• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I mean the fact that it's your average Weibo chatter means its been disseminated into the national consciousness. But it's weird because at the same time they know deep down that the figures were much higher, and yet they think China is better and more powerful than anyone else. Kinda like knowing you messed up on an exam but telling everyone how you aced it. All about looking good and saving face. Pretty much how Trump operates.

I dunno, I just see it as dumbass nationalism. It;s like me waiting in PUBG lobbies in Australia and somehow get matched to a ton of Chinese and Taiwanese players who keep going "China number 1!" and "Taiwan number 1!". These dumbasses will tow the nationalistic line whenever they can lol. Even if it's not this they'll find something else to puff their chest over.

Excuse me

Oct 30, 2017
I don't wanna throw WHO under the bus but I think it's more then fair to re-think the organization. I mean, centralized power and solution making isn't best possible option to world wide local problems. We have seen this with Ebola outbreaks in non-west african parts, where WHO couldn't act properly because they didn't understand the local customs and hurdles. They didn't listen to local authorities/medical experts but tried same solutions they did with west africa with poor outcome.

So maybe EU for example should try to build something more local, in it's fight against pandemics. There is place for WHO for sure, but I think some parts they do needs to be more local.

edit. Also, WHO is more or less political. I mean the current head of WHO appointed Robert FUCKING Mugabe as WHO good will ambassador and that was considered as political payback for Mugabe for the support he gave Adhanom.

Last edited:

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think he's wrong about them but it doesn't absolve him of any blame for the situation either.

Kaseoki

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The WHO doesn't want to lose access of the starting point of the epidemic and may future problems. So they have to be careful, how to approach the situation and not piss off the wrong nations. Sometimes you have to put your idealistic views in the background, if you have to deal with a bigger crisis.

But at the same time they are allowing for a slippery slope. UN were always striving for more transparency. This is stepping backwards and enabling China. This is going into the "too big to fail" territory. China must be included regardless because they are so big and powerful even if all the data they give to us is useless, we must just go ahead.

I know that the UN/WHO won't ever kick PRC out. But I'd rather US and their allies create their own forum for dealing with these things. Why pay and sit at a dinner table when you know the main dinner guest has diluted the wine with water? People are already pissed at China and the WHO for declaring it pandemic status so late and parroting China's no travel ban stance. Why ever trust the WHO again?

Feb 16, 2018
China reduced travel before the WHO recommended it, in mid January (right during Chinese New Year, the US equivalent of cancelling Christmas). It was about a month from someone raising a whistle till they locked down the region, which... doesn't strike me as super crazy.

i was talking about the WHO, not China

this doesn't read like science. it reads like politics.

Updated WHO recommendations for international traffic in relation to COVID-19 outbreak

This document provides updated recommendations for international traffic in relation to the COVID-19 outbreak, in light of the rapidly evolving situation. It supersedes the advice published on 27 January 2020.On 30 January 2020, the Director-General of the World Health Organization, following...

as recently as 5 weeks ago, basically giving a greenlight to everyone to keep spreading the virus everywhere because the alternative was some economic damage.

Control measures that focus on prevention, particularly through regular hand washing and cough hygiene, and on active surveillance for the early detection and isolation of cases, the rapid identification and close monitoring of persons in contacts with cases, and the rapid access to clinical care, particularly for severe cases, are effective to contain most outbreaks of COVID-19.

what reality do they live in? there are maybe 3 countries in the whole world who can do this

containment was a disaster. now they'll see what actual economic damage looks like. i'm sure they'll monitor that closely. i'm less sure about whether or not they'll see the next pandemic coming

Lishi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The WHO does play politics. They follow CCP propaganda and pretend Taiwan is a providence of China which limits how they can help Taiwan. Luckily Taiwain is quite adapt at dealing with bullshit from China and the UN so they have been able to handle the virus quite well by themselves.

Their stance on Taiwan it's the same as all other country in the world barred few island nation.
They considered them part of china in the official stance, but there are institution in place to threat them as separate nation.

You cannot really blame WHO for being in the forefront of Taiwan recognition, it's not really their turf.

