Status
Not open for further replies.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
but the word "in" ends with it
Yes but those are two different words. There's a pause. Even if you combine them and say she said "a" as 'er" there is no "gro" sound just a ger (with a hard r). There's also no syllables after the supposed "gro".

That's a long list of simultaneous fuck ups.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I just really don't think in what situation someone would say they want to get Pocky (a Japanese snack) and Ramune (a Japanese soda) in a store she would describe using the N word. "I guess they have that ______ store." is what these people are hearing. How does that make sense?

PCPace

Oct 30, 2017
Alabama
I've changed my stance. Given the context I think is exceedingly unlikely she was saying the word due to it making absolutely no sense in that context. And it's clear there is such a level of vitriol for her that people seem to WANT her to have said it so they have permission to hate her more.

It sure as hell sounds like it, but audio is weird, microphones are weird, braces do stuff to the sounds you say, Pareidolia is an extremely strong effect, etc. The context of the sentence makes no sense with the slur. "In the grocery store" being slurred to "in the grostore" and hearing "n th gr store" as "(racial slur) store" is a lot more plausible.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
are we reading the same thread
I've changed my stance. Given the context I think is exceedingly unlikely she was saying the word due to it making absolutely no sense in that context. And it's clear there is such a level of vitriol for her that people seem to WANT her to have said it so they have permission to hate her more.

It sure as hell sounds like it, but audio is weird, microphones are weird, braces do stuff to the sounds you say, Pareidolia is an extremely strong effect, etc. The context of the sentence makes no sense with the slur. "In the grocery store" being slurred to "in the grostore" and hearing "n th gr store" as "(the slur) store" is a lot more plausible.
🤷‍♀️

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I remember this woman from that hilariously sad vid of her Twitch mod trying to high five her and just ignoring him.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
it's sad to see. can't say i'm surprised, sadly

I think she's racist as shit especially with the gym video but you can't be saying everyone in here is trying to defend her. I don't know her and everything I've seen of her leads me to believe she's racist, entitled trash....but I think she didn't use the n word here. If I want to hear it I can, but if I listen and put it in context she just mumbles "in the grocer".

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
It's unfortunate how many people cannot see how the context would make sense when discussing a minority-owned/operated store. It's not at all an uncommon way for a racist to refer to a store.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
Regardless of what she is saying, I only hear the N-word, twitch has handed out 2 day bans for this exact situation.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
How hard do you have to mumble for grocery store to become the N-word.
I know right that's a gold medal at the Olympics worthy mumble.

I'd love to hear someone else attempt that shit and sound even remotely similar.

It's legitimately impressive to fuck up that phrase that badly.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Because I was adamant that she said the N word in this thread. I dont like being wrong about things but it looks like I may have been. Hence the pain

Peak internet. There's almost NOTHING worse than being wrong on the internet because it's a perpetual battle with toxic people and they are going to drag you and be dicks.

Honestly all web forums and social media sites should be deleted and the entire world would be a better place.

The Struggler

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 3, 2019
I know right that's a gold medal at the Olympics worthy mumble.

I'd love to hear someone else attempt that shit and sound even remotely similar
White person mumbles racist slur "nope I clearly hear grocery store guys, its so clear"

Young black boy mumbles and gets brutally murdered for it, rip Emmet Till

Now this post isnt condoning violence but the severity of how people go to bat for other people is astounding.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
White person mumbles racist slur "nope I clearly hear grocery store guys, its so clear"

Now this post isnt condoning violence but the severity of how people go to bat for other people is astounding.
what are you even saying dude. log off and go outside

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
Peak internet. There's almost NOTHING worse than being wrong on the internet because it's a perpetual battle with toxic people and they are going to drag you and be dicks.

Honestly all web forums and social media sites should be deleted and the entire world would be a better place.
Admitting when youre wrong is a good thing though. I was calling out people who said she didn't say the N word saying they were full of shit and all that. I could dig my heels and stick to my first thought but I'd rather be honest with myself.

I'm even the one that posted the gym video to give extra context as to why she would say it. But alas

Last edited:

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

jesus, take a step back.

you can stop saying that people here are "going to bat for racists" by saying that we think someone might have slurred/mumbled a sentence

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018

On second thought, you're not worth the effort. If someone else wants to write out her entire food conversation, we can compare.

cinch

Chicken Chaser
Feb 17, 2019
You've got to be kidding, I don't know who this woman is, and I don't watch Twitch, and i clearly hear her say the "n" word. People actually think she's saying something else wtf?

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Admitting when your wrong is a good thing though. I was calling out people who said she didn't say the N word saying they were full of shit and all that. I could dig my heels and stick to my first thought but I'd rather be honest with myself.

Can't blame you for being so sure. I was, especially the first several listens. She was guilty as hell, but then it clicked just like the yanny thing. Her history of being a shit doesn't help either.

The Struggler

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 3, 2019
You've got to be kidding, I don't know who this woman is, and I don't watch Twitch, and i clearly hear her say the "n" word. People actually think she's saying something else wtf?
Told you defenders my brother, we now have: thats not me as a person, thats not what I heard, and now we have no man that was a mumble

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Im in the "the sounds sure sounded EXACTLY like the N word, but the context makes absolutely no sense" camp.

Like it just would have no plausible reason to be put in that place, in that sentence, even by a white hooded person, it wouldn't have made sense.

But DAMN it sounded like it, but the "in a gr(ocery)" theory does seem right, the sounds are there, perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.