• If you have been following the news, you should be aware that the people of Lebanon have been under a violent bombardment that has recently escalated. Please consider donating to help them if you can or trying to spread word of the fundraiser.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny watching some anime only reactions to yesterday's episode, some of them didn't know Rachel intended to kill Bam with that push they simply think she pushed him so he would only fail and that my dude is alright lmao

Can't wait for next week the reactions will be interesting to say the least
I hope they make a second season and it's double the length so it can end at like the workshop battle.

RedEther

Jan 7, 2018
I fully expect a potential second season to be broken into parts because it's actually quite massive compared to S1 in overall chapters.

Hell train by itself is basically a saga lol

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
It's funny watching some anime only reactions to yesterday's episode, some of them didn't know Rachel intended to kill Bam with that push they simply think she pushed him so he would only fail and that my dude is alright lmao

Can't wait for next week the reactions will be interesting to say the least
So I was confused by this post cause I don't remember Rachel saying she wanted to kill Bam when she pushed him(I remember her just saying to stay behind or go away or something like that) but then I found out the english translation of that moment is wrong and in Korean she does say she wants him to die.

Welp.

OP
OP
DNAbro

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
So I was confused by this post cause I don't remember Rachel saying she wanted to kill Bam when she pushed him(I remember he just saying to stay behind or go away or something like that) but then I found out the english translation of that moment is wrong and in Korean she does say she wants him to die.

Welp.

the first thing she asks Bam when they meet up again is "why didn't you die" as well.

OP
OP
DNAbro

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
to be honest I barely remember anything from where the anime ends up until the Hell Train, It's been so long since I read that stuff.

Don't blame you. I did re-read like a month ago for a lot S2 and that's the only reason I remember that lol. Also yeah it was just as good, and maybe even better the second time.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
to be honest I barely remember anything from where the anime ends up until the Hell Train, It's been so long since I read that stuff.
Well there's not a single character left from Bam's second group still with him, so that probably dosen't help. Granted Name Hunt Station was dope. I still remember that fondly.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, Webtoons translations are ass. The scanlation group before them did a way better job. They can barely be asked to fix misspellings.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Webtoons translations are ass. The scanlation group before them did a way better job. They can barely be asked to fix misspellings.
Oh is that why some people call things different names? I was wondering why some people said like Zahard instead of Jahad when I never saw it once like that reading the webtoon.

Deleted member 58141

user requested account closure
Banned
Jun 23, 2019
So I was confused by this post cause I don't remember Rachel saying she wanted to kill Bam when she pushed him(I remember her just saying to stay behind or go away or something like that) but then I found out the english translation of that moment is wrong and in Korean she does say she wants him to die.

Welp.
the first thing she asks Bam when they meet up again is "why didn't you die" as well.

I'm pretty sure she was using "die" figuratively. She was playing into FUG's plans so she knew he won't really die. She wanted him to "die" as in disappear forever so all his friends think he died and help her climb the tower.

-

As for the anime adaption, I talked about it in the other thread, but it should really go like this:

Season 2: Return of The Prince & Workshop Battle - 26 Episodes.
Season 3: Hell Train up to the conclusion of the Dallar Game - 26 Episodes.
Season 4: Floor of Death, Hidden Floor, and Last Station - 26 Episodes.

Anything other than that won't work. 13 episodes seasons won't give them good stopping points so they'll have to rush and cut things again and that would be awful.

OP
OP
DNAbro

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure she was using "die" figuratively. She was playing into FUG's plans so she knew he won't really die. She wanted him to "die" as in disappear forever so all his friends think he died and help her climb the tower.

-

As for the anime adaption, I talked about it in the other thread, but it should really go like this:

Season 2: Return of The Prince & Workshop Battle - 26 Episodes.
Season 3: Hell Train up to the conclusion of the Dallar Game - 26 Episodes.
Season 4: Floor of Death, Hidden Floor, and Last Station - 26 Episodes.

Anything other than that won't work. 13 episodes seasons won't give them good stopping points so they'll have to rush and cut things again and that would be awful.

Did FUG tell her the plan was to get Bam? I don't remember that being said.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I saw the thread about the anime and decided I'd rather read the webtoon. Still REALLY early on, but I'm hooked.