Read this about their stance.

Information sharing on COVID-19

WHO’s focus at all times is to ensure that all areas of the globe have the information they need to manage the health of their people. In a recent interview, the WHO official who headed the joint international mission to China, did not answer a question on Taiwan’s response to the COVID-19...

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
halting travel earlier would have reduced so much spread

i remember WHO saying as late as February that they weren't recommending a halt of travel

i don't know about this funding thing, but at some point in the present and/or future we should investigate how they fucked up so badly
Except most Asian countries including Vietnam, South Korea, and Thailand didn't institute travel bans and they did better than countries that instituted bans. Travel bans are potentially useful for blocking the first cases in your country and little else. It is mainly used as a scapegoat.

Ludon Bear

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 4, 2020
But at the same time they are allowing for a slippery slope. UN were always striving for more transparency. This is stepping backwards and enabling China. This is going into the "too big to fail" territory. China must be included regardless because they are so big and powerful even if all the data they give to us is useless, we must just go ahead.
"Slippery Slope" is the most overused therm ever. We have to face the problems of the present now! In the present the WHO has to deal with a problematic China and still needs them to get access to data, resource and the staring point of the epidemics. This means dealing with propaganda bullshit by ignoring them for now. Playing mind-games of future problems just isn't an option right now, when there are so many lives at stakes world-wide.

I know that the UN/WHO won't ever kick PRC out. But I'd rather US and their allies create their own forum for dealing with these things. Why pay and sit at a dinner table when you know the main dinner guest has diluted the wine with water? People are already pissed at China and the WHO for declaring it pandemic status so late and parroting China's no travel ban stance. Why ever trust the WHO again?
The US and which allies? All those Trump lost and may lose in the future thanks to his politics and character? Which nations would trust the US, China or Russia pocking around in there internal affairs in the name of an epidemic. A functional WHO is already an miracle in itself, but for an organization like this to work, they have to keep one or two eyes closed. It is the sad true about world-wide politics ...

Last edited:

SixPointEight

Oct 28, 2017
I thought I was reading GAF for a second. Do not give this man anything. Focus on his motivations and his actions. Everyone can do better in this context in retrospect but we are dealing with a fascist, who is hell bent on destroying democratic institutions for personal profit.

Do not let him be right. Ever.

Lishi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Except most Asian countries including Vietnam, South Korea, and Thailand didn't institute travel bans and they did better than countries that instituted bans. Travel bans are potentially useful for blocking the first cases in your country and little else. It is mainly used as a scapegoat.

The first nation to ever do the travel ban was Italy...

Maccix

Jan 10, 2018
The US once again looking for culprits.

China hid the numbers for a few weeks while figuring out whats up. At that time there were no tests or something available cause it was a new virus. An earlier call for help to the nation that was in the middle of playing "the great trade war" with them would have helped a lot. Faster reporting to the WHO at least too.

After that the great American government tried to hide the seriousness of this outbreak for at least TWO MONTHS to make more money. At that time they already had statistics of the virus, knew how contagious it was,knew about hospitalisation rate,knew how much ventilators were needed and knew how deadly it was. They called it a hoax and used it for political gains. Made fun of the people who were warning about it.

Even with three months of warning instead of two, nothing would have changed. They have shown exactly that in a spectacular way. Many nations have every right to complain about China, but the US is not on that list.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
Their stance on Taiwan it's the same as all other country in the world barred few island nation.
They considered them part of china in the official stance, but there are institution in place to threat them as separate nation.

You cannot really blame WHO for being in the forefront of Taiwan recognition, it's not really their turf.

WHO’s focus at all times is to ensure that all areas of the globe have the information they need to manage the health of their people. In a recent interview, the WHO official who headed the joint international mission to China, did not answer a question on Taiwan’s response to the COVID-19...

You can say it's poorly handled PR by WHO. The RTHK interviewer asked about Taiwan's response, which was different and effective, it was a reasonable question to ask. She didn't identity Taiwan as a separate country or asked for it to be recognised as such, it was the response from the WHO spokesperson that went beyond the question to actively disregard Taiwan. That's when it felt that they were pushing CCP agenda and got people upset.

