Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Chaos Dwarves are cool

But the real news?

FreeLC in the shape of Legendary Hero Ulrika Magdova.

I'm screaming rn

Odinsmana

Mar 13, 2019
Hype! The units look amazing! It`s going to be hard waiting a month to get my hands on them.

The price hike + only three lords is a bit dissapointing, but the faction mechanics sound really cool.

Wonder when they will announce the FLC?

Last edited:
OP
OP
karnage10

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal

View: https://youtu.be/OiHvsinEn58

April 13th

edit:

Three legendary lords:

- Astragoth
- Drazhoath
- Zhatan

plus Gorduz Backstabba as a legendary hero

Those hats, the trains and Godzila are great!
very metal faction!

Additional.gif

I hope we get a lord pack eventually because i'm already loving the design. XD

Chaos Dwarves are cool

But the real news?

FreeLC in the shape of Legendary Hero Ulrika Magdova.

I'm screaming rn
May I enquire where you saw the FLC. Is there mroe info besides she is in? because that is fucking cool!

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the only thing that's disappointing is the Lord Count, I didn't want Legendary Heroes at the expense of Lords

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm not seeing anything about Ulrika anywhere?

edit: I see an article about the DLC on a third party site. It mentions she is playable for both Kislev or Empire (but not vampire counts?)

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Those hats, the trains and Godzila are great!
very metal faction!

Additional.gif

I hope we get a lord pack eventually because i'm already loving the design. XD

May I enquire where you saw the FLC. Is there mroe info besides she is in? because that is fucking cool!
https://www.gamewatcher.com/news/total-war-warhammer-3-forge-of-the-chaos-dwarfs-campaign-pack seems everything is from here.

Kinda disappointed at a FLC Legendary Hero. Kislev would really benefit from a new start(but I guess they need to mechanics to be different if they can't rely on the three major cities)

OP
OP
karnage10

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Just saw that the release date is 13th of April. Fuck me
Honestly the only thing that's disappointing is the Lord Count, I didn't want Legendary Heroes at the expense of Lords
yeah. at first glance one has to wonder if GW blocked the 4th LL or if there was a problem with the mechanics that made the cut.

It is weird going back to less than 4 LL again.
https://www.gamewatcher.com/news/total-war-warhammer-3-forge-of-the-chaos-dwarfs-campaign-pack seems everything is from here.

Kinda disappointed at a FLC Legendary Hero. Kislev would really benefit from a new start(but I guess they need to mechanics to be different if they can't rely on the three major cities)
Thank you

Oct 30, 2017
I finally picked up the game since it was on Sale, I own TW2 and 1. I am still not very good at the games despite dumping so many hours but I enjoy playing and while the Chaos factions don't particularly interest me the Quality of Life updates and Immortal Empires does.

Installing now, I understand there is a more formal tutorial campaign. Once I have completed that do you recommend the main vortex equivalent campaign or Immortal Empires.

Also any faction recommendations for a first play through in TW3?

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017

yeah. at first glance one has to wonder if GW blocked the 4th LL or if there was a problem with the mechanics that made the cut.

Thank you

My guess is Gordruz Backstabba was suppose to be a Drycha LL but couldn't get his mechanics worked out. I think the tower mechanic wouldn't work for him so they had to make something to replace it.

No idea why they chose a FLC hero, if Kislev was too hard to make a new character they could of picked something.

I really have a hard time believing that they thought the community would want LH over LL. It seems to the biggest complaint.

I would 100% play a new Kislev LL but I really have a hard time seeing myself playing for a new LH

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
Ulrika is available to Kislev and the Empire. Her addition makes both factions considerably more appealing to me.

Odinsmana

Mar 13, 2019

Thank you

They mention in the blog post that 3 LLs and one LH is the format going forward, so it seems like it`s something they decided to do and not something they were forced into.

OP
OP
karnage10

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I finally picked up the game since it was on Sale, I own TW2 and 1. I am still not very good at the games despite dumping so many hours but I enjoy playing and while the Chaos factions don't particularly interest me the Quality of Life updates and Immortal Empires does.

Installing now, I understand there is a more formal tutorial campaign. Once I have completed that do you recommend the main vortex equivalent campaign or Immortal Empires.

Also any faction recommendations for a first play through in TW3?
In terms of campaign it is up to your preference.
The unique Wh3 campaign is focuses on the chaos realm and heavily punishes you from playing wide. Basically if you own 2-3 provinces that can give you 2 full armies is easier to manage than expand everywhere.