Just found out that Anaak Jahad is actually Anaak's daughter. I don't know what that means, but I suspect it's a big deal.

Without spoiling anything, can someone explain to me what the tower ACTUALLY is? Or does that come in later on?

And can I assume, like most things, that this has no end in site?

OP
OP
DNAbro

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I saw the thread about the anime and decided I'd rather read the webtoon. Still REALLY early on, but I'm hooked.

Just found out that Anaak Jahad is actually Anaak's daughter. I don't know what that means, but I suspect it's a big deal.

Without spoiling anything, can someone explain to me what the tower ACTUALLY is? Or does that come in later on?

And can I assume, like most things, that this has no end in site?

There is no ending in site. Reasonalbly this series could go for like 10 more years and I wouldn't be shocked.

As for what the Tower is, it just kind of is? I'm not sure if they have explained the structure of the Tower at that point but it might as well me multiple continents stacked on top of each other. If the Tower has some grand purpose or design that is unknown.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
There is no ending in site. Reasonalbly this series could go for like 10 more years and I wouldn't be shocked.

As for what the Tower is, it just kind of is? I'm not sure if they have explained the structure of the Tower at that point but it might as well me multiple continents stacked on top of each other. If the Tower has some grand purpose or design that is unknown.

Gotcha.

Do they better explain the rules at some point? Like how or why you get to challenge the tower? And are the floor admins folks who have made it to the top?

OP
OP
DNAbro

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Gotcha.

Do they better explain the rules at some point? Like how or why you get to challenge the tower? And are the floor admins folks who have made it to the top?

Kind of. It's more like you pick up the rules as you go along.

I assume you talking about the Test Administrators right? Yes, everyone who is testing the Regulars are Rankers which means they made it to the top.

Mr. Mug

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Kind of. It's more like you pick up the rules as you go along.

I assume you talking about the Test Administrators right? Yes, everyone who is testing the Regulars are Rankers which means they made it to the top.

When people say they reached the top do they mean the 135th floor? Cause it's said that's not actually the top top floor and Jahad locked the door to the 136th floor making progress impossible. Or did they climb the tower before Jahad locked that door?

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
When people say they reached the top do they mean the 135th floor? Cause it's said that's not actually the top top floor and Jahad locked the door to the 136th floor making progress impossible. Or did they climb the tower before Jahad locked that door?
no one has reached the top as far as anyone knows. Enyru and Phantaminum disappeared and would have been the most likely ones to get further. They may be above the 135th floor since they are both likely able to beat Jahad (Phantaminum for sure) .

Gvitor

Oct 27, 2017

When people say top, they mean the current treshold, which is the 134th floor. If you get there, you're unable to climb further, so it's virtually the top. Also, by getting there, the ranker association gives you the ranker title and a number.

As far as we know, no one got to the actual top, not even Enryuu and Phantaminun, since they climbed while Zahard had already locked the door.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo

Welp.

Wait the English translation was wrong?! Damn first time I am hearing this. However, I just assumed she wanted him dead because he would get to the top before her or something. Now I cannot remember why she did it. Time to read that all over again.

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City

Nah Rachel thought he was going to die. She wasn't aware of FUG's plans for him in that sense. Keep in mind she isn't aware of FUG so she thought this is the Tower/Admins/etc wanting Bam dead bc he's an irregular and were presenting her with an opportunity to kill him.

Oct 25, 2017
End of Hell Floor:
they-cant-keep-getting-away-with-it-jpg.1098596

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Maschenny totally seems like she wants the other army corp commanders to fail. I mean it wouldn't be Tower of God without betrayal after all.

Nah Rachel thought he was going to die. She wasn't aware of FUG's plans for him in that sense. Keep in mind she isn't aware of FUG so she thought this is the Tower/Admins/etc wanting Bam dead bc he's an irregular and were presenting her with an opportunity to kill him.
Yep she was willing to off him basically right away just so she could climb the tower.

Sunfyre

Jan 15, 2020
Rachel complaining that Endorsi left her behind when the Army had taken them as prisoners had me rolling on the floor. This gal! She is the King Joffrey Baratheon of comics. You love to hate her.