Kaseoki

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I mean seeing the actions from the US I'm not sure if it'll be any better.

Well as most people will agree, Trump made this mess bigger than it should be. Either way, the forum wouldn't have to be US led, it just has to made up of member states who are willing to share information unconditionally without lying or cutting out certain figures. A good candidate could even be the EU since they already have a set organization. They just need to expand on their health division.

Sorry about this, and I'm not trying to be personal, but I'm going to have to call you out there because you've been posting the same link again for the past few posts.

We know that the Taiwan issue isn't for them to decide. We know Taiwan is included "somehow" in the data. Everyone understands that. What we are saying is that the institutional structure of the WHO and other UN agencies that allow for Taiwan to be denied a seat at the table is wholly unfair, unreasonable, and political.

I know that the WHO is just taking the UN policy stance, but taking that stance itself IS political. Everyone knows in their head that Taiwan is in every way an independent state with their own passport, political system, social system, etc. but they are denied recognition purely because China refutes that at the UN table and has threatened and bullied countries who choose to recognise Taiwan as a sovereign state. In theory, the WHO should be bigger than that. That's why people are critical of the WHO. "WHO is following the same stance as other countries" is a poor excuse and dog whistling for the One China policy. Medicine should be about research and saving lives, taking any possible lead or strategies that might help. Not "because it hurts the feelings of the Chinese people" so we can't allow your scientists and doctors at our press conferences or meetings.

Feb 16, 2018

i'm not just talking about international flights. i'm referring to all non-essential travel, even within countries / states / cities

delaying the first cases (or reducing the quantity of them) would have helped out most of the regions in the world a lot
it's the difference between containment being impossible vs possible

instead the virus is everywhere and impossible to trace because in most places the spread has exceeded that region's testing capability

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
HOW MUCH LOWER CAN THIS DUMPSTER SINK?

Damn, this is fascinating to watch.

Kaseoki

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I thought I was reading GAF for a second. Do not give this man anything. Focus on his motivations and his actions. Everyone can do better in this context in retrospect but we are dealing with a fascist, who is hell bent on destroying democratic institutions for personal profit.

Do not let him be right. Ever.

So if he says that the Earth is round, we also should say he is wrong? What kind of logic is "Do not let him be right. Ever"? That is radical extremist thinking.

99% of what he says may be awful bullshit. But some of the stuff he says is unfortunately true. Just because he's an awful man does not mean everything he says is absolute trash. This is pure "I disagree with him because I hate him" mentality.

SixPointEight

Oct 28, 2017
So if he says that the Earth is round, we also should say he is wrong? What kind of logic is "Do not let him be right. Ever"? That is radical extremist thinking.

99% of what he says may be awful bullshit. But some of the stuff he says is unfortunately true. Just because he's an awful man does not mean everything he says is absolute trash. This is pure "I disagree with him because I hate him" mentality.

Don't gaslight. How would he undermine democratic institutions by saying the earth is round?

Undermining democratic institutions is his endgame and he's playing a lot of you like a fiddle with this, and it makes me sad.

Have some perspective. If we want to criticize the WHO, so be it. But let's not make it about this Trump, and think for a second that he has any constructive say or good intentions with this.

Last edited:

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
"They didn't see it, how do you not see it? They didn't see it. They didn't report it. If they did see it, they must have seen it, but they didn't report."

TALK.LIKE.A.FUCKING.HUMAN.BEING

Just once ffs

Kaseoki

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Don't gaslight. How would he undermine democratic institutions by saying the earth is round?

Undermining democratic institutions is his endgame and he's playing a lot of you like a fiddle with this, and it makes me sad.

Have some perspective. If we want to criticize the WHO, so be it. But let's not make it about this Trump, and think for a second that he has any constructive say or good intentions with this.

Apologies then. It read as though you wanted him to be wrong 100%.

