• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
5767.jpg

[War Intensifies]

Trump "The isolationist" everybody!

Edit: I'm sure someone is going to mention how this is spreading panic and fatalism, but Pompeo' s 12 points are infeasible, the ENTIRE purpose of them is to goad Iran into giving up and going back to being "the bad guys" without any reservations.

Fucking imperialistic bullshit from the U.S

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Black and White means there is no middle ground. If you believe he is a terrible person and has no redeeming qualities or abilities as our president then you are by definition viewing it as black and white. It is not debtable. It is the literal definition.

I have things I dislike. I have things I like. I have more I like about his presidency so far then dislikes. Understandable, I am Republican. Just like it is understandable on the other end if you are a Democrat. However, anyone telling me every last thing the person does is bad or good or so on loses me in my perceived credibility every time.

But can you name even just three qualities Trump has as a person or president? To view things in shades of gray is good in theory, but with Trump, or even just the senior echelons of the GOP,

As far as I'm concerned, the man is a rarely seen incaranation of the seven deadly sins.
Greed? Check. That guy measure his own worth by his money, and is well known for not always paying those who work for him, and various scams like Trump University.
Envy? Check.
Sloth? Check, he doesn't take care of his body, go to meetings unprepared, spend a good half of his working time watching TV.
Lust? Check with a vengeance.
Gluttony? Check.
Wrath? Check. He will never let go of a grudge over the slightest things.
Pride? Triple-Checked, his whole life is about fueling his ego. Nothing else matter to him.

I'm also trying to find qualities in Ryan, Nunes or the likes, but the only good thing they have for them is being not completely insane?

And if you still identify yourself as republican desite all the shit that party has done over the last 9 years, I'll urge you to stop watching that propaganda channel Fox News, and travel a bit outside the US.

Deleted member 26398

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
What is happening is frighteningly similar to Bolton's proposed plan a few months ago for war.

Edit: an Iranian analyst wrote something about war being imminent that I think is worth reading. He said that invading Iran is integral to US plan to bring China to its knee. When US controls ME and US oil there are no other oil sources left. China imports 12 mln bpd. With US unilaterally setting the price, China will be at US mercy. Also Iran is where China's belt & road goes from Asia to Europe. The window of opportunity is about to close because China is very aggressively pursuing green energy.

Last edited:

RoyaleDuke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nowhere
What is happening is frighteningly similar to Bolton's proposed plan a few months ago for war.

Edit: an Iranian analyst wrote something about war being imminent that I think is worth reading. He said that invading Iran is integral to US plan to bring China to its knee. When US controls ME and US oil there are no other oil sources left. China imports 12 mln bpd. With US unilaterally setting the price, China will be at US mercy. Also Iran is where China's belt & road goes from Asia to Europe. The window of opportunity is about to close because China is very aggressively pursuing green energy.

Except the nukes and WW3 will happen before the US ever conquers the entire middle east or North Korea.

Literally theft but it's amazing how such a thing can be spinned without anyone daring to go against the false narrative.

I personally do believe the US is on a war path especially with Israel and Saudi Arabia pushing the US admin. The proxy wars aren't working because Iran wins in guerilla tactics and also politically.
Attacking the heart of the biggest anti-US player in the MENA will be the final play after Libya and Syria. Maybe Lebanon also will have to suffer a great deal yet again, there have been rumours IIRC.

Kill all resistance in the MENA and you have what, Algeria left maybe? That country is beyond crippled though. No, this will be what the US has been after for decades: complete control over the region.

Then you only have a couple countries that don't use US equipment in the world, maybe take Venezuela. North Korea. Guess what now you can sell your overpriced F35 shitplane to the poor suckers and turn off the dashboard once they go against your interests. If the F35 will ever even be operational.
All of this.