Oct 25, 2017
Since I caught up last week, I decided to do a quick write up of my thoughts on the arcs after Season 1. I'll spoiler tag them just in case and also for less clutter.
The Price of Jahad Arc
It was a slow start, and didn't really Wangnan at first, but I quickly warmed up to him. Most of what becomes the team I never grew on, with the exceptions of Wangnan, Horyang, and Yeon. Most of the FUG was pretty good in the background, and the introduction to Ha Jingsung was really good. The meeting with Urek Mazino was by far one of the standout parts (babies!). Overall it is a good reintroduction to the world from a different set of eyes and lays the groundwork for what will drive the season.
Extra Floor:
Not really an arc but I just wanted to say how much I love Quant and Lero-Ro. They're both great. Also always nice to see one of the thousand Khun family offspring
Workshop Battle Arc:
At first I didn't really understand what the point of Emily was, but as it got become more clear I actually really hate it, and can't have my mind changed. The Living Ignition weapon lore is actually fascinating, Ran Khun is just Killua and it's GREAT, and most of the characters such as Beta are enjoyable. It was nice to see the original team return too and how they've grown as a team. Endrossi never really caught my attention in the anime, but I'm going to assume it's due to them cutting a lot. Her fawning over Bam took me a bit back. The actual battle itself and the behind the scenes stuff was pretty fun, however it began the trend of 4D Chess mind games that ruined later stuff for me. (Especially Rachel getting her hands on Emily and gaining allies as she does). I'm sure there's more thoughts but I've read way too much to write a lot of detail out of the arcs lol
Hell Train/White Arc:
I can never get a good read on Hwaryun, her motivations escape me. Bam chasing after Rachel still? Boy please stop. The mini-game itself was boring, and this is probably where I got tired of all the games each arc. I don't really care much for the new side-characters, especially Yura, but the mystery around the hidden floor on the train was interesting as well as White. The conflict of FUG getting a new Slayer candidate after Bam basically told them to fuck off is good enough, but like it isn't the best plan either. I wasn't fond of having yet another game be the deciding factor for events, Bam's training and introspection was MUCH needed growth. White as a character is just deliciously evil. Oh I also forgot that Karaka was just hanging on the train somewhere too. Bam "absorbing/devouring" things is interesting too. Oh, I forgot to mention that Yuri and Evan are great, perhaps the greatest, and that I enjoyed a lot of Wangnans development here too. Also fuck Rachel. The part where Bam is excited talking to Yuri about meeting Urek is adorable "he kept talking about BABIES"
Name Hunt Station:
The journey to the Floor of Death is probably one of my favorite parts of the arc in general. The Name Hunt station is a really interesting concept, but my favorite part is that it sets up another bullshit game only to just skip it and resolve things fairly quickly.
Kaiser is a really cool character, her abilities are cool, her mask is cool, she's just cool. Putting the two teams at conflict was pretty neat, and a nice change of pace. Endrossi losing her initial fight sets up some pretty high expectations for the final fight, the Princesses conflict and the behind the scenes stuff that isn't just FUG was great. This arc is when the theme of "trickle down misery" from the 10 families begins to get a bit tiring, but it's also a central theme so I give it a pass. Jinsung continues to be the best not-dad, and overall it's nice to see Bam just get to be himself. Oh and Yuri vs Karaka and the race to get back on the train was 10/10
Floor of Death:
this one is a weird for me. The concept of the floor is FASCINATING, the lore around it is incredible, but at the same time following the Name Hunt Station with another place that has this fucked hierarchy was disappointing. The arc itself felt a bit unfocused between the several groups split up, and also never felt nearly as dangerous as it was hyped up to be. The latter issue is mostly due to how "special" Bam is, but it was nice to a lot more than I expected to about where he possibly came from. What I didn't expect was for Rachel to have been withholding information all this time. Hell Joe is lame, the FUG stuff in the background is lame, Urek and Yuri more or less save this arc for me. The ignition weapon bits were neat and it was nice to see some character flaws for both Yuri and Urek. Seeing White and Karaka get fucked the entire time was great. Hockney is a nice addition to the side cast, and his eyes definitely come in handy. Urek and Bam teaming up is definitely a highlight, and creating an environment where such a thing is feasible was pretty smart. Gustang showing up at the end caught me by surprise, but fuck him for saving Rachel, and fuck him for giving her that weird shark thing. There is a lot happening in the background that I can't aIt to see followed up on. However it's time to go to the Hidden Floor!
Hidden Floor Arc:
Yo, this shit sucks, I'm gonna be honest. Rak being in the virtual world was really dumb, even if the reunion was good. I honestly just hate so much of this. The mirror within the mirror within the mirror world stuff confused the shit out of me, the "games" sucked, the data people in general I didn't care for, the shock value of seeing Hansung again is completely diminished by their appearance later, and there's so much I don't like such as Rachel getting separated into the most advantageous position.

