Voror

Oct 25, 2017
I could be totally wrong but remember in Season 1 and 2 that demon like creature that is inside Bam? If I am remembering correctly I do not think he fully conquered it. I am assuming that has something to do with the Outer God.

Oh the blue demon? I always figured that was something that resulted from FUGs experiments. I don't remember it coming up in season 1.

I'm not entirely sure what his relationship with it is now. Last time he spoke with it was on the hidden floor I think along with that nemesis version of Viole or whatever that was.

I'm curious if there's more in that mindscape now. I remember the demon complaining about him shoving so much stuff in there like the thorn. Maybe Black March is there now too?

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
I got to admit the blue demon complaining to Bam about everything he is putting into his mental space is hilarious.
Also yeah, looks like I was wrong I think the Demon shows up in chapter 250... Also I do not think FUG put that in him since they say the Blue Demon is his true self..

nn6key32mf611.png

Edit: Holy shit rereading Chapter 250 and now White's words make so much sense. Whenever White looks at Bam he sees a monster and its been so long since I read this chapter that now I see why.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
I keep wondering if stuff like the transformation power has its own form of some kind in that space now since that was yet another power Bam took into himself. I forgot the blue whale comparison, though I've always tended to think calling him a black hole would be more appropriate. Or the Tower's version of a Blue Mage who takes hits from enemies to learn their skills.

Have we ever gotten any kind of viewpoint from how White perceives Bam visually? I wonder if he looks quite frightening.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
[
I got to admit the blue demon complaining to Bam about everything he is putting into his mental space is hilarious.
Also yeah, looks like I was wrong I think the Demon shows up in chapter 250... Also I do not think FUG put that in him since they say the Blue Demon is his true self..

nn6key32mf611.png

Edit: Holy shit rereading Chapter 250 and now White's words make so much sense. Whenever White looks at Bam he sees a monster and its been so long since I read this chapter that now I see why.

I still think Bam's father is one of those first people and the same species of the creator of the Essenes of Bravery. Possibly his father was the creator of the essence of bravery.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
That'd be an interesting bit of info. We don't really know anything about V beyond Arlene's journal and a couple comments from others.

I wonder if its accurate to really consider Bam the son of Arlene since he seems more from what little we know of things to be something created from the preserved body of her original child.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
That'd be an interesting bit of info. We don't really know anything about V beyond Arlene's journal and a couple comments from others.

I wonder if its accurate to really consider Bam the son of Arlene since he seems more from what little we know of things to be something created from the preserved body of her original child.

Po Bidau Gustang said he was a worst human he ever met, or something to that effect..... which sounds bad until you consider maybe he wasn't human.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
We know Baam father is an irregular since he came in with Jahad and his crew. I can't wait till we learn more about their dynamic in the future.

The tower in general fascinates me. If Jahad and his crew was the first crew to scale it successfully, does that mean every human that was in the tower now and before are decendants of failed travelers? Wis the mythology around these Towers to the outside world?

I also find it interesting that even if being an irregular makes you immune to the rules of the Tower, you still need be "special" on the outside for that to even matter. That's the big difference between Baam and Rachel. Baam being the "son" two great warriors(plus whatever else we don't know about his origins) versus Rachel who is seemingly regular in every way.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Yeah, came in with the crew but wasn't actually part of the crew. He didn't have the pact of immortality like Bam's mother and the rest of Jahad's party.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Pipe dream but I highkey hope we get some SIU approved and consulted OVAs and movies that will explore some periods in the lore that the webtoon won't go into that much. I'd love to see an Urek Mazino movie set during his climb.

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
IMO it's almost a given that the blue creature inside Bam is yet another Admin fragment, much like Red Thryssa, and likely a source of Bams early mastery of Shinsu. Back in the Floor of Death, Red Thryssa looked inside him and said bam had Admin power inside and the visual aspect of the blue one are very similar to the humanoid aspects of the Red Thryssa. Even the moment of the blue one staring back at Red Thryssa gave the sense of it almost looking in to a mirror.

