• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

wwhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

The New York Times said:
President Trump lashed out on Tuesday at the World Health Organization, creating a new enemy to attack and threatening to withhold funding from the world's premier health institution even as a deadly virus ravages nations around the globe.

"We're going to put a hold on money spent to the W.H.O.; we're going to put a very powerful hold on it and we're going to see," Mr. Trump said, accusing the organization of having not been aggressive enough in confronting the dangers from the virus. "They called it wrong. They call it wrong. They really they missed the call."

In effect, Mr. Trump was attempting to blame the W.H.O. for the very missteps and failures that have been leveled at him and his administration. Public health experts have said Mr. Trump's public denials of concern about the virus slowed the American response, which included slow testing and a failure to stockpile protective gear.

In fact, the W.H.O. was sounding the alarm in the earliest days of the crisis, declaring a "public health emergency of international concern" a day before the United States secretary of health and human services announced its own public health emergency and weeks before Mr. Trump declared a national emergency because of the virus.
Mr. Trump appeared to be particularly angry at the W.H.O. for issuing a statement saying it did not support his decision on Jan. 31 to restrict some travel from China because of the virus. At the time, the group issued a statement saying that "restricting the movement of people and goods during public health emergencies is ineffective in most situations and may divert resources from other interventions."

"Don't close your borders to China, don't do this," Mr. Trump said, paraphrasing the group and accusing the organization of "not seeing" the outbreak when it started in Wuhan, China. "They didn't see it, how do you not see it? They didn't see it. They didn't report it. If they did see it, they must have seen it, but they didn't report."
In fact, the W.H.O. repeatedly issued statements about the emergence of the virus in China and its movement around the world.
The budget for the W.H.O. is about $5 billion, which comes from member countries around the world. In 2017, the last year for which figures were available, the United States was required to spend $111 million based on the organization's rules, but sent an additional $401 million in voluntary contributions.

It was unclear whether Mr. Trump planned to eliminate all of the money that the United States sends to the organization, but he said that "we're going to look at it." He added that his government will investigate the W.H.O. and said that "we will look at ending funding."

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
WHO did have some dumbass praise of China and XII. They also dragged their feet calling this a pandemic. But so did Trump.

JLP101

Oct 25, 2017
Even if china notified countries when they first knew, no country would have taken severe action. Many countries waited at least 2-3 months after seeing what happened in China before they began to act. Heck, people aren't even taken it seriously now!

I do believe China should face repercussions for hiding the truth but lets not pretend we could have avoided catastrophe otherwise.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
It's like whatever he's supposed to do, he does the complete opposite and makes it the worst possible scenario.

Oct 28, 2017
I thought he was going to take a look at withholding funding right after he said that he was going to withhold funding.

tenor.gif

Aug 1, 2018
It's just boggles my mind to think about the amount of shear ignorance, stupidity, callousness and just plain bullshit this country will tolerate so long as it comes from a white dude.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Just play one of the many clips of him downplaying the virus and then have this new quote about the WHO right after it. The political attack ad writes itself.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
...He could have gone for the low hanging fruit of their treatment of Taiwan in this, but noooooooo

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Congratulations, you won the daily news cycle. Everyone's talking about you again, and discussing this rather than your own obscene failure of imagination and preparation. Now what about tomorrow? You sick fuck.

God I hate him. I hate him so much.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Par for the course. Trump is a child that rips international treaties like it's nothing.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
i am so incredibly livid that this idiot can continue to shit all over himself and still be supported and allowed to continue in this role. what the fuck

BlackLagoon

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, there are issues with the WHO and China, like the whole can't talk about Taiwan thing when ideally their approach to dealing with Covid19 should be carefully studied. But now is probably not the time, and that is probably not the method. If anything this is just going to give China even more power over the WHO.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I just can't anymore with this fucking moronic piece of shit.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
If I have to vote for the blue rapist in order to get rid of this piece of shit I fucking will. So sick of this cunt.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, the WHO definitely has a little blame and should've done things a little better, but no where the catastrophic damage that Trump and his administration has caused during this pandemic and continue doing so.

But that's very on brand for Trump to side step any of his blame and point fingers.

CrunchyB

Oct 29, 2017
While the WHO definitely fucked up (by taking China's word at face value), withholding funding in a time of crisis won't make things better.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If we have history books, Trump will undoubtedly be defined as an enemy of humanity.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Didn't the US know shit was going down in very early January, even late December. Surely that includes the WHO, CDC etc. and Trump and others ignored it until it was too late and some continue to be idiots.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Even if china notified countries when they first knew, no country would have taken severe action. Many countries waited at least 2-3 months after seeing what happened in China before they began to act. Heck, people aren't even taken it seriously now!

I do believe China should face repercussions for hiding the truth but lets not pretend we could have avoided catastrophe otherwise.

www.axios.com

Timeline: The early days of China's coronavirus outbreak and cover-up

Serious measures were delayed for about 3 weeks.

Why it matters: A study published in March indicated that if Chinese authorities had acted three weeks earlier than they did, the number of coronavirus cases could have been reduced by 95% and its geographic spread limited.

Actually according to this study, we could have avoided catastrophe if China didn't orchestrate a massive coverup.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
He trying to pass the blame here people. So he can look less like the culprit for Americas current state. Fuck this guy...

Oct 25, 2017
Trump is terrible.

there has been suspicion of China's relationship with WHO since they said coronavirus was definitely non transmissible person to person

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Yeah, in retrospect there will be plenty of missed calls around the board in regards to this event

But the one person who is straight up #1 on the list of biggest fuck ups is Donald J Goblin-Headass

So I don't know who he tryna fool here

OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't the US know shit was going down in very early January, even late December. Surely that includes the WHO, CDC etc. and Trump and others ignored it until it was too late and some continue to be idiots.

Jelly, there is no way that U.S. intelligence reports from January and February warned about a likely pandemic. Absolutely zero truth in that. Actually, it is a conspiracy theory. Trump is definitely not an incompetent president.

No way. Not at all. Nope.