The immortal empires is a true sandbox so you can play however you prefer. you can define what and how hard the end game crisis is so you can costumize your end game challenge.

In terms of factions, IMO these are the easier* starts:
- High elves -> Tyrion LL. You start in the Ulthuan island. Most of the island is HE factions. Once you deal with non HE factions that island is a safe heaven. HE are also very friendly with other major factions like Empire, Bretonnia, Dwarves and to a certain extent the Lizardmen. This means that wherever you push you will find factions that will tolerate you or even help you. In terms of roster HE are an Elite Army that has a bit of everything except good artillery. Great to pratice around!

- Cathay -> Miau Ying LL. You are cold and aloof. Cathay is besieged by chaos to the north, ogre kingdoms to the west, Dark Elves to the east, Vampire counts to the south and Skaven within. Yes you are sorrounded by enemies BUT the great Bastion to the north, the mountains to the west and the ocean to the east means that as you slowly push the enemy outside Cathay's borders you get an extremely good defensive terrain. In terms of roster Cathay is a very defensive army that needs their untis grouped up to get buffs. This makes them very strong in battle as long as you can mantain formation.

-Lizardmen -> Gor Rok LL. Gor Rok starts in lizardmen territory Lustria. He also Starts with the mighty Lord Kroak. Lord Kroak can win any battle by himself. This efectively means you start with a "doomstack" that you can use to wipe enemy strongholds or strong armies. in terms of roster Lizardmen are all about a strong infantry line supported by very powerful dinos. Their weakness is their slow speed making them very vulnerable to ranged fire.

-Warriors of Chaos (DLC) -> Archeon LL. Starts alone with basically 1 LL 2 provinces away that can pose any type of threat. Slowly Vassalize the chaos tribes and then claim the old world! In terms of roster WoC are a very well armoured army supported by very strong cavalry and demons. Their units are very powerfull but their armies take a while to become strong because they can't recruit elite units and isntead upgrade their armies. Archeon is also really strong. Strong enough to change the tide of msot battles because he is both strong in melee and is a caster.

- Bretonnia -> Leoncour LL. You start besieged by chaos and greenskins however if you manage to survive the first few turns you can slowly expand. The tech tree allows free territory with confederation. Your first objective will probably be to wipe internal bretonia threats (vampire counts, GS,etc.) then slowly expand where it makes sense. bretonia is usually friendly with empire and High elves. This means that if the empire and HE manage to secure their borders you will be very safe from any threat. In terms of roster bretonia is all about cavalry. Cavalry that is good in charge, in melee, at flying, etc. Really Good Cavalry! There may be some infantry... I think called peasants or such. who cares about such rabble?

*the game is a sandbox and even the easier can be hard if your unlucky and your enemies expand quicker than allies/neutral factions. I highly recommend decreasing the dificulty.

Mathi

Oct 25, 2017
Great trailer, the chaos dwarfs look awesome.

I'm a bit disappointed we're only getting 3 Lords with this DLC, but at least we're also getting Ulrika. I never would have expected to see her in this game, that's a nice surprise.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really excited to play chorfs and will be getting the DLC day one, but have to echo that I'm a bit bummed at the combination of price increase plus only 3 LL's (including no FLC lord).

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
I'm a fan of more LH's. There's realistically no way most people will ever play all the LLs, so cutting them back a bit and introducing characters that will improve all of their campaigns is a fine change, I think. Also helps keep the map a bit less cluttered.

The FLC LH sounds awesome. FLC is the best as always.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I almost never play EVERY LL lord in a pack so not the worst thing ever. I also love kislev so getting a new hero is great. Especially with a new school of magic.

I don't know. I really want to see some LL packs to round out the sparse wh3 races. I feel like chaos, cathay and ogres are really bare.

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
I'm in heaven right now.

The expansion is a bit more expensive than the other Faction DLCs like Vampirates and Tomb Kings. I'm misunderstand the blog or it talks about a multiplayer campaign?

Last edited:

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in heaven right now.

The expansion is a bit more expensive than the other Faction DLCs like Vampirates and Tomb Kings. I'm misunderstand the blog or it talks about a multiplayer campaign?
Are you taking about the Tower Of Zharr part? It's talking about how you can team up within the mechanic

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Just please no more Lizards and Rats DLCs! The world is just infested with scales and fur. Give Throgg a sister or donkey LL for gods sake.