Plus the recent free chapter gives us Blue Thryssa transformation. I don't see any how any other being could be named that.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Phew! Holy shit just finished the Workshop Battle arc. I know this technically isn't manga, but this is the best battle shonen I've read in YEARS and I'm dead serious on that. When Rak reunited with Bam I actually teared up a bit. :(

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Finished up the story where they're trying to get on the train. Oh boy. Can Bam really get over this bitch already? I get it. She was literally his whole world aside from the dark cave he was in. And I know the story is setting it up to where Rachel has some type of reason for her actions. There's a lot of mystery surrounding her that I think will justify her actions somewhat, but she still manipulated and lied to a lot of Bam's friends. I really think there's going to be a huge struggle between Bam and Khun about this because in a weird way she's done more harm to Bam's friends than Bam himself.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Watched everything up to episode 6 of the anime. Some impressions so far:

- It's excellent! Reminds me of the transition from the Hunter x Hunter manga to the 2011 Hunter x Hunter anime. Does it adapt every little detail? No, but it goes at a breakneck speed and keeps all the important, major stuff in tact. Voice acting and music really gives this series much needed energy.
- One of the reasons why I'm enjoying my watch of this even though I just read this content a few days ago is finding out all the little details I missed. For one, to be honest the series really choreographs Rachel's betrayal in retrospect. There's so many hints about it, it isn't even funny.
- Just a theory for the time being as someone who is on the Name Ranker arc of the webtoon (well it's still a part of Hell Train but eh), but I really think a lot of the stuff Rachel was telling Bam in this episode was foreshadowing for things to come. When Rachel says that Bam should "never betray a girl" it makes me think that, Bam's ultimate revenge on Rachel will be pushing her off the top of the tower, or something like that. Maybe this already happened but I feel like once it does Bam will probably go rogue for a bit and lose himself.
- I really think there is something more to Lero Ro telling Bam not to trust Khun. It's not that I don't think they're friends, but there HAS to be a future storyline here in some way. If it's already happened plz don't spoil me but it was nice to be reminded of this when watching the anime. I'm thinking Khun is going to go back to the Khun family, somehow. And since Bam's slayer status kind of makes him the enemy of the 10 families...yeah. I can totally see this happening at some point in the story.
- Just a random thought, but there's absolutely no way SIU hasn't seen Hunter x Hunter. The voice acting just pushes the point that Bam and Khun are basically Gon and Killua. Even more-so Ran is pretty much Killua in this universe verbatim.

Also reminded me of some characters I forgot about. I want to ask these questions to people who got caught up with the webtoon...

1. Whatever happened to that girl that was hate-flirting with Shibisu during the entire Floor Test?
2. What happened to the big guy that was with Rachel and Endorsi's team? I was thinking he was going to be an important character. Maybe I spedread his absence from the series or something lol.
3. Why did Hwaryeon participate in the Floor Test btw? I know she's working with FUG, but I don't remember the circumstances as to WHY she was in the test itself.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017

- It's excellent! Reminds me of the transition from the Hunter x Hunter manga to the 2011 Hunter x Hunter anime. Does it adapt every little detail? No, but it goes at a breakneck speed and keeps all the important, major stuff in tact. Voice acting and music really gives this series much needed energy.
- One of the reasons why I'm enjoying my watch of this even though I just read this content a few days ago is finding out all the little details I missed. For one, to be honest the series really choreographs Rachel's betrayal in retrospect. There's so many hints about it, it isn't even funny.
- Just a theory for the time being as someone who is on the Name Ranker arc of the webtoon (well it's still a part of Hell Train but eh), but I really think a lot of the stuff Rachel was telling Bam in this episode was foreshadowing for things to come. When Rachel says that Bam should "never betray a girl" it makes me think that, Bam's ultimate revenge on Rachel will be pushing her off the top of the tower, or something like that. Maybe this already happened but I feel like once it does Bam will probably go rogue for a bit and lose himself.
- I really think there is something more to Lero Ro telling Bam not to trust Khun. It's not that I don't think they're friends, but there HAS to be a future storyline here in some way. If it's already happened plz don't spoil me but it was nice to be reminded of this when watching the anime. I'm thinking Khun is going to go back to the Khun family, somehow. And since Bam's slayer status kind of makes him the enemy of the 10 families...yeah. I can totally see this happening at some point in the story.
- Just a random thought, but there's absolutely no way SIU hasn't seen Hunter x Hunter. The voice acting just pushes the point that Bam and Khun are basically Gon and Killua. Even more-so Ran is pretty much Killua in this universe verbatim.

Also reminded me of some characters I forgot about. I want to ask these questions to people who got caught up with the webtoon...

1. Whatever happened to that girl that was hate-flirting with Shibisu during the entire Floor Test?
2. What happened to the big guy that was with Rachel and Endorsi's team? I was thinking he was going to be an important character. Maybe I spedread his absence from the series or something lol.
3. Why did Hwaryeon participate in the Floor Test btw? I know she's working with FUG, but I don't remember the circumstances as to WHY she was in the test itself.
The guy who helped Rachel and Endorsi is apart of FUG faction and he comes gets into a fight with Baam at Baylor's Yama's Cage. There's a hint that he might be an irregular.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
I'm guessing for next Fast Pass

Baam's arrow will be similar to Khel Hellam's and be able to teleport/send everyone in the cage and ship to a different area? They'll probably show Khel Hellam doing something similar to escape Jahad in the flashback.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City

I think Lero warned Baam about Khun because he heard about that Khun betrayed his sister. With that said I do think there will be a conflict between Khun and Baam. Khun is being real reckless using White, and his beef with Rachel is deeper than Baams right now.

think to go up to be a ranker even FUG members got to rise up the tower. However, it's heavily hinted that FUG knew Bam's was a powerful irregular from jump due to Headon telling FUG what happened on Floor 1. She was sent there to test him, and well considering her eye Baam passed.