And also, it's almost seems like none of the people around Trump even care about how badly he's damaging US standing in the world. Pulling out of an international agreement (one that supposedly gives everyone what they want - a nuclear weapon free Iran) and then alienating yourself by threatening your own allies (Europe) with secondary sanctions for staying the same deal the US formerly committed to. I think the Europeans will fold; they have no spine for resisting Washington's orders with few exceptions. But I don't think they will trust the US again to act in good faith and respect international agreements it enters. Also, this only furthur increases Russia and China standing in the world replacing a declining US. France pulled out its investment in the South Pars project and it's expected that China will (or maybe has already) swooped in to replace them. Also, US has a very unique weapon that only it can wield in financial sanctions with it having the dollar as world reserve currency and so much financial activity passing through US banking systems. But using it like this and threatening allies with sanctions will only accelerate workarounds to US financial system.

In short, US is shooting itself in the foot and only accelerating its inevitable decline while trying desperately to maintain its hegemony. It's like those old movie scenes when a person is trapped in quicksand and begins to panic and struggling to get free - but that only makes them sink even faster.

jryi

Oct 27, 2017
bumping this for the Pompeo 12 demands as it pertains to where this is likely going

"What the world should demand", what?!?

AFAIK, world is pretty happy with the deal in place right now.

I dunno man. I feel like if we did invade, it'd start with Trump announcing it on twitter, followed by the army hastily throwing something togther. But that's insane and stupid? Yes. Yes it is.
Trump might accidentally launch an attack on India, because thereabouts.

Oct 25, 2017
Ann Arbor, Mi
All of this.

And also, it's almost seems like none of the people around Trump even care about how badly he's damaging US standing in the world. Pulling out of an international agreement (one that supposedly gives everyone what they want - a nuclear weapon free Iran) and then alienating yourself by threatening your own allies (Europe) with secondary sanctions for staying the same deal the US formerly committed to. I think the Europeans will fold; they have no spine for resisting Washington's orders with few exceptions. But I don't think they will trust the US again to act in good faith and respect international agreements it enters. Also, this only furthur increases Russia and China standing in the world replacing a declining US. France pulled out its investment in the South Pars project and it's expected that China will (or maybe has already) swooped in to replace them. Also, US has a very unique weapon that only it can wield in financial sanctions with it having the dollar as world reserve currency and so much financial activity passing through US banking systems. But using it like this and threatening allies with sanctions will only accelerate workarounds to US financial system.

In short, US is shooting itself in the foot and only accelerating its inevitable decline while trying desperately to maintain its hegemony. It's like those old movie scenes when a person is trapped in quicksand and begins to panic and struggling to get free - but that only makes them sink even faster.

I hope I live long enough to see another country emerge as the world's foremost "superpower."

I'm tired of us being able to just have the whole world by the short and curlies.

I hope I live long enough to see another country emerge as the world's foremost "superpower."

I'm tired of us being able to just have the whole world by the short and curlies.
Well, I'm just hoping for multipolarity where there are enough counterbalances to maintain some degree of stability and peace. Might be just a dream but one can hope. I hope we don't have another nation with the sole aim being world domination. And if we do, hopefully there will be enough strong opposition to prevent it and any war they might try to unilaterally bring. At one point l was unsure if this would happen in our lifetime (assuming most of us on Era are millennials) but it's starting to seem like it just might with US hitting the limits of what its bullying can demand and control.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Iran withdraws from JCPOA if Europe fails to provide 5 guarantees (they don't say what those 5 guarantees are): http://english.khamenei.ir/news/569...JCPOA-if-Europe-fails-to-provide-5-guarantees

Edit: via The Jerusalem Post https://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News...7-conditions-to-remain-in-nuclear-deal-558206
Iran's top leader set out seven conditions on Wednesday for Tehran to stay in its nuclear deal with world powers, including steps by European banks to safeguard trade with Tehran after the US withdrawal from the pact.

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei's official website said that he also stipulated European powers must protect Iranian oil sales from US pressure and continue buying Iranian crude, and must promise they would not seek new negotiations on Iran's ballistic missile program and regional Middle East activities.

"European banks should safeguard trade with the Islamic Republic. We do not want to start a fight with these three countries (France, Germany and Britain) but we don't trust them either," Khamenei said. "Europe should fully guarantee Iran's oil sales. In case Americans can damage our oil sales..., Europeans should make up for that and buy Iranian oil."

So yeah, it's dead.

Last edited:

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017

things are escalating/moving too fast recently

especially today the ME basically had so much things happening it was hard to keep up