Kensation

The Enlightened "this guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
"Don't be a tough guy! Don't be a fool!"
trumpmow-1505502580.jpg

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
Think of the timeline, after the letter according to news reports he was convinced Erdogan was bluffing so he decides to pull out the troops on a Sunday night without informing ANYONE in command as a counter bluff and he fails as immediately Turkey moves in and starts bombing.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm assuming this letter is coming out now to "prove" that Trump didn't want Turkey to do anything bad.

I'm not sure it has the intended effect. Erdogan completely ignored this tripe and did exactly what everyone knew he'd do. Trump's a fucking loser.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Don't be a tough guy. Don't be a fool."

If you read this with James Earl Jones' Darth Vader voice, it actually sounds very intimidating

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Putin must be shitting himself from laughter every day at what he unleashed into the world of politics.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
PFffaahahahahaha... i would have LOVED to see Erdogan's face when he read this.

That man has lard where his brain is supposed to be.
Your elected overlard.

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
Those who understand strategy are staring in awe of Trump the Master right now.

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
What's funny is Fox wants to show this as an example of how tough Trump is lmaooooooooo
It was leaked to a woman at Fox Business, meaning it almost certainly came from the Trump White House because they thought it made Trump look tough or some such nonsense... just yesterday Lindsay Graham was bragging about the tough letter Trump sent Erdogan!

When...
-Turkish forces entered the Rojava area of Syria like the next day
-Erdogan said he would refuse to meet with Pence and Pompeo

As with the "perfect" phone call... Now imagine all the insane Trump letters they're not releasing!

lobdale

Oct 25, 2017
Of course it's real, he wants everyone to know he sent a very strongly worded letter after giving Erdogan carte blanche to wail everyone.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine Erdogan having a hysterical laugh when reading this right before throwing it away.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
It was leaked to a woman at Fox Business, meaning it almost certainly came from the Trump White House because they thought it made Trump look tough or some such nonsense... just yesterday Lindsay Graham was bragging about the tough letter Trump sent Erdogan!

When...
-Turkish forces entered Syria like the next day
-Erdogan said he would refuse to meet with Pence and Pompeo

As with the "perfect" phone call... Now imagine all the insane Trump letters they're not releasing!

Exactly... this is the kind of thing that Trump thinks makes him look good, and Fox apparently agrees since they didn't immediately kill it and tell him he looks like a fucking idiot

I just... good god, what do you even say lol

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
So I'm assuming this letter is coming out now to "prove" that Trump didn't want Turkey to do anything bad.

I'm not sure it has the intended effect. Erdogan completely ignored this tripe and did exactly what everyone knew he'd do. Trump's a fucking loser.
Makes him look very weak as well.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly... this is the kind of thing that Trump thinks makes him look good, and Fox apparently agrees since they didn't immediately kill it and tell him he looks like a fucking idiot

I just... good god, what do you even say lol

I can't wrap my head around why anyone would view this as "tough" when:

1. It didn't intimidate anyone
2. Trump has yet to destroy the Turkish economy

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
This...wow...I just don't understand this. I feel like I'm living in Twin Peaks or something. Reality has become unrecognizable to me.

Ekakkubris

Oct 31, 2017
East Bay, California
Why do I have a very sinking feeling that this dumbass pres is going to offer up our nukes in Turkey (HAHA! Another thing we just learned today wheeee!!) as some sort of last-minute leverage?....

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Can you even imagine what's in the transcripts of the calls hidden on the secret server? My god...

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
THIS HAS BEEN CONFIRMED AS REAL

Breaking it out from the main Turkey thread since it really needs its own because WTAF.

Jesus, I need a drink now.

THIS IS OUR FUCKING PRESIDENT.
(if you're in a country without a similarly moronic fool running the show, congratulations)

The Onion should just hang it up, there only way that letter could be topped would be to take a big steaming dump on the White House letterhead.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot stop reading this letter, it's comedy gold. What a dumb clown, considering also the outcome.

dots

Oct 27, 2017
Republicans love it, though. It's him showing "strength" as Mike Pence would say. This is what they want in a leader.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
I refuse to believe this is real no matter who confirms it. This is just too much to accept right now.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I kinda don't hate this letter.

It's the closest we've been to Trump having some semblance of humanity.