• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
she's talking about pocky and some japanese soda and how you can find them in the ethnic aisle
Like someone was saying earlier, it's fairly common in the UK for people to refer to newsagents/corner shops as "paki/muzzy stores" regardless of who owns it

I heard it all the time growing up in the city

Like radeo said, this is what I meant by paki store.

So, her say nigger store to buy Pocky sticks or whatever, is like if I said I was going to the paki store to buy Pocky sticks.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
GUEST_e3c1d54b-ffc0-48a2-8e9d-fea40084cf08

Deleted member 20892

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
also that's not how poke is said rofl

it's po-kay

and conversation has been changed from her saying the nword to her saying others now hmmmm

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
I just really don't think in what situation someone would say they want to get Pocky (a Japanese snack) and Ramune (a Japanese soda) in a store she would describe using the N word. "I guess they have that ______ store." is what these people are hearing. How does that make sense?
it's definitely "in the grocery store"

n-word there would make no sense, neither contextually nor grammatically
she says the words "ethnic aisle". why would she be talking about an ethnic aisle if the entire store is already "ethnic themed" or whatever?
She isn't taking about an international market though. She's saying you can also find those items in the grocery store in the "ethnic aisle".

Pick a store that is either owned by PoC or frequented by PoC. As others have pointed out, it's not a stretch.

Something like a FoodsCo or a Grocery Outlet that is going to have a larger selection of ethic food. You can get a lot of good stuff there (often cheap) but it's going to be a lot more diverse than a white suburban store.

Someone who is bigoted could easily have an offensive way to refer to it.

This is not a stretch, especially given the clarity of the n bomb in the clip. If you want to argue that she really said something else, go for it, but to claim the n bomb doesn't make sense in the way she used it is silly. It's offensive, but it isn't random.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
Well damn, I've been listening to this on and off for a bit now. I could not hear anything other than "I guess they have that n-word store too now". It sounded blatant, the kind of "slip" that comes out with people that use the word regularly. Especially with her mentioning the ethic aisle, which made me think there was an ethnic store called romulade or something.

I knew what Pocky was though, I get that stuff from the Asian section at the grocery. The sentence just wouldn't make sense to me. The "grocery store" explanation seemed like the biggest stretch. I was even shaking my head at that attempt of an explanation, but I couldn't ignore the amount of people that were reaching it. I couldn't find a romulade store either.

Then, while I was at the grocery store picking up some zucchini, I figured I'd stop by the Asian aisle and look. There it was, Ramune. Pretty damn close to the Pocky. After listening again quite a few times, I hear it finally.

She's not saying "in the grocery store" though that's what she meant. She definitely mumbles. It comes out as "n-gros-store".

I know what it sounds like she's saying, and it's hard to hear otherwise. If it wasn't for the looking at the context of the surrounding words, I would still be in disbelief at the grocery store explanation. The posts describing her prior behavior makes it clear that she's done some bad things. However, this is a bad case of having the mumbles.

Deleted member 2761

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I definitely heard the n-word, but it doesn't really make sense in the context of what she was saying.

Before that, though, she was talking about getting Pocky from the ethnic aisle, which does make sense because that's where supermarkets in the US store the Asian and Latin American foodstuffs. You can find aisles labeled as such in supermarkets situated in even the most cosmopolitan of cities.

Atrophis

Oct 25, 2017
The word "grocery" isn't anywhere in what she said. Mumbled or otherwise, it's not there.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hear "n-word store" and listened several times. I can't make out "grocery store" even if I try to.

Watch the second clip in the OP, she's a fucking idiot, "ethnic food" is "everything that isn't white people food", "things not from America". Cereal is white people food apparently.
Tbf, that's how grocery stores label foreign foods. Though saying "white people food" is weird as fuck.

The Struggler

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 3, 2019
This is utter nonsense.

I hear the n-word. I think she probably said it. But I also recognize that the sentence itself sounds weird and she slurs her speech for half of it.