Apart from describing WHO/UN as democratic institutions (which I strongly disagree with) then I agree with you. My main gripe was with people blindly being outraged simply because Trump did it. I'm sure that most people's qualms with the WHO on Era are not related to Trump in any way.

Lishi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry about this, and I'm not trying to be personal, but I'm going to have to call you out there because you've been posting the same link again for the past few posts.

We know that the Taiwan issue isn't for them to decide. We know Taiwan is included "somehow" in the data. Everyone understands that. What we are saying is that the institutional structure of the WHO and other UN agencies that allow for Taiwan to be denied a seat at the table is wholly unfair, unreasonable, and political.

I know that the WHO is just taking the UN policy stance, but taking that stance itself IS political. Everyone knows in their head that Taiwan is in every way an independent state with their own passport, political system, social system, etc. but they are denied recognition purely because China refutes that at the UN table and has threatened and bullied countries who choose to recognise Taiwan as a sovereign state. In theory, the WHO should be bigger than that. That's why people are critical of the WHO. "WHO is following the same stance as other countries" is a poor excuse and dog whistling for the One China policy.

Either stance it's political, since there is only 2 sides, but i would say that standing by status quo is the less political one.

Medicine should be about research and saving lives, taking any possible lead or strategies that might help. Not "because it hurts the feelings of the Chinese people" so we can't allow your scientists and doctors at our press conferences or meetings.

Except they where allowed? Again the same link explain Taiwan participate, you have no proof that they don't other than, i don't trust them.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017

I don't think Trump should ever be a participant in these discussions. There are plenty of opportunities for reform, but not with Trump at the helm of discussions. And it has nothing to do with having a hate boner, he simply has proven multiple times that he will disregard science and facts for his own agendas. Fuck this man.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017

He is 100% wrong in this instance though. He's just trying to shift the blame for him fucking this up so bad.

Lishi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't Taiwan stop all travel from mainland china in february, long before Italy. I think Singapore did the same.
edit. Yep, Singapore closed travel from China in January.

Don't exactly remember the timeline but i live in Singapore.
Ban started for people who stayed in Wuhan only. Increased up from there but i think full ban was not until middle February.
And the ban where never complete, resident where always allowed in.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Americans complaining about WHO, UN or world bank is the funniest shit you see in international politics

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I for one believes WHO dropped the ball but so has trump.

Government around the world should have took action in January at the very least and ban travel

BUT MUH ECONOMY

We shouldn't have relied on WHO as just like our government they easily get blinded by money

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017

Trump will never just say the Earth is round.

He would say that he was the first person to realize the Earth is round and that NASA, the Democrats and the Chinese are responsible for so many people thinking the Earth is flat and only he is the true hero doing the right thing.

It's really hard to not notice his bullshit, but sure tell him he's right.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
Well as most people will agree, Trump made this mess bigger than it should be. Either way, the forum wouldn't have to be US led, it just has to made up of member states who are willing to share information unconditionally without lying or cutting out certain figures. A good candidate could even be the EU since they already have a set organization. They just need to expand on their health division.

The US loves to demand this but it usually means everyone share data with them and they decide what to share of their own. Especially in times of Trump.

And it's not like the EU is without fault in that regard either.

For an Institution like the WHO (or the UN) to work, member states need to participate even when it's disavantageous for them. And in the past 2 decades all countries on the security council have shown that they are utterly uwilling to do that.

And if Trumps behaviour with other UN institutions in the past 4 years is any indication there is 0 willingness from the current US administration to be the giver in just about anything. I'd trust them as far as i trust China for spearheading such a thing. Or even be a good faith participant.

Kaseoki

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Except they where allowed? Again the same link explain Taiwan participate, you have no proof that they don't other than, i don't trust them.

• Two Taiwanese public health experts participated in the Global Research and Innovation Forum organized by WHO on 11-12 February 2020, thus contributing, alongside other world scientists, including from mainland China, to critical research questions and to finding ways to work together to advance the response.

"Under the designation of "Taipei", a Taiwanese health expert participated in the closed-door technical meeting by video-conference. A Chinese spokesman said Beijing granted permission for Taiwanese experts to attend, but only in a personal capacity."

