• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
It always was crazy to me that war is one of the most successful entertainment genres in games.

For example real people died in World War 2 and we put out and play games about simulating WW2 for "fun".

Kinda fucked up if you think about it. Especially if you have Normandy Beach as your social hub to open loot boxes.

Showing us a take on what really "Modern Warfare" is isnt any better.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly it seems less like they're going for being realistic per se and more that they're updated the movies they're cribbing from to the more modern morally grey/grimdark war movies like Zero Dark 30, Hurt Locker etc.

Phionoxx

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Thanks Mister Megative for taking the time to speak out on this and share your experience to a wider audience.

I deployed to Afghanistan in 2013 but was fortunate enough to not see direct combat. Our unit also didn't suffer casualties. Close friends of mine can't say the same though.