Last edited:

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Nah Baam is more like Kakashi, except he copies Shinsu techniques instead of ninja techniques.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
You ever wonder if anybody has ever asked Rachel or Baam what outside is like?

I suck at remembering things but how many of them actually know they are irregulars? From what we know it seems that Baam (and Rachel?) was locked away somewhere so they probably don't have too much info on the outside. Rankers have probably got some info from Enryu and Urek Mazino.

Outside world must be some crazy stuff too. Why did Phantaminum go in the tower and just wreck havoc at Jahad's place then leave him alive? Why did Urek Mazino go into the tower to chase him?

You might be right at Jahad being a jilted isekai hero that's basically holding the Tower hostage due to being unbeatable by anyone who is a chosen regular. They've already had an isekai moment within the tower with the Data World, what if the actual Tower was similar? Either that or people on the outside just tell others not to go anywhere near the tower or they'll be trapped forever and most listen but a few don't.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Rachel is implied I think to have seen the outside world more with the things she tells Baam and such. Baam himself doesn't know anything due to growing up in that cave. Though one thing I'm curious about is whether Rachel left the cave much or was stuck there too. I sort of figured she did at some point as those clothes Baam had at the start definitely weren't ones he had before she showed up and I'd be surprised if she made all that.

I'm curious if they'll bring up Phantaminum in the show at all, though I suppose since he's the reason Mazino came in it makes sense to.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
I suck at remembering things but how many of them actually know they are irregulars? From what we know it seems that Baam (and Rachel?) was locked away somewhere so they probably don't have too much info on the outside. Rankers have probably got some info from Enryu and Urek Mazino.

Outside world must be some crazy stuff too. Why did Phantaminum go in the tower and just wreck havoc at Jahad's place then leave him alive? Why did Urek Mazino go into the tower to chase him?

You might be right at Jahad being a jilted isekai hero that's basically holding the Tower hostage due to being unbeatable by anyone who is a chosen regular. They've already had an isekai moment within the tower with the Data World, what if the actual Tower was similar? Either that or people on the outside just tell others not to go anywhere near the tower or they'll be trapped forever and most listen but a few don't.
Questions upon questions. We've barely reached the surface!

Why did the "outside God" assist Arlen in resurrecting Baam? Why send in Enryu as a "messenger"? If Enryu's purpose was to deliver the thorn, is he still in the Tower? When he appeared it looked like he came directly from outside to the Floor of Death. What was Urek before he came to the Tower? What were the lives of Zahard, 10 Family Leaders, Arlen Grace, V, and other companies lives before deciding to climb the Tower?

rockinreelin

Oct 27, 2017
Rachel is implied I think to have seen the outside world more with the things she tells Baam and such. Baam himself doesn't know anything due to growing up in that cave. Though one thing I'm curious about is whether Rachel left the cave much or was stuck there too. I sort of figured she did at some point as those clothes Baam had at the start definitely weren't ones he had before she showed up and I'd be surprised if she made all that.

I'm curious if they'll bring up Phantaminum in the show at all, though I suppose since he's the reason Mazino came in it makes sense to.

There's a flashback in a random chapter (forgot which one) where it's implied that Rachel comes and leaves the cave every day and just visits to keep him company. SIU really needs to start filling in Bam's background soon, he's been holding out on for far too long.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
There's a flashback in a random chapter (forgot which one) where it's implied that Rachel comes and leaves the cave every day and just visits to keep him company. SIU really needs to start filling in Bam's background soon, he's been holding out on for far too long.

Ah thank you I must've forgotten that bit.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Phew! Just finished the Floor of Death arc. Tbh I wasn't feeling the Hell Train as much as the Workshop Battle, but the way Floor of Death brings everything together for the story up to this point is a real thing a beauty. Tower of God is a shonen masterpiece (so far).

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
If the anime does nothing else, I just hope it brings more eyes to the series so we can get more awesome fan art like this.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Rereading season 3.

God, The Wall of Coexistence arc is terrible.

Legit might be the worst arc.