Being allowed to joined a WHO meeting but only via video and not to represent the people of Taiwan. No I don't think that really counts.

Jan 10, 2018
Trump on February 24th about the virus and WHO:

President Donald Trump said on Tuesday that the coronavirus was under control in the United States, and added that he thought the stock market, which tumbled on Monday on worries over the fast-spreading disease, was "starting to look very good to me!"

"The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA," Trump, who is visiting India, said on Twitter.

We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!," he said.

WHO, almost 3 weeks earlier

Preparedness is key to limit #nCoV spread as @DrTedros highlighted today at the @WHO #EB146 "Of course, the risk of it becoming more widespread globally remains high. Now is the moment for all countries to be preparing themselves."

But for some reason we are all acting as if we suffer from Alzheimer since Trump took over

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
The virus was found on December 31. The WHO put their first report out on it THE VERY SAME DAY.

And yes, the WHO is currently China-centric. THAT'S WHERE THE VIRUS STARTED.

Interframe

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I don't think he's wrong about them but it doesn't absolve him of any blame for the situation either.

I agree. Trump absolutely fucked up the US's response to this on multiple levels, which made a bad situation an even more deadly and catastrophic one.

But on the other hand, WHO's handling of this looks just as bad on a global level. Their first mistake was taking the Chinese government's word as the universal truth instead of sending in their own investigators like Taiwan did, who uncovered the severity of COVID and reacted immediately (mostly due to Tawian's past with working with the Chinese government - they know they cover up a lot of shit, so they had to see this virus in action for themselves).

I don't think its inappropriate for Trump to punish China or the WHO for handling the situation the way they did (as people have referenced in this thread with sources, its estimated that 95% of the worldwide cases could've stopped in China had the government not attempted to cover it up and instead restrict travel outside of Wuhan immediately in late 2019). However, it does not make sense to do it now while we are still in the middle of this pandemic. Once everything settles and things get back to normal, then we can talk about the extent to which China's government attempted to cover up COVID-19 and discuss how much of this should be considered a crime against (quite literally - all of) humanity.

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017
It's funny how WHO is seen by many as the personal doctor of innocent countries. It's all bullshit. The reality is that our global capitalist system is built to value economy over human lives. Even with China being China, countries had all the data they needed to do something way, way quicker than most of them did.

And not to mention the weird delusion that UN organizations are somehow more powerful than the countries they are the extension of.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Trump is doing this now because the US's numbers are spiking at their worst,
he is doing this distract and relegate the blame on someone else

the US isn't supposed to be some small banana republic that doesn't know what it's doing, the US is supposed to be #1 super power.

The US has lost control and doesn't know how handle this pandemic and Trump is deflecting blame onto others

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
I agree. Trump absolutely fucked up the US's response to this on multiple levels, which made a bad situation an even more deadly and catastrophic one.

But on the other hand, WHO's handling of this looks just as bad on a global level. Their first mistake was taking the Chinese government's word as the universal truth instead of sending in their own investigators like Taiwan did, who uncovered the severity of COVID and reacted immediately (mostly due to Tawian's past with working with the Chinese government - they know they cover up a lot of shit, so they had to see this virus in action for themselves).

I don't think its inappropriate for Trump to punish China or the WHO for handling the situation the way they did (as people have referenced in this thread with sources, its estimated that 95% of the worldwide cases could've stopped in China had the government not attempted to cover it up and instead restrict travel outside of Wuhan immediately in late 2019). However, it does not make sense to do it now while we are still in the middle of this pandemic. Once everything settles and things get back to normal, then we can talk about the extent to which China's government attempted to cover up COVID-19 and discuss how much of this should be considered a crime against (quite literally - all of) humanity.

Stopping funding of the WHO just after a pandemic has shown that a global health organisation is a good thing to have would be a wierd move.

The UN and all it's bodies are only as powerful as they are allowed to be.

Also, the virus getting out is the virus getting out. We might have gotten it a month later if China had contained it better but it would still have spread. And the western governments would have done very little differently than they did.