If someone doesn't think she said the word, that isn't defending racism. And you know that.
She said the N word also we are talking about a young white fragile woman that goes on a rant and said a gym was racist for kicked her out....either way she is a racist

Oct 25, 2017
I've listened to it like 30 times and I am really struggling to hear anything that isn't the n-bomb.
Even her mouth isn't moving in a way that looks like she even tried saying "bigger"

She might not be trying to say it, but it doesn't sound like she's saying anything else.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Pick a store that is either owned by PoC or frequented by PoC. As others have pointed out, it's not a stretch.

Something like a FoodsCo or a Grocery Outlet that is going to have a larger selection of ethic food. You can get a lot of good stuff there (often cheap) but it's going to be a lot more diverse than a white suburban store.

Someone who is bigoted could easily have an offensive way to refer to it.

This is not a stretch, especially given the clarity of the n bomb in the clip. If you want to argue that she really said something else, go for it, but to claim the n bomb doesn't make sense in the way she used it is silly. It's offensive, but it isn't random.
She's specifically comparing the shops in China town to the grocery store not a specialty international market.

has anyone actually gone and watched the surrounding minutes of the actual video?

🤔 and im the troll lmao

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
can anyone tell me which is the "n-word store?"

if she said that it should be easy to identify no? since it would be a store everybody agrees is a n-word store

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
Mumbling the new white excuse to claim you didnt say something racist, pathetic

Go back in my post history and see if I ever defended anything remotely racist, I haven't. I have no time for racists. Doesn't mean I'm not hearing her say "they have that in the grocery store too now". Doesn't mean everyone who hears that is a racist.

So many people heard yanni instead of laurel, I couldn't hear yanni no matter how many times I listened to that. I guess that makes me a racist apologist too somehow.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Neither store that I used as an example is a "specialty international market." Both are discount supermarkets.

No idea where you are getting that from.
I'm not familiar with either of the stores you mentioned, but that doesn't matter. We're talking about the context of what she's taking about and it's clear from the clip that she she's contrasting the stores in China Town with the grocery store with an ethnic aisle.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
well i love that this convo has shifted from she said the nword to foods she consumes
I love that you continue to be more focused on insulting people you disagree with but refuse to actually participate in good faith. Tell us exactly what you think she's saying. The part about food is actually important contextually.

The Struggler

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 3, 2019
she is saying the n word

think i've made that pretty clear
Yep, defenders coming out the wood work. Im not sure if they are fans of her work and feel a need to fan the flames and claim it wasnt there or what. Also funny how she isnt "mumbling" in any other part of her convo in the longer video but at that one part where she says the n-word "well now she just mumbling"

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Looks like she lives in Houston from a very quick search of her public profiles.

I guess the question is, do a lot of black people live in Houston?
24836.jpg

Roughly 1 in 5 people? Well, I see. What about the distribution across the actual city?
Oh, it's very racially segregated?

Well that's interesting.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, defenders coming out the word work. Im not sure if they are fans of her work and feel a need to fan the flames and claim it wasnt there or what. Also funny how she isnt "mumbling" in any other part of her convo in the longer video but at that one part where she says the n-word "well now she just mumbling"
people don't mumble when they aren't mumbling. shocking revelation

Deleted member 20892

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yep, defenders coming out the wood work. Im not sure if they are fans of her work and feel a need to fan the flames and claim it wasnt there or what. Also funny how she isnt "mumbling" in any other part of her convo in the longer video but at that one part where she says the n-word "well now she just mumbling"
white people can do no wrong

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017

She is mumbling, right at the end of that sentence when she means to say "ethnic aisle" she said "ethnical".

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
she's slurring her syllables together
its even more obvious in the slowed down one
"i guess they ha' that in th'grocer store too now"

you are hearing the "in the grocer" as the n word, and she's not saying it. sorry dude
And has she ever slurred her words like this regularly or is it only when she says something suspect?

Status
Not open for further replies.