• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1258

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My day job is working at the headquarters for Finish Line where we ship all of our shoes to different locations around the country. Finish Line specializes in premium shoes, like Jordans and Yeezys, meaning people shell out upwards to $260 on a pair of sneakers.

Some of the stuff that I see in inventory makes me wonder why the fuck people are spending almost half a paycheck's worth on money on a pair of shoes. Like, if you had that money to blow, wouldn't you want something that holds some value like Jordans instead of whatever the hell these things are?
1.w710.h473.2x.jpg

Anyone else care to share some examples of just the ugliest expensive shoes?

Oct 26, 2017
And because OP brought up Air Maxes, I completely forgot that Nike had the godawful idea to combine the vapormax midsole with the Air Max 97 upper.

air-vapormax-97-shoe-ZCjW8h.jpg

So fucking trash.

aznpxdd

Oct 25, 2017
Like it or not, streetwear (and sneakers are a big part of it) is at the forefront of fashion right now. There are peeps who are gladly paying 2k+ for Off-White AJ1's, its just simple supply and demand.

Semi Frozen Yellow's are definitely the least liked Colorway of 350v2's, but the silhouette overall is dead sexy. A big plus now most peops can pick it up for retail prices in stores.

Oct 26, 2017
These are boots for light snow. They're the most attractive version of that kind of boot I've seen. I got no beef with these. If you're wearing them in Whistler or Wisconsin you're fine.

There are way better looking and performing light snow/winter boots for the fraction of that price. Not to mention, it looks horrible no matter how you try to dress it. Which is a shame because Tom Sachs's original Mars Yard was actually quite nice aesthetically.

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
There are way better looking and performing light snow/winter boots for the fraction of that price. Not to mention, it looks horrible no matter how you try to dress it. Which is a shame because Tom Sachs's original Mars Yard was actually quite nice aesthetically.
Wouldn't be so bad if the original Mars Yard wasn't literally sewn into the bag

WeAreVenumb

Oct 27, 2017
I dont think I've seen a pair of yeezys yet that didn't make me go "people are paying how much for this fugly shit?!"

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
I am constantly surprised what with ugly and Dad shoes coming into popularity again that Hi-Tec haven't tried to make a play

They are the original fiver at the market trainer

Eila

Oct 27, 2017
My day job is working at the headquarters for Finish Line where we ship all of our shoes to different locations around the country. Finish Line specializes in premium shoes, like Jordans and Yeezys, meaning people shell out upwards to $260 on a pair of sneakers.

Some of the stuff that I see in inventory makes me wonder why the fuck people are spending almost half a paycheck's worth on money on a pair of shoes. Like, if you had that money to blow, wouldn't you want something that holds some value like Jordans instead of whatever the hell these things are?
1.w710.h473.2x.jpg

Anyone else care to share some examples of just the ugliest expensive shoes?
Those look straight out of 1997.
I only buy sneakers on sale. Most I've paid is probably about $70-80.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
I was totally expecting to come into this thread and see a whole bunch of sneakers I really like being posted. Pretty relieved everything ITT looks awful. I get told a lot of the sneakers I get are ugly oddly often. Supra's for life.

Last edited:

beins

Oct 25, 2017
Why are shoes these days so big and tall. They all have huge bulging soles. Those air max shoes above look like they are for a 3 year old kid and should have Velcro.