Thanquol is definitely happening, so at least one more Rat DLC. And we know Lizardmen are due for a mechanics/campaign rework, so I wouldn't be surprised it that launched at the same time as a Lizard DLC lord.

Oct 30, 2017

I appreciate the response! Interesting, I always look down on warriors of Chaos being a bad faction. Maybe I missed a buff or it was just a misconception. Given the sale on Chaos Warriors DLC I may pick it up since you state they are easy and I am a sucker for the aesthetic.

I currently have Warden and the Paunch, the Tomb Kings, Warden and the Paunch and the Ikit Claw DLC for 2.

I always enjoy the more evil factions. I did struggle with actually doing well in Warhammer 2. Perhaps just playing on easy until I wrap my head around it may be the best idea.

Any must have DLCs on the sale that I don't have? My method previously is just factions I think look cool.

Odinsmana

Mar 13, 2019
Thanquol is definitely happening, so at least one more Rat DLC. And we know Lizardmen are due for a mechanics/campaign rework, so I wouldn't be surprised it that launched at the same time as a Lizard DLC lord.

They have said that they want to eventually rework the lizardmen campaign mechanics, but I don't think that guarantees that they will get a new lord or DLC.

Thanqoul might come with a DLC, but I think that be might also be a FLC lord. Though considering that he is a fan favorite they might want to milk that for what it`s worth.

Last edited:

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
They have said that they want to eventually rework the lizardmen campaign mechanics, but I don't think that means that they will get a new lord or DLC.

Thanqoul might come with a DLC, but I think that be might also be a FLC lord. Though considering that he is a fan favorite they might want to milk that for what it`s -worth.

Agreed that Lizardman rework certainly doesn't mean another Lizard DLC is guaranteed, I just wouldn't be shocked if that's what happens.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate the response! Interesting, I always look down on warriors of Chaos being a bad faction. Maybe I missed a buff or it was just a misconception. Given the sale on Chaos Warriors DLC I may pick it up since you state they are easy and I am a sucker for the aesthetic.

I always enjoy the more evil factions. I did struggle with actually doing well in Warhammer 2. Perhaps just playing on easy until I wrap my head around it may be the best idea.

Any must have DLCs on the sale that I don't have? My method previously is just factions I think look cool.
Warrior of Chaos got a rework which made them from being viewed as one of the worst factions to a very flavorful and fun faction. Though imo they only feel complete with the Champions of Chaos, I don't think the Vanilla WoC is worth since you get access to Bel'akor through Champions of Chaos(?)

I'd recommend Twisted and Twlight as you get access to Wood Elves and probably the best Lord pack. And since you like evil factions Silent and Fury which gives you access to Beastmen who are probably my favorite Chaos faction. And both factions are probably the most unique in the game

Odinsmana

Mar 13, 2019
Agreed that Lizardman rework certainly doesn't mean another Lizard DLC is guaranteed, I just wouldn't be shocked if that's what happens.

Yeah it`s not impossible, but the lizardmen have pretty much every notable unit and lrod already at this point, so I just don`t think it`s likely. They might get a FLC lord, but I think CA would probably prioritize filling out some of the other factions.

OP
OP
karnage10

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal

I currently have Warden and the Paunch, the Tomb Kings, Warden and the Paunch and the Ikit Claw DLC for 2.

I'll start with 2 things:
1) CA has DLC every few months. You can use Isthereanydeal to track the prices in official retailers. So don't feel pressured to buy DLC now!! The AI also has access to everything so feel free to play what you have before getting more content.
2) your method with the rule of cool is probably the best for you.

With the above I'll still try to put a focus on some DLC because despite prices being similar some DLC bring more content then others.

- Curse of the Vampire Coast -> this faction is all about shooting the enemy dead. the thing is almost all the roster is expendable. Lost half the army in battle? raise dead and bring it back next turn. All 4 of the LL have a really good twist on the campaign. All their starting positions are very varied. Their only "con" is the rather small roster. They are nonetheless a lot of fun because of the mixture of being a pirate where you hunt around for treasures and infamy while having the traditionally conquer the map approach. It is a very weird faction.

-Twisted and Twlight -> Brings the Apache helicopter WE sisters to battle. They heavily buff USA air force Eagles and give for a very interesting although albeit easy campaign. The skaven side is where you add buffs to your units which have a % of going wrong