darz1

Dec 18, 2017
What's especially funny is that a lot of this I think is just about his ego. He was still trying to play President after he lost. Didn't he have his Mar-a-Lago office redesigned to look like the Oval Office and was treating Mar-a-Lago like his own White House.

Trying to show off to guests by showing them classified documents is exactly the type of shit I could see him doing.

This is of course not including the very real possibility he was also trying to sell government secrets.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
What's especially funny is that a lot of this I think is just about his ego. He was still trying to play President after he lost. Didn't he have his Mar-a-Lago office redesigned to look like the Oval Office and was treating Mar-a-Lago like his own White House.

Trying to show off to guests by showing them classified documents is exactly the type of shit I could see him doing.

This is of course not including the very real possibility he was also trying to sell government secrets.
Yeah totally his ego. To think if he just complied he probably would have gotten a pass.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Yeah totally his ego. To think if he just complied he probably would have gotten a pass.
He would have absolutely got a pass. The people probably wouldn't have even heard about it. It's all the illegal shit he did by holding them that is where he got in trouble. Contrary to what Republicans cry about, the DOJ and Biden administration would have no interest in going after a fomer president without a lot of good cause for a lot of good reasons.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
He would have absolutely got a pass. The people probably wouldn't have even heard about it. It's all the illegal shit he did by holding them that is where he got in trouble.
Yep esp lying to his lawyers and making them sign off on shit they knew wasn't true and all the musical chairs of documents in his bathroom and shit. Man I just can't believe how ridiculous all of this is. I don't even understand how the fuck he had so much shit.

Sky Chief

Oct 30, 2017
Yep esp lying to his lawyers and making them sign off on shit they knew wasn't true and all the musical chairs of documents in his bathroom and shit. Man I just can't believe how ridiculous all of this is. I don't even understand how the fuck he had so much shit.

Lots of enablers, too bad thery'e not all being charged too but that might be because they're cooperating

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Regarding the jury: Florida's voter turnout in the 2020 general was 77%. Possibly they just need to source their pool from the 23% of people who didn't vote. Though I imagine getting those people to show up for jury duty may be a pain.
I thought this is a federal crime, so wouldn't the juror pool be the entire country?

manifest73

Oct 28, 2017
Prior to today I thought most of the speculation of Trump fleeing the county was the stuff of fantasyland. But after seeing that indictment and how seemingly damning it is, there's definitely a non-zero chance that Trump ends up dying in a federal prison. Maybe he will try to do something stupid, I suppose that sort of is his brand.

Also makes me wonder if he'll get to lie in state at the capitol building when he dies. Always assumed he would, but now who knows.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Prior to today I thought most of the speculation of Trump fleeing the county was the stuff of fantasyland. But after seeing that indictment and how seemingly damning it is, there's definitely a non-zero chance that Trump ends up dying in a federal prison. Maybe he will try to do something stupid, I suppose that sort of is his brand.

Also makes me wonder if he'll get to lie in state at the capitol building when he dies. Always assumed he would, but now who knows.

Doesn't he have secret service agents with him 24/7

It would be very funny if he tried anything

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
Seeing a lot of conflicting opinions on whether or not Aileen Cannon will stay pm the trial or not. I think she's a real problem if she does stay but some seem to think it will be easy to remove her through appeals. NYT says she doesn't plan to recuse herself.

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing a lot of conflicting opinions on whether or not Aileen Cannon will stay pm the trial or not. I think she's a real problem if she does stay but some seem to think it will be easy to remove her through appeals. NYT says she doesn't plan to recuse herself.

I imagine, much like the first time, she will do a little dance and then swiftly get removed and reprimanded.

Jamesways

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis

Selling for real estate deals in the middle east.
Could be.

Has anyone checked Susan Collins' concern level?!?

