Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
How many lawyers are left in this country willing to debase themselves representing this loser? I know everyone has a right to legal representation and having a client isn't necessarily an endorsement of their actions. But Trump clearly does not choose people unwilling to do his toadying in the media.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
Trump is gonna end up with a public defender.

Edit: lol resigned

Kensation

The Enlightened "this guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
How many lawyers are left in this country willing to debase themselves representing this loser? I know everyone has a right to legal representation and having a client isn't necessarily an endorsement of their actions. But Trump clearly does not choose people unwilling to do his toadying in the media.
There will always be a scummy lawyer waiting in the wings.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
There were reports earlier in the week that Trusty and co were in hot water for having somehow convinced Trump that he wasn't going to be indicted. The problem with being hired for being a yes man rather than solid legal advice.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
We're one strip mall lawyer away from Trump representing himself

815931.jpg

ChuckXL

Banned
May 3, 2018
What lawyer would possibly sign on NOW? You're not getting paid and he's on tape admitting the crime. He's also ruined the lives of every lawyer who came before you.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
What's incredible about that audio transcript is it involves a document the government still hasn't gotten back from Trump. Not only is it evidence he took shit he wasn't supposed to, it's even more evidence he is hiding or even selling off information.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
So Eileen Cannon, his stooge, will oversea the criminal case? The heck is this.

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There were reports earlier in the week that Trusty and co were in hot water for having somehow convinced Trump that he wasn't going to be indicted. The problem with being hired for being a yes man rather than solid legal advice.
This is how Trump wants his government ran, if he gets the opportunity in 24. Nothing but yes men.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

Donald Trump's lawyers Jim Trusty and John Rowley have delivered their resignations to the former president, the pair confirmed to NPR in an emailed statement.

"We will no longer represent him on either the indicted case or the January 6 investigation," they wrote. "It has been an honor to have spent the last year defending him and we know he will be vindicated in his battle against the Biden Administration's partisan weaponization of the American justice system."

The two added that they had no plans to address the media concerning their withdrawals.

The news comes after Trusty made the rounds on cable television networks this morning, defending Trump on Fox News, NBC and CNN.

Former President Donald Trump confirmed on social media that he is retaining new representation, minutes after his lawyers Jim Trusty and John Rowley announced their resignation.

Trusty and Rowley said in an email to NPR that they will not be representing him in the Mar-a-Lago case nor the Jan. 6 investigation.
"Now that the case has been filed in Miami, this is a logical moment for us to step aside and let others carry the cases through to completion," they wrote.

Who will those others be? Trump named one in his Truth Social post late Friday morning.

"For purposes of fighting the Greatest Witch Hunt of all time, now moving to the Florida Courts, I will be represented by Todd Blanche, Esq., and a firm to be named later," he wrote.

Blanche is a top white-collar criminal defense lawyer who spent more than eight years as a federal prosecutor in the Southern District of New York. He resigned from his law firm position in April to become Trump's lead counsel in the Manhattan hush-money case.

Most notably, as NPR has reported, Blanche previously represented former Trump campaign chair Paul Manafort against state charges brought in 2019 related to mortgage fraud — which a judge ended up dismissing.

Trump said that other lawyers will be announced in the coming days.

"I want to thank Jim Trusty and John Rowley for their work, but they were up against a very dishonest, corrupt, evil, and "sick" group of people, the likes of which has not been seen before," he added.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Impressed that he hasn't run out of lawyers in the entire country yet.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Trump has like an entire apartment building complex of previous lawyers lol

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This might be the first time I've legit laughed out loud just reading a thread title here.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, his followers are violent and petty. I would not want to be the lawyers that lose in federal court for Trump.