OP
OP
DNAbro

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Bam did the thing and it's always hilarious to see other people's reactions to him doing something a normal regular shouldn't be able to do. Wonder what Kallavan gonna do next since Bam just saved everyone. Neat to get a quick look at Jahad about to body fools.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I find the sworn enemy stuff and Rachel's big brain play a lot more compelling then "Let's watch Kallavan go on a date with Khane. oh and White is teaching Hatz swordsmanship now I guess."

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
God. Zahard is a fucking beast. White vs Kallavan is possibly the biggest display of power(aside from Urek's flashes) and yet Zahard just seems to be on a whole different stratosphere. I know the complaints about "beam fights" are somewhat valid but god does SIU know how to show that there are levels to this shit.

Baam managed to save the ship that carried the dogs from the cage. I can understand why the dogs aren't gonna die this soon since this is till the first wall and their forces would've been seriously depleted. They still have business with Yasratcha to deal with. And lol at people being again shocked that this guy is full of surprises. Makes sense tho, they don't know Baam can do since they didn't see him on the Hidden Floor. He's doing shit people way above his level can't even do. Also, let's give a round of applause at Cha for actually doing something!

And man, that flashback Kallavan and his troops. He's gonna come after Lyborick now man. This is gonna get messy. Aside, but I wonder if Phonsekal Drak was on that ship even though he was in the flashback? Last time we seen Irure was with Drak....

I think Khun and Hendo Lok families are the largest, but we've seen more members of the Lo Po Bia than either of them.

Last edited:

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
My god FINALLY finished off the Hell Train arc. Good god was that a massive arc. Felt like this series version of Dressrosa (though I do think Hell Train > Dressrosa cause it didn't drag as much). There was parts I didn't like, but there was parts I absolutely adored and was some of the best content in the entire series.

I'm not even sure if collectively calling it the "Hell Train arc" is all that fair to be honest.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Well yeah that's true, but man it was exhausting as hell, lol. However I'd say 80% of it was really fantastic stuff and Tower of God at it's best so far. SIU's art becomes absolutely incredible during this arc as well.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Season 2! Holy shit the finale was epic really reminded me of Marineford.

Just when I think I've figured out the series it throws so much shit at me to draw me back in.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
You are not gonna guess who shows up on the battlefield.

Last edited:

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Man I love how SIU is able to make genuine POS into likable characters. Karaka quickly becoming one of my favs.

I think I can forgive a lot of these characters more easily than other shonen that do something similar due to the specific situation all the Tower of God characters are in that breeds these conditions into sculpting these cold-blooded killers.

I dunno about White though even though he helped the crew at the end of Season 2 he still is a mass murderer. Even though he's got his sister inside of him now guiding him, I still think Bam needs to kick his ass into oblivion eventually.

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
It is much easier to like Karaka since, despite being one of the most deadly antagonists the crew has faced, he has still shown great deal of human emotion and caring both for his subordinates and for his master and his plots against Bam have all turned against him. White is a self-admitted murderer of untold numbers of people and has shown no care for anything beyond growing his own power AND has killed people the readers had come to root for.

White works as a nice balancer to make FUG more villainous since lately the narrative has been on Jahads side being complete pieces of shits on a massive scale, while the scary as fuck Slayers Karaka and Yama are taking a more benign role.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Karaka is easy to file away cause he's so ineffectual.

Yama is barely FUG and could easily been another Evankhell aka strong third party Ranker (SIU totally rewrote this guy's backstory)

This doesn't change the reality that most of FUG are scum bag fucks who would and have sold Baam and his friends out multiple times

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I can already tell that a big storyline of Season 3 will be the restructuring of FUG by and large. They're already bringing the elders into the fold at the beginnings of this arc. I wouldn't be surprised by the end of Season 3 FUG is dismantled and reborn with Bam, Jinsung, and others in charge of things.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
I can already tell that a big storyline of Season 3 will be the restructuring of FUG by and large. They're already bringing the elders into the fold at the beginnings of this arc. I wouldn't be surprised by the end of Season 3 FUG is dismantled and reborn with Bam, Jinsung, and others in charge of things.

That or a full fracturing of the organization along who they support. Which would only help Jahad really.

Though I'm having the insane idea of some of FUG rallying behind Rachel for some reason. I can't see any particular reason for that to happen though unless she really benefited from those wishes she was granted.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
As of right now, White is the only thing on their side with a honest chance of beating Arie Hon. Since they are directly targeting family heads, I can only assume they have found away around the immortality pact or this whole thing would be useless.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Thats a pipe dream. Aint none of them got a chance against a family head.

White at full power is MAYBE equal to Kallavan and I'm pretty aure the gap between Kallavan and the nearest family head is night and day