4 was a logo with music. While they are likely going to be good games, (and Kirby was solid) I don't think Animal Crossing is getting saved for E3. It will get announced in a Direct where it doesn't have to share the spotlight with every other company.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I'm expecting one surprise 3rd party port, like Doom last year

Do not let me down R*

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love how with all these wish lists, like almost nobody lists English Mother 3 anymore.
i did on my amazing but hugely ignored bingo card that i spent like 10 minutes on.

screenshot2018-09-05a5ki2s.png

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
It's not 2017. It's a different time with different games now. 2017 going into 2018 sucked. 2018 going into 2019 should be damn good.
I don't agree with your "2017 into 2018 sucked" but yeah for real, Nintendo Directs are always surprising and unique. We don't know what to expect, it wont be the same as last september direct.
We can dream, it's fine to expect big things lol.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
With October coming up, I have a feeling we're going to have at least a mention of Bayo 3. Probably a trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.