The idea that there's one bogey man one can point to and "punish" for this pandemic is misguided. And it's not going to make detecting or combatting future pandemics easier as supressing it's existence is incentivised that way.

Last edited:

AbsoluteZero0K

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 6, 2019
I hope you all had those tough conversations with your white relatives during the holidays.

Otherwise, you'll have to mentally prepare for four more years of this.

I'm still going to work and there are people saying that they don't know who to believe because the news changes their stories about whether to wear masks or not everyday. Parroting Trump talking points. Any new science emerging is received with incredulity. I imagine I'll go in today and they will say that the World health organization lied alongside with China.

If you're not ready you better get there.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Americans complaining about WHO, UN or world bank is the funniest shit you see in international politics
This kind of reads like criticism of the UN in 2002-2003, honestly. These are structurally flawed institutions (because of their size, their mandate's breadth) but if any concern trolling asshole uses them to deflect from his own shortcomings, people are going to run with it, because "he's not wrong".

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
This kind of reads like criticism of the UN in 2002-2003, honestly. These are structurally flawed institutions (because of their size, their mandate's breadth) but if any concern trolling asshole uses them to deflect from his own shortcomings, people are going to run with it, because "he's not wrong".

"The sky is blue, this is something I've known long before anyone else does. And we all know it's because of America that the sky remains blue and free from the Mexicans and Muslims."

"Well he's not wrong, the sky is blue."

Dec 4, 2017
Ah, more Trumpian gaslighting.
Yes, the WHO is a snakepit infested with Xinnie the Pooh's cheer squad. But it didn't just suddenly turn out like that one morning. It became thus because of Trump's idiocy.
Organisations like the UN and WHO are a high-rollers' club. They're pay2play. If you're not whaling, they're not going to listen to you. And you might not like the guy who's paying to have them listen. For the better part of three years, Trump has both refused cooperation and has slowly turned down the money faucet. And now he acts like the WHO should prostrate themselves in front of him and self-flagellate for toeing the CCP's line.
They do so because that's where the fattest check comes from. If Trump wants the WHO to polish his shoes with their tongues (rather than Xi's), he should cut them a check bigger than China's. But of course we know that's not going to happen. That individual is entirely bereft of any analytical cognition. Any notion beyond short-term personal lucre is as alien to him as Europan lifeforms are to Earth.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ah, more Trumpian gaslighting.
Yes, the WHO is a snakepit infested with Xinnie the Pooh's cheer squad. But it didn't just suddenly turn out like that one morning. It became thus because of Trump's idiocy.
Organisations like the UN and WHO are a high-rollers' club. They're pay2play. If you're not whaling, they're not going to listen to you. And you might not like the guy who's paying to have them listen. For the better part of three years, Trump has both refused cooperation and has slowly turned down the money faucet. And now he acts like the WHO should prostrate themselves in front of him and self-flagellate for toeing the CCP's line.
They do so because that's where the fattest check comes from. If Trump wants the WHO to polish his shoes with their tongues (rather than Xi's), he should cut them a check bigger than China's. But of course we know that's not going to happen. That individual is entirely bereft of any analytical cognition. Any notion beyond short-term personal lucre is as alien to him as Europan lifeforms are to Earth.
The US is still by far the biggest funder of the WHO.

And by the way, that "snakepit infested with Xinnie the Pooh's cheer squad" also said Trump showed great leadership in fighting the virus. They did it for the same reason they made Robert Mugabe a goodwill ambassador (which is an empty, meaningless title by the way). And no, it's not because Zimbabwe is a major funding source to the WHO, it's because the WHO needs to work with healthcare professionals, and they desperately want politicians to get the fuck out of the way, and this means playing nice with whatever politicians who are currently in power.

The shittiest politicians in America is trying to undermine the WHO, which is a critical, life saving organization, especially for poorer country, they are doing it for shitty reasons and you are getting gaslighted by their bullshit and you don't really realize it. Seriously, the WHO, a "high-rollers' club", listen to yourself.
Damn those fats who fly to Sierra Leone to try and fight Ebola in tents.