• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JustSomeone

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User warned: conspiracy theories
Oh really. Please tell us why?
Because it's naive to think a bloodthirsty regime like the Iranian one will keep his side of the deal.
It lets them enjoy the removal of the sanctions while secretly building their nuclear force.
Bringing back the sanctions will at least slow them down until there is a better solution.

Inkblots

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
iran got into the deal so the sanctions can be lifted. if they don't benefit from the deal they should continue enriching uranium, it only makes sense.
How much do they care about American sanctions? Hopefully, a European deal is enough to deter them.

The US seems to want to go into Iran, but this time they wouldn't even have the small backing that they did with Iraq.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
You honestly think that Iran is going to use small expeditionary forces in a country in the midst of a war, to initiate an invasion or attack on the most powerful country in the Middle East, who also happens to have nukes?

No. They are going to instruct their proxies in Syria to launch attacks against Israeli military targets inside Israel. Iran doesn't act directly, they use proxies so they can deny involvement. I don't think anyone will be surprised when it happens.

It's a shit move by Trump and it's only going to inflame the region.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Thread's moving quick so forgive me if this has been posted.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because it's naive to think a bloodthirsty regime like the Iranian one will keep his side of the deal.
It lets them enjoy the removal of the sanctions while secretly building their nuclear force.
Bringing back the sanctions will at least slow them down until there is a better solution.

Weird, I don't see you providing any evidence.

Murasaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Deep North
More Iranian scientists, engineers and academics about to be murdered in front of their families by Mossad car bombs. Incredibly angry right now.

Oct 28, 2017
Good. This "deal" wasn't gonna stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons anyway
Really? How so? Be very specific.

Ever notice that Trump and his base have no ideas how to replace the things they pull out of or want to? Hell, it is 8 years and I still haven't seen their viable replacement for the ACA. And his base remains ever subservient, they never even ask for one.

If I'm North Korea, I'm never making a deal with the U.S. How could they ever trust us under Trump? How could anyone?

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
I don't believe for one second that this is calculated move to degrade America's standing. Trump is to shortsighted to accomplish such a complex plan. But he cares deeply about satisfying his fanbase AND it upsets Obama's legacy, so it had to be done.

So tales from your ass, basically.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking idiot.
Gah. Have fun with weakened US soft power and/or a nuclear Iran.
Sigh...

'3y Kingdom

Oct 27, 2017

Do you have any proof? Against the words, say, of actual nuclear inspectors?

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
"They won't keep their side of the deal so let's pull out and do it first"

Everyone should nuke up so the US doesn't fuck you over.

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
You honestly think that Iran is going to use small expeditionary forces in a country in the midst of a war, to initiate an invasion or attack on the most powerful country in the Middle East, who also happens to have nukes?

No, I don't.

I am just posting to possibly explain that CNN thing.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
but 5 countries (germany, UK, france, china, russia) and the internation atomic energy agency has confirmed time after time that the deal is effective, and iran has complied to it. but i guess you know better.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London

And what is this mythical "better solution"?

Oligarchenemy

Oct 25, 2017

Aw yeah, going with feelings over evidence again.

Deleted member 15440

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Iraq was not that long ago. It's odd that people have forgotten what a failure that was already.
people remember the lessons of iraq perfectly. the national security apparatus remembers that it got a shitload of money and authority to pursue a war on terror, the military industrial complex remembers that it grew even fatter on defense contracts, the media remembers lots of lucrative bloody coverage of a foreign war, and the administration remembers how the last deeply unpopular republican president got reelected off the back of idiotic patriotism.

most of all, they all remember that there were no consequences for people like them. nobody went to jail for lying to get us into a war, no media figure was fired or marginalized for cheerleading the worst foreign policy disaster of the modern age, nobody was prosecuted for torturing prisoners of war, nobody even questioned drone striking foreign civilians or american citizens. they all reaped huge rewards and the only people who suffered were the grunts on the ground and the general populace who paid for it all.

our system is specifically built to encourage things like this, so why on earth wouldn't they do it again?

Lurkyseas

Banned
Dec 31, 2017
Trump is pissing me off. And the Republicans in Congress are all complicit because they have refused to keep this buffoon in check.

YOU ARE ALL GONE AFTER THIS YEAR, GOP. Do you hear me? GONE!

