FreeMufasa

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Go get you a pair of Addidas Slavers.

adidas_custom-dd3cc28e71ac74a89c1b50880c0d448461420c56-s800-c15.jpg

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
The 97s are one of the most iconic, nearly perfect sneaker designs. Got a good laugh seeing them disparaged from post one.

Triple S will be talked about for decades, and anyone who thinks they're just expensive Sketchers has clearly never handled a pair in person. Design and construction that's just off the charts.

Ugly, expensive shoes is the $1700 Margiela trash sneaker with duct tape and hot glue:

182168M237010_1.jpg

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
Whatever floats peoples boats I guess. Personally I think the shoes posted in here are hideous.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
The buyers don't give a shit about what it looks like. It's "look how much these cost and I have them".

Keylow

Oct 25, 2017
My day job is working at the headquarters for Finish Line where we ship all of our shoes to different locations around the country. Finish Line specializes in premium shoes, like Jordans and Yeezys, meaning people shell out upwards to $260 on a pair of sneakers.

Some of the stuff that I see in inventory makes me wonder why the fuck people are spending almost half a paycheck's worth on money on a pair of shoes. Like, if you had that money to blow, wouldn't you want something that holds some value like Jordans instead of whatever the hell these things are?
1.w710.h473.2x.jpg

Anyone else care to share some examples of just the ugliest expensive shoes?
97's airmax's are not ugly

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly like 99% of expensive sneakers look like absolute dogshit to me.
I feel like this is the case with "high fashion" in general though, basically it's just a scam to see how people are willing to spend ridiclous sums of money on overdesigned "limited" things. Ah well, if people buy it can't blame them for doing it.

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The reason shoe companies make these is to have a good laugh at idiots with too much money.

Kinda like Apple.

Deleted member 9838

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hype beast culture can get just as cringy as gaming culture sometimes. I would say the worst offender was this pair of white payless granny sneakers made by gucci which had faux yellowing and dirt on them. I swear I saw the same pair of sneakers at a goodwill once. The Guccis was $800.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just don't see the problem here. People like the rush of finding the shoes and collecting them. If this didn't work we wouldn't have an entire industry around it.

A collectors type of industry has always existed in some capacity be it toys or comics or shoes now.

There's no problem, the guy is just jealous of people with disposable income, pretty transparent.

Deleted member 38573

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2018
lol some of you guys have zero drip and that's okay

have fun with your basic ass adidas superstars

Triple S is an awesome shoe, I'd never buy a pair but they're great.

this is where i'm at with any of the triple s inspired runners (filas, yeezy wave runners etc). my current wardrobe would do them zero favours

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
sauce, my guy. jesus, what's the avg age itt.....

if you're gonna talk shit post what shoes you have on tbh

Hypebeast ass shoe trends are god awful. All these people trying to get Off-white and Yeezy shoes as if they are somehow aesthetically pleasing.
Same type of dudes who still think wearing Bape is cool. Shit is just like a more expensive Obey. Never understood the love for the Air Max 97 either.