Now, the concept of being able to meet past versions of characters in the present in really good, but the execution is just weird. Data Khun family and Data Jahad are obviously the highlights, but that's most of my positives, the concept and those characters. The fights were great, the sworn enemy stuff was lame, Rak coming from a secret Ancient bloodline is LAME, fridging Khun is a CRIME, and Rachel keeps getting away with it holy shit.

I do appreciate that they leave nothing to the imagination about Wangnan being a direct blood descent of King Jahad though. As for Jahad himself it is a disappointment we didn't get to see the old old Jahad, but Data still has his nice moments. The Jahad noticing Bam came completely out of nowhere for me, and basically changes the entire series going forward. The looming threat of Jahad does a fantastic job of showcasing just how much power he has.

I dunno, this arc still sucks though
The Last Station Arc:
Okay everything about this is superb. I cannot begin to express just how much I love everything that happens the second the Hidden Floor is destroyed. The mobilizing of Jahad's forces, the rush to escape the train, the politics (god I love the politics in this series), everything just comes together beautifully. There's so many great character moments between Bam, Karaka, White, Yuri, Kallavan, and Evankhell (step on me please queen). Rak shifting from Chibi to intimidating is always 11/10, all of the fighting and conflict in this arc is honestly just so fantastic. It reminds me a lot of Marineford from One Piece. There's also a panel somewhere either in this or the last arc where the demon(?) inside Bam is complaining about him shoving a bunch of shit in there which cracked me up. I have nothing but gushing praise for this arc. An overall complaint of Hell Train though is Endrossi not having much to do, and any attempt at power scaling gets YEETED by the time this arc ends.

Baylord Yama Arc/Saga:
First, I think Yama is an fantastic character, his design is awesome, he's cool as shit, and he's a sweetie, which makes it even more confusing how much his brothers and the rest of the dog people bored the shit out of me. Oh look FUG wants to bring back ANOTHER Slayer because reasons, how engaging. Oh look Doom has an awful design, the transformations are boring and overdesigned, and we have yet again 5D Chess games behind the scenes.

it's nice to see Bam continue to grow and progress, Evankhell sticking around is great, the sort of turn from Karaka has been something I didn't think I'd enjoy, and Khun getting to flex a bit and get a "power up" is a nice addition. The second Khel Hellam showed up though, i basically chucked out. So many stuff begins to happen that I was just ready to get it over with, I don't care about the dog people, mostly just Yama, him being jebaited by King Jahad twice is pretty lame, Doom still sucks, the second that spear showed up I knew Rak was gonna pick it up, Bam absorbed MORE shit. By the time Yama got sent to the wall, I was just happy to have the conflict change to something more clear and move on.
The Wall of Peaceful Coexistence:
This one I'll keep short, it was nice to see more of Kallavan, but the floor hopping and grander stuff is beginning to lose me. There needs to be a lot more breathing room and reintroduction of side characters between these arcs. I'm really not fond at all of the sealed warriors stuff, and the most interesting part by far is in the past Jahad manipulating both of them. The dog people stuff continues to bore me, a lot of Season 3 isn't enjoyable at all
Current Arc:
oh my god I'm finally almost done typing, it's been like an hour.