Aug 15, 2022
trying to really charles xavier doomer myself to imagine a last possible off ramp for trump and i think that would've been immediately surrendering to explain and deflate before the indictment was threatened or even right after but no, this guy is just 100% going all in and i think he's fucked and knows it.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017

Just like last time she will stall and delay the whole thing until she's removed like before.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
been seeing the various clips roll out of the chud media over the past 24 hours and it's just mind-numbing. you can see how people become unhinged watching it all day and night. just a constant barrage of yelling this verbal nonsense intermingled with the same scary buzzwords over and over.

sadly effective propaganda. but these people live for the persecution and that's what they do best.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
NPPaMOP.png

Has anyone checked Susan Collins' concern level?!?

>

www.wabi.tv

Maine congressional delegation responds to Trump indictment

Former President Donald Trump has become the first ever former president to face federal criminal charges.

"It certainly is an extraordinary development that President Trump has been indicted for a second time. As with the first case, there is a lot that we have yet to learn. We haven't seen the evidence, so it's difficult to make any kind of judgment, and, of course, in our country a principle of the judicial system is that an individual is presumed innocent until proven guilty."

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought this is a federal crime, so wouldn't the juror pool be the entire country?
No, it's district in which the crime was committed

This is the district https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unite..._the_Southern_District_of_Florida?wprov=sfti1

There is zero doubt there likely were are and will be trump Voters. That's how confident they are. Believe it or not juries tend to take their duty very seriously and don't tend to be partisan as you'd thing

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Shouldn't the Secret Service agents have done something about the state secret documents and the coup attempt and all his other crimes? They would totally help him

How do we know they didn't, I don't trust them terribly either but presumably they'd be going with him on the run or whatever which complicates things a bit doesn't it

Like they're going to know where he is the whole time how do you flee to another country

Jamesways

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
NPPaMOP.png

>

www.wabi.tv

Maine congressional delegation responds to Trump indictment

Former President Donald Trump has become the first ever former president to face federal criminal charges.

"It certainly is an extraordinary development that President Trump has been indicted for a second time. As with the first case, there is a lot that we have yet to learn. We haven't seen the evidence, so it's difficult to make any kind of judgment, and, of course, in our country a principle of the judicial system is that an individual is presumed innocent until proven guilty."
Mildly concerned. Thought it'd be much higher by now.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Oh good, so they'll be another judge overseeing this.

Theres 2x judges on the summons. The dumbass one. And another one thats done their job properly with trump matters.

However i have read that this is her case. Out of 15 judges with more experience and near empty schedules she got it. Think that was wapo or the hill.

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017

This is not a serious position to take.

We elect people, they pass laws. Like the espionage act. Candidates are compelled to follow those laws just like everyone else. They don't get a free pass if they're elected.

To say every criminal verdict should be voted on by the whole country doesn't have a serious connection to the rule of law. It's just the rule of the mob.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking around for the folks that kept saying nothing will happen to him.

Anyone seen them?

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017

Anyone seen them?

I'm still here. Like a lot of us we were pessimistic anything would ever happen to Trump like it doesn't for most powerful people. Also to be fair posts like this have been getting made for years calling people out like what you're doing.

I want to see this man behind bars but I won't assume anything until it happens.

GardenPepper

Oct 28, 2017
Everyone that keeps talking about MAGA on the jury needs to remember that a grand jury approved this indictment to proceed.

Cien

Oct 25, 2017

Anyone seen them?

Still here. Stopped posting about it because I really don't care to get dogpiled, mocked, and generally annoyed by people when I express frustration at the seeming inability to have this orange bastard behind bars.

So back to the void I go. Keeping an eye on this to see what comes of it.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
That's not their job… and they likely were witnesses
Yeah, that's their point. People keep talking about how the secret service will stop Trump from fleeing the county, but that's not really their job either, right? They follow the guy and keep him safe, they don't keep him prisoner.

Maybe they can say "nah, Russia is too dangerous," but even that's overstepping as far as I understand it.

Culex

Oct 29, 2017

Anyone seen them?

I'm glad he's been indicted, twice even!

But the whole point of people saying "nothing will happen to him" is that it does seem like he keeps the delay tactics going.

I'll finally be out of that nothing will happen vortex only when he's convicted.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Chris Christie- "Is this the type of conduct that we want from someone who wants to be president of the United States?" he asked in an appearance Friday evening on CNN.

Every Republican that is not Chris Christie- "Yes?!"