Jack Scofield

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure how he can expect to make a deal with North Korea when it's clear that America's word is not worth shit.

Fuck this clown. It's pretty amazing how consistently wrong he is about EVERYTHING.

Oct 25, 2017
This is precisely the sort of dangerous political posturing that serves as a megaphone to the entire world that the United States cannot be trusted to carry on committing to even the base foundations of hard-fought negotiated geopolitical deals without suddenly turning around and reneging on them whenever a new occupant (especially a mad one who doesn't think much further ahead than how many brownie points his base can give him) waltzes into the White House.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Point raised by an analyst on LBC just now (he wasn't claiming Iran are doing anything nefarious):

Inspectors have to give 24 days notice to enter any facility.

Is that seen as a fairly standard amount of notice for these sort of inspections?

This is concerning though and I'd hope that cooler heads from the other signatories bring it back in order somehow soon.

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wanna know the_turd's reaction but I don't wanna risk losing any brain cells, anyone willing to take one for the team?

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017

Because it's naive to think a bloodthirsty regime like the North Korean one will keep his side of the deal.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
I'm almost 100% confident that the US military has been directly responsible for far more civilian deaths (I'm not even talking about deaths as a result of sectarian violence or from terror groups that have flourished due to actions of the US) this century, than the Iranian regime.

I love how you don't seem to really understand the terms of the deal lol. Do you realise that Iran was closer to a bomb before signing the deal than they are now?

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
How long until we absolutely know Iran had nuclear missiles and we need to send in a "small" military operation to investigate?

It's 2002 all over again.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is a horrible mistake, this will make all peace agreements in the future harder, especially the upcoming talks with North Korea

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone calm down. I highly doubtful there will be a war. If it's anything like tpp and other countries decide to stay in the deal I doubt much will change. At least in the short term. Remember just a few weeks ago we were talking about a global trade war and nothing came of it.

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
Jesus Christ; this was expected but it is still horrifying and shocking. The global ramifications of a war with Iran will be longterm, devastating and painful. You need a revolution America, your so-called "democracy" is full of holes, and simply voting Democrat is not going to provide any longterm solutions to a state that has engaged in almost nonstop warfare over the past century.

On a separate note - and excuse my ignorance on this - but what kind of solutions can the EU provide where a deal with Iran is concerned? Is a deal between the EU and Iran even possible considering its relationship with the US? Is there any possibility of the EU reconsidering its relationship with the US for the sake of global stability?

Subxero

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Now that they cant fear monger North Korea to fund the military they need a new target. It just so happens s that the Iran deal cover that and throws something else Obama did under the bus.

Gas has already increased a bit more than .30 if it goes to .40, .50, .60 it will definitely affect a large amount of people.

The super rich, corporations, and industrialists are the only ones being currently represented by the Government.

Everything he does hurts the average American. It makes the world a more dangerous place. Its ignorant, just like all the people who voted or didn't and let this happen.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Point raised by an analyst on LBC just now (he wasn't claiming Iran are doing anything nefarious):

Inspectors have to give 24 days notice to enter any facility.

Is that seen as a fairly standard amount of notice for these sort of inspections?

This is concerning though and I'd hope that cooler heads from the other signatories bring it back in order somehow soon.

24 days notice for facilities that aren't declared nuclear sites; for those they can enter when they please.

The IAEA will have multilayered[83] oversight "over Iran's entire nuclear supply chain, from uranium mills to its procurement of nuclear-related technologies".[84] For declared nuclear sites such as Fordow and Natanz, the IAEA will have "round-the-clock access" to nuclear facilities and will be entitled to maintain continuous monitoring (including via surveillance equipment) at such sites.If IAEA inspectors have concerns that Iran is developing nuclear capabilities at any non-declared sites, they may request access "to verify the absence of undeclared nuclear materials and activities or activities inconsistent with" the agreement, informing Iran of the basis for their concerns.[85] The inspectors would only come from countries with which Iran has diplomatic relations.[87] Iran may admit the inspectors to such site or propose alternatives to inspection that might satisfy the IAEA's concerns.[85] If such an agreement cannot be reached, a process running to a maximum of 24 days is triggered.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how Trump's white supremacist base views this.

On one hand, it fucks over brown people. On the other hand the Israeli's love it.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
The United States is going to nuke someone eventually, they might as well nuke us first.