• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
tenor.gif

Best drive-by post in this thread.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I'm split between "You brought this on yourself marrying this buffoon for money/fame" and "I still pity her because nobody deserves to be in [what looks like] an abusive, damaging, hurtful relationship." Sure, this relationship is the consequence of her choices, but I still pity her as a mother.

Marry for money and you'll earn every penny.

Great saying, agreed

Oct 27, 2017
She's got all the money she would probably ever need or want, and I hope she's miserable thanks to him for many years to come.

Hassel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What is with people here and defending Melania? She is at best ignorant, naive, and complicit, and at worst she is as hateful as Trump. She deserves absolutely no sympathy whatsoever.

Now is the time for you to learn the difference between sympathy and empathy. The poster you quoted was not defending her at all.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
it's actually rather sad, because it's clear that he has no regard for her

also yeah i agree it's hard to feel bad for her, really the only thing i feel bad for her for is she has stayed with him this long, she shoulda bailed on his ass years ago.

Last edited:

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Their relationship is funny/sad, but I think you could read the first video as Trump saying she really wanted to be here so THAT'S why she came. Maybe it's not typical for a FLOTUS to come to stuff like this.

Rmagnus

Oct 28, 2017
That first video is not even a blip on the radar. Could you imagine the outrage and media hype surrounding Obama if he did that?

The U.S. has turned batshit insane since Trump took over.

Lol I would say US went insane after Obama took over. They couldn't take it and went for the worst possible thing... The orange turd

Crimson-Death

Oct 27, 2017
Purgatory
The racist half of the US went insane after Obama. So to balance the classy, intelligent, articulate black man, they had to balance out the karma of the US and pick the most trumpery, imbecilic, incoherent, white piece of trash that wanted to be president.
Oh well.
And Melania totally had a mental breakdown of some sort. There was only so much mental anguish of cognitive dissonance her spirit could take. She was not insane like the other acolytes, she only wanted riches and fame and a green card and a nice comfy life living the American dream.
Now she is probably insane somewhere.

Ghgghggh

Banned
May 2, 2018
That video doesn't look like he forgot she is there. He was just saying she really wanted to be here. Interesting linguistic tongue twister though, I can see the double context that can come out. Language is funny that way.

I don't think it is fair to show her sympathy. She is totally rotten to the core. There has been no clue indicating otherwise.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I do kinda feel bad for her...yea she's lived a pampered life, and signed up for at least marrying this glob of chicken fat, but I wonder (and I don't know) if she's starting to kinda see what is happening, and how its not OK to be terrible...she is a mother to Baron, and has to be trying hard to somehow make him feel OK in all this.

She didn't want to be FLOTUS, and I don't think he really wanted to be POTUS, but here they are, all their dirtiest laundry getting hung out in the white house front lawn. Regret and realization COULD be happening.

(might not be though.)

Oct 25, 2017
Trump treats his wives like cheap property. Trump's bullshit is very well documented. Melania knew exactly what she was getting into so no I do not feel sorry for her.

Nay

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Now is the time for you to learn the difference between sympathy and empathy. The poster you quoted was not defending her at all.

Im well aware of the difference, thank you for the wonderfully aggressive post. My post, if you read it, was in response to the OP and also in response to the general defence of Melania that I see in every thread about her. Perhaps now is the time for you to learn the difference between talking to someone and general statements not levied at anyone in particular.

Oct 28, 2017
I find it all to be very sad. Donald for being an abysmal human being of great means and Melanie for enabling and being complicit with Donald.

Deleted member 19003

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Conspiracy side of me hopes she's orchestrating a devastating divorce because she's repulsed by his behavior. Rational side says Melania just really didn't want to be a 1st lady and perform any extra duties or appearances that comes with it. She prefers privacy, being with her son, and doing her own thing (a comfortable trophy wife).

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am pretty sure in the first video he is attempting to say that she is present because she was so moved by the devastation that she had to be there in person. I may be wrong - but there doesn't seem to be any startled reaction from those present.
That's what I was thinking. Trump is just an awful speaker.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
The hand holding video comes off more like Trump having a crippling fear of going down stairs without someone holding his hand.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Melania was all in on the birther thing, so fuck her.

At the same time, Trump has a log history of being very abusive to his wives. I suspect she's suffered through some herself.

Oct 25, 2017
Ok?

I don't think it's worth expending too much energy on hating Melania. Her husband on the other hand...I've been banned before for saying what I wish would happen to him.
And she's not worth really feeling sorry for either. She's just there. I'm not going to force myself the feel sympathy for her simply because she's a woman.
She's the First Lady. She's set for life.

I'm also 100% sure that she gets reminded at least once a day that she can't divorce the president.
Is this an actual law?

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all folks stanning for Melania are fucking weird, like Donald Trump's has been an awful racist with a few rape allegations under his belt for multiple decades when she married him, and besides that she was part of the birther shit.
People on this forum love giving the likes of Melania and Ivanka a redemption arc that doesn't actually exist.

FeliciaFelix

Oct 27, 2017
It's not like she had noble ambitions to begin with. All she wanted to be was a Trophy Wife and marry any old dude with money. A good old man with money would spot her a mile away and keep the fuck away, so she settles with slimy guy who totally loves trophy wives.

Which is just a fancy way of saying that they deserve each other.