Another quick one, things feel like that are progressing way too fast, it's nice to see Bam continue to grow allies, Khun gets to flex more, Evankhell is probably my favorite character in the series now, it's nice to see Kallavan draw a line somewhere, full power White is actually a big threat and I think he's on par with Karaka now(?), the fight with Kallavan is good, and I liked that it isn't really resolved yet. Bam pulling more shit out of his ass is just accepted, though I still think the designs of the transformations and weapons is ugly. I don't care about the cat people, I just really love Yama. God please let me see team sweet and sour or even the OG team after this.
If anyone reads all of this I applaud you.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
I think this current arc is being set up to compete with the last station arc which is tough because that was my favorite arc in the whole series. It might guy have been a cooler Marine Ford at the time because the goal was to escape this time they are trying to save a friend/ally so it's even more of a Marine Ford clone.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I think this current arc is being set up to compete with the last station arc which is tough because that was my favorite arc in the whole series. It might guy have been a cooler Marine Ford at the time because the goal was to escape this time they are trying to save a friend/ally so it's even more of a Marine Ford clone.
I also has a lot of the same characters in the conflict

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Since I caught up last week, I decided to do a quick write up of my thoughts on the arcs after Season 1. I'll spoiler tag them just in case and also for less clutter.
The Price of Jahad Arc
It was a slow start, and didn't really Wangnan at first, but I quickly warmed up to him. Most of what becomes the team I never grew on, with the exceptions of Wangnan, Horyang, and Yeon. Most of the FUG was pretty good in the background, and the introduction to Ha Jingsung was really good. The meeting with Urek Mazino was by far one of the standout parts (babies!). Overall it is a good reintroduction to the world from a different set of eyes and lays the groundwork for what will drive the season.
Extra Floor:
Not really an arc but I just wanted to say how much I love Quant and Lero-Ro. They're both great. Also always nice to see one of the thousand Khun family offspring
Workshop Battle Arc:
At first I didn't really understand what the point of Emily was, but as it got become more clear I actually really hate it, and can't have my mind changed. The Living Ignition weapon lore is actually fascinating, Ran Khun is just Killua and it's GREAT, and most of the characters such as Beta are enjoyable. It was nice to see the original team return too and how they've grown as a team. Endrossi never really caught my attention in the anime, but I'm going to assume it's due to them cutting a lot. Her fawning over Bam took me a bit back. The actual battle itself and the behind the scenes stuff was pretty fun, however it began the trend of 4D Chess mind games that ruined later stuff for me. (Especially Rachel getting her hands on Emily and gaining allies as she does). I'm sure there's more thoughts but I've read way too much to write a lot of detail out of the arcs lol
Hell Train/White Arc:
I can never get a good read on Hwaryun, her motivations escape me. Bam chasing after Rachel still? Boy please stop. The mini-game itself was boring, and this is probably where I got tired of all the games each arc. I don't really care much for the new side-characters, especially Yura, but the mystery around the hidden floor on the train was interesting as well as White. The conflict of FUG getting a new Slayer candidate after Bam basically told them to fuck off is good enough, but like it isn't the best plan either. I wasn't fond of having yet another game be the deciding factor for events, Bam's training and introspection was MUCH needed growth. White as a character is just deliciously evil. Oh I also forgot that Karaka was just hanging on the train somewhere too. Bam "absorbing/devouring" things is interesting too. Oh, I forgot to mention that Yuri and Evan are great, perhaps the greatest, and that I enjoyed a lot of Wangnans development here too. Also fuck Rachel. The part where Bam is excited talking to Yuri about meeting Urek is adorable "he kept talking about BABIES"
Name Hunt Station:
The journey to the Floor of Death is probably one of my favorite parts of the arc in general. The Name Hunt station is a really interesting concept, but my favorite part is that it sets up another bullshit game only to just skip it and resolve things fairly quickly.
Kaiser is a really cool character, her abilities are cool, her mask is cool, she's just cool. Putting the two teams at conflict was pretty neat, and a nice change of pace. Endrossi losing her initial fight sets up some pretty high expectations for the final fight, the Princesses conflict and the behind the scenes stuff that isn't just FUG was great. This arc is when the theme of "trickle down misery" from the 10 families begins to get a bit tiring, but it's also a central theme so I give it a pass. Jinsung continues to be the best not-dad, and overall it's nice to see Bam just get to be himself. Oh and Yuri vs Karaka and the race to get back on the train was 10/10
Floor of Death:
this one is a weird for me. The concept of the floor is FASCINATING, the lore around it is incredible, but at the same time following the Name Hunt Station with another place that has this fucked hierarchy was disappointing. The arc itself felt a bit unfocused between the several groups split up, and also never felt nearly as dangerous as it was hyped up to be. The latter issue is mostly due to how "special" Bam is, but it was nice to a lot more than I expected to about where he possibly came from. What I didn't expect was for Rachel to have been withholding information all this time. Hell Joe is lame, the FUG stuff in the background is lame, Urek and Yuri more or less save this arc for me. The ignition weapon bits were neat and it was nice to see some character flaws for both Yuri and Urek. Seeing White and Karaka get fucked the entire time was great. Hockney is a nice addition to the side cast, and his eyes definitely come in handy. Urek and Bam teaming up is definitely a highlight, and creating an environment where such a thing is feasible was pretty smart. Gustang showing up at the end caught me by surprise, but fuck him for saving Rachel, and fuck him for giving her that weird shark thing. There is a lot happening in the background that I can't aIt to see followed up on. However it's time to go to the Hidden Floor!
Hidden Floor Arc:
Yo, this shit sucks, I'm gonna be honest. Rak being in the virtual world was really dumb, even if the reunion was good. I honestly just hate so much of this. The mirror within the mirror within the mirror world stuff confused the shit out of me, the "games" sucked, the data people in general I didn't care for, the shock value of seeing Hansung again is completely diminished by their appearance later, and there's so much I don't like such as Rachel getting separated into the most advantageous position.

