• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
This is literally the first time in my life I've been accused of being a racist or racist apologist. It's fucking hilarious.

Mitch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She clearly says "I guess they have that in the grocery store." It's fast, slurred and sounds really close to the N word. Took me a few listens, but in the context of ramen and poky, it makes sense. Y'all are reaching.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
I'm not familiar with either of the stores you mentioned, but that doesn't matter. We're talking about the context of what she's taking about and it's clear from the clip that she she's contrasting the stores in China Town with the grocery store with an ethnic aisle.

Which is what those stores are. They just happen to have larger ethnic selections than something like Safeway.

Again, this isn't a hard concept.

I can understand if people are saying they don't hear the n bomb. I disagree, but I don't have your ears.

Trying to explain it away as non contextual though is some next level stuff. If someone is willing to drop the n bomb, using it as an adjective for a grocery store fits in the context of the given sentence.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
She clearly says "I guess they have that in the grocery store." It's fast, slurred and sounds really close to the N word. Took me a few listens, but in the context of ramen and poky, it makes sense. Y'all are reaching.

OMG, how racist of you to hear something many other people in this thread have heard too. Have you no shame?!?

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So just out of sheer fucking curiosity (because honestly I don't care what happens to Ammoranth lol)

I showed this video to 3 people at work without any context and asked them what she said. Not one of them thought she said the N word. Two said in the grocery store and one said she couldn't tell what she said cuz she mumbles.

So now I think the title of this thread may have biased what I'm hearing. I don't know anymore lol.

I feel like this is when someone tells you song lyrics incorrectly and then you can never hear it any other way.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
It could be a small store that she and some of her friends call that because they sell exotic foods and is owned by a non-white person?

So she's talking to her followers about a store only her friends know and expecting those people watching to know what kinds of foods they sell? What exactly is the sentence you think she's saying?

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Which is what those stores are. They just happen to have larger ethnic selections than something like Safeway.

Again, this isn't a hard concept.

I can understand if people are saying they don't hear the n bomb. I disagree, but I don't have your ears.

Trying to explain it away as non contextual though is some next level stuff. If someone is willing to drop the n bomb, using it as an adjective for a grocery store fits in the context of the given sentence.
It's a matter of considering all the factors we're presented with, from this incident. Yes initially it sounds like she dropped the n-word, but it makes no sense.

Then under further scrutiny it actually isn't clear that she said the n-word escically when a slured "i'nnagrocsstore" makes more sense in the context of the sentence and the entire conversation from the longer clip.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
team grocery: "haha oh man this girl sucks but this is a real yanny/laurel situation"

team n-word: "we are at the front lines of the war on racism"

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So she's talking to her followers about a store only her friends know and expecting those people watching to know what kinds of foods they sell? What exactly is the sentence you think she's saying?
If you feel comfortable saying certain words and phrases with friends, you're more likely to accidentally let them slip when talking to your followers online as well

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
team grocery: "haha oh man this girl sucks but this is a real yanny/laurel situation"

team n-word: "we are at the front lines of the war on racism"

At point it's just The Struggler and Klois talking to each other about how racist everyone else is and ignore all other posts.

If you feel comfortable saying certain words and phrases with friends, you're more likely to accidentally let them slip when talking to your followers online as well

Again, what is it exactly you think she's saying? Because even with your theory the sentence wouldn't make sense in context of everything else she had been saying.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Anyone who tries to argue she is saying grocery deserves a ban.

Its clear as fucking day what she is saying and how anyone can try to pretend otherwise is beyond me.

The Struggler

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 3, 2019
At point it's just The Struggler and Klois talking to each other about how racist everyone else is and ignore all other posts.

Again, what is it exactly you think she's saying? Because even with your theory the sentence wouldn't make sense in context of everything else she had been saying.
What posts? The ones claiming she said grocery store yadda yadda yadda, there aint no grocery store in there. I even showed family and they heard the rated R hard R. The fact that people also defend and say "well context matter" racism doesnt need context or a clear start or end it just happens. She let the hard R slip

Quantza

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Opinion of an audio engineer. I don't know what any of this means but he's pretty firm now that she didn't say it:

Repeatedly trying to listen for something will eventually be biased, so I'm going with the above.
Also, I heard the n-word, but it was slurred with the next word or two, so this isn't conclusive by my ear, anyway.
Lastly, the context (types of Japanese food) doesn't make sense for the n-word to be purposely inserted there.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who tries to argue she is saying grocery deserves a ban.

Its clear as fucking day what she is saying and how anyone can try to pretend otherwise is beyond me.
Multiple people throughout this thread have basically taken your position (short of the "they should be BANNED") and then changed their minds later.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
What posts? The ones claiming she said grocery store yadda yadda yadda, there aint no grocery store in there. I even showed family and they heard the rated R hard R. The fact that people also defend and say "well context matter" racism doesnt need context or a clear start or end it just happens. She let the hard R slip

Well for example you said she didn't slur anything else and I gave an example where she did in the same sentence. Also, the hard R comes from the word "grocery". "inna grocestore" is what she mumbles. Where you're hearing as the N word is "inna gr". Say that out loud and it sounds like n***r.

The slowed down version is easier to hear "in the grocery store too"

Atrophis

Oct 25, 2017
She gives the game away with her explanation that she said "in a grocery store". The word grocery isn't anywhere to be found and doesn't fit in with the words or the inflection of what she's saying there. If she's saying "in a grocery store" her emphasis on the n and g sounds is what doesn't make any sense.

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She gives the game away with her explanation that she said "in a grocery store". The word grocery isn't anywhere to be found and doesn't fit in with the words or the inflection of what she's saying there. If she's saying "in a grocery store" her emphasis on the n and g sounds is what doesn't make any sense.
wait, now grocery store doesn't fit the context of what she was saying!? the tables have turned

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I still hear it both ways depending on what headphones I use, but just out of curiosity I sent the video without any context or explanation to a buddy I play with online and he didn't hear the N Word. He heard grocery store and asked me "why did you send me a video of a drunk girl talking about food?" But when I told him why I sent it he said he could hear it both ways depending on how he listened to it now.

So now I am even more confused. I'm just gonna go with everyone else though and say she said the N word. Because it wouldn't surprise me if she did.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017

Watch the slowed down version I just posted, she says "grocery" at 2 seconds.

I still hear it both ways depending on what headphones I use, but just out of curiosity I sent the video without any context or explanation to a buddy I play with online and he didn't hear the N Word. He heard grocery store and asked me "why did you send me a video of a drunk girl talking about food?"

So now I am even more confused.

So you're only a racist apologist depending on what headphones you're wearing.

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
I only hear the n word, but it seems like some kind of verbal dyslexia. Does she have a history of dropping n-bombs or racist opinions?

I don't really follow her, but the only gaffe I've seen raised here was a clip of her recording and herself at the gym and lying to staff about it.
I hear the n-word too. I don't know what to think tbh. In the past she's been a pretty strict dictator on banning folks who are sexist or racists. She doesn't allow that kind of behavior in her chat. But it sure sounds like she said the n-word. But it also doesn't make sense in context. Also, she doesn't seem in her normal frame of mind. She seems rather not-lucid, almost high. So I don't know what to think other than it's been a pretty disappointing conversation all around.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
lol this is some yanni laurel shit

i can hear the n word, but i also hear "i guess they have that in the grocery store too now"

Status
Not open for further replies.