Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I mean, his followers are violent and petty. I would not want to be the lawyers that lose in federal court for Trump.
You knew that signing up for it though.

I understand the idea that you're going to represent a former president of the USA and how good thats going to look on a CV. But all of them are ruining their reputation and legal careers, as well as likely death threats/attempts if they mess up. Trump is breaking the law in the open and in 8k. Its not even a legal excursive thats mentally stimulating to work any of his cases because he just admits everything hes doing while on trial or doubles down later.

There is just doing a job you were hired to do, but its not mandatory for these people to work with trump. Especially as he doesn't pay anyone. With all that known beforehand, I have 0 fucking simpy for any of them. You know hes going to abuse the legal system that you dedicated your life/profession to. When he starts lying, they all have the option to go "shit, hes insane. I'm out' Only few have. The rest must be drinking the fascism kool aid, i dont know how else to see it.

Its like defending a murderer who keeps murdering people in between your meetings. its just obscene the level of crimes this man is doing in real time. They are parroting his non-legal defenses. Its like he just rents lawyers as actors to say what he wants to say in court, there doesn't seem to be any legalness behind his lawyers.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Having Judge Aileen Cannon put on the case -- the same Trump appointee who was fucking with the FBI last year during the documents search -- makes me nervous. I hope it was worth it to move the case to Florida.

Also I'm not sure if it was mentioned, but Trump's valet was also indicted this morning.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Having Judge Aileen Cannon put on the case -- the same Trump appointee who was fucking with the FBI last year during the documents search -- makes me nervous. I hope it was worth it to move the case to Florida.

No biggie if she is temporarily put on the case. she can ruin her career in totality being overruled again. If she stays, its definitely going to delay everything. Perhaps thats why they also moved to florida, to iron out this nonsense with his own favorable judge for everyone to see.

"
In addition to Cannon, Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart's name also appeared on the summons sent to Trump on Thursday, the sources said.

Reinhart, who was sworn in as a magistrate judge in 2018, is also familiar with the proceedings against Trump: he signed off on the initial search warrant of Mar-a-Lago last year and later ruled to unseal the search affidavit – decisions that made him the target of antisemitic jabs on the internet.

Judges in most federal cases are assigned at random. But the apparent nods to Cannon and Reinhart on the summons for Trump might actually reflect the fact that both have already played roles in the proceedings, experts said."

abcnews.go.com

Judge Aileen Cannon, a Trump appointee, initially assigned to oversee his case: Sources

A federal grand jury voted to indict Trump on at least seven federal charges late Thursday as part of an investigation into his handling of classified documents.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Keep the indictments and charges coming. And I wish I was as optimistic as those saying end up in jail.

And not to be that guy, but lose loose I see so often these days lol

julian

Oct 27, 2017
You knew that signing up for it though.

I understand the idea that you're going to represent a former president of the USA and how good thats going to look on a CV. But all of them are ruining their reputation and legal careers, as well as likely death threats/attempts if they mess up. Trump is breaking the law in the open and in 8k. Its not even a legal excursive thats mentally stimulating to work any of his cases because he just admits everything hes doing while on trial or doubles down later.

There is just doing a job you were hired to do, but its not mandatory for these people to work with trump. Especially as he doesn't pay anyone. With all that known beforehand, I have 0 fucking simpy for any of them. You know hes going to abuse the legal system that you dedicated your life/profession to. When he starts lying, they all have the option to go "shit, hes insane. I'm out' Only few have. The rest must be drinking the fascism kool aid, i dont know how else to see it.

Its like defending a murderer who keeps murdering people in between your meetings. its just obscene the level of crimes this man is doing in real time. They are parroting his non-legal defenses. Its like he just rents lawyers as actors to say what he wants to say in court, there doesn't seem to be any legalness behind his lawyers.
Have a lot of lawyers actually ruined their reputation or lost business by defending Trump?

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
Anyone saying trump is scared isn't paying attention.
His poll #s and fundraising are both way up since he announced his own indictment.
He knew this would happen, he fucking wanted it to happen.
He's not scared in the slightest!

Wrighteous86

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
His poll #s and fundraising are both way up since he announced his own indictment.
Yeah bro, I love to be caught on tape confessing to federal offenses and simultaneously wiping out multiple lines of self-defense.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Have a lot of lawyers actually ruined their reputation or lost business by defending Trump?

Sanctions and losing the ability to practice law, is enough for you to see(as a prospect lawyer) that its a pattern. As far as business, who knows what their financial books show but I doubt many people are lining up to hire guliani, sidney powell, or habba. As far as fascist donations and being booked on TV, sure its a net bonus. Thats why i said they are drinking the koolaid because they are effectively no longer real lawyers, but TV personalities that say fascist things.

on topic;

The Aileen Cannon thing is a wrench. Does anyone know if this means shes just there for the arrest or if this is now her case?

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017

1095-l.jpg

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017

You really have to put /s in these posts or people will think you're serious.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Pence: Only third world countries go after their predecessors.

Well, the fact that Trump has bastardized everything about the Presidency to get to this point speaks volumes as to why he needs to be held accountable for his actions to ensure it does not happen again.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017

I think there's a difference between the kind of activities that win you the Republican primary and the kind that win you a plurality of independent voters and suburban moms.

Clearly his diehard supporters would vote for him even behind bars, but polling also suggest his criming doesn't play well with normal people who don't follow the Biden/Burisma expanded universe content. Going to be difficult to attack Biden on corruption, sexual assault allegations, or national security (all of which he did in 2020) with the receipts the Biden team has now.

FuturusX

Oct 28, 2017
If you're Nauta, would you want to roll the dice on Trump getting elected in 2024 AND actually coming through with a pardon? I wouldn't.

Agreed. It's not the smart move to rely on Trump at all. Trump also has to has to win for that to even be possible. He should fold and let the government use him as a star witness to get the best deal possible.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
MSNBC got papers rustling all over on the mics trying to read this as fast as they can.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
The end of the indictment has max sentences for all the counts. It's 100 years in prison.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Motherfucker was showing these documents off to people who weren't classified, what an idiot.

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
Oct 26, 2017
OK, looks like I got some work to do. Wasn't expecting that quite so soon.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
I've never felt like Trump is actually going to face real consequences more than I do right now.