Now, the concept of being able to meet past versions of characters in the present in really good, but the execution is just weird. Data Khun family and Data Jahad are obviously the highlights, but that's most of my positives, the concept and those characters. The fights were great, the sworn enemy stuff was lame, Rak coming from a secret Ancient bloodline is LAME, fridging Khun is a CRIME, and Rachel keeps getting away with it holy shit.

I do appreciate that they leave nothing to the imagination about Wangnan being a direct blood descent of King Jahad though. As for Jahad himself it is a disappointment we didn't get to see the old old Jahad, but Data still has his nice moments. The Jahad noticing Bam came completely out of nowhere for me, and basically changes the entire series going forward. The looming threat of Jahad does a fantastic job of showcasing just how much power he has.

I dunno, this arc still sucks though
The Last Station Arc:
Okay everything about this is superb. I cannot begin to express just how much I love everything that happens the second the Hidden Floor is destroyed. The mobilizing of Jahad's forces, the rush to escape the train, the politics (god I love the politics in this series), everything just comes together beautifully. There's so many great character moments between Bam, Karaka, White, Yuri, Kallavan, and Evankhell (step on me please queen). Rak shifting from Chibi to intimidating is always 11/10, all of the fighting and conflict in this arc is honestly just so fantastic. It reminds me a lot of Marineford from One Piece. There's also a panel somewhere either in this or the last arc where the demon(?) inside Bam is complaining about him shoving a bunch of shit in there which cracked me up. I have nothing but gushing praise for this arc. An overall complaint of Hell Train though is Endrossi not having much to do, and any attempt at power scaling gets YEETED by the time this arc ends.

Baylord Yama Arc/Saga:
First, I think Yama is an fantastic character, his design is awesome, he's cool as shit, and he's a sweetie, which makes it even more confusing how much his brothers and the rest of the dog people bored the shit out of me. Oh look FUG wants to bring back ANOTHER Slayer because reasons, how engaging. Oh look Doom has an awful design, the transformations are boring and overdesigned, and we have yet again 5D Chess games behind the scenes.

it's nice to see Bam continue to grow and progress, Evankhell sticking around is great, the sort of turn from Karaka has been something I didn't think I'd enjoy, and Khun getting to flex a bit and get a "power up" is a nice addition. The second Khel Hellam showed up though, i basically chucked out. So many stuff begins to happen that I was just ready to get it over with, I don't care about the dog people, mostly just Yama, him being jebaited by King Jahad twice is pretty lame, Doom still sucks, the second that spear showed up I knew Rak was gonna pick it up, Bam absorbed MORE shit. By the time Yama got sent to the wall, I was just happy to have the conflict change to something more clear and move on.
The Wall of Peaceful Coexistence:
This one I'll keep short, it was nice to see more of Kallavan, but the floor hopping and grander stuff is beginning to lose me. There needs to be a lot more breathing room and reintroduction of side characters between these arcs. I'm really not fond at all of the sealed warriors stuff, and the most interesting part by far is in the past Jahad manipulating both of them. The dog people stuff continues to bore me, a lot of Season 3 isn't enjoyable at all
Current Arc:
oh my god I'm finally almost done typing, it's been like an hour.

Another quick one, things feel like that are progressing way too fast, it's nice to see Bam continue to grow allies, Khun gets to flex more, Evankhell is probably my favorite character in the series now, it's nice to see Kallavan draw a line somewhere, full power White is actually a big threat and I think he's on par with Karaka now(?), the fight with Kallavan is good, and I liked that it isn't really resolved yet. Bam pulling more shit out of his ass is just accepted, though I still think the designs of the transformations and weapons is ugly. I don't care about the cat people, I just really love Yama. God please let me see team sweet and sour or even the OG team after this.
If anyone reads all of this I applaud you.
I'm pretty sure full power White is stronger than Karaka. I think making Rak like that was hopefully to have more going on for him later. Rak in general feels kind of underused. At least if he continues to improve his rock skill there's more of a chance he will stay relevant.

The 4D chess kind of stuff really started off in the first season though, with the the tag game being the first big example of it. But even the earlier tests had it going on to a certain extent I feel like.

David Kjellson

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I watched the anime a while ago and since I was so god damn confused about the whole setting of the actual tower and the world I decided to binge the whole thing on webtoons.com and there is one thing I'm still confused about. Please no big spoilers, as I'm currently on Season 2, Chapter 131.

In the anime we saw Serena give up on the test and return back home after Hoh committed suicide. I'm assuming that she is from some random floor in the tower, but can you go up and down in the tower as you please if you've already been on a floor previously? Same thing with Urek Mazino, since he has done the whole thing and was seen in level 21 can he jump up to like floor 98 or does he have to do a bunch of rugby games as well?

OP
OP
DNAbro

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I watched the anime a while ago and since I was so god damn confused about the whole setting of the actual tower and the world I decided to binge the whole thing on webtoons.com and there is one thing I'm still confused about. Please no big spoilers, as I'm currently on Season 2, Chapter 131.

In the anime we saw Serena give up on the test and return back home after Hoh committed suicide. I'm assuming that she is from some random floor in the tower, but can you go up and down in the tower as you please if you've already been on a floor previously? Same thing with Urek Mazino, since he has done the whole thing and was seen in level 21 can he jump up to like floor 98 or does he have to do a bunch of rugby games as well?

To explain, there are 3 sections of the Tower. The outer tower where most people live, inner where people are climbing the tower, and the middle where Rankers who have climbed the tower can go in between floors, as seen used by Yuri in S1. I don't believe there is a fast travel option, just a quicker way in the middle area.

I'm not entirely sure how the outer tower works on different floors, but no matter what outer floor you were on, you can only climb into the inner tower the normal way which is advancing floor by floor. Serena would have been back out in the Outer area.

I believe I've gotten this right.

David Kjellson

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
To explain, there are 3 sections of the Tower. The outer tower where most people live, inner where people are climbing the tower, and the middle where Rankers who have climbed the tower can go in between floors, as seen used by Yuri in S1. I don't believe there is a fast travel option, just a quicker way in the middle area.

I'm not entirely sure how the outer tower works on different floors, but no matter what outer floor you were on, you can only climb into the inner tower the normal way which is advancing floor by floor. Serena would have been back out in the Outer area.

I believe I've gotten this right.
I see. I forgot about the whole thing about the outer, middle, and inner tower. Thank you.

So pretty much the whole series takes place in the inner tower then (except for the Yuri stuff)? This series is kind of complicated sometimes, lol.

OP
OP
DNAbro

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I see. I forgot about the whole thing about the outer, middle, and inner tower. Thank you.

So pretty much the whole series takes place in the inner tower then (except for the Yuri stuff)? This series is kind of complicated sometimes, lol.

Yes. I think there are some small moments in flash backs where you see the outer tower but it looks the same so lol.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Also got to remember we have no idea whats at the top since no one has actually made it to the top. Jahad got to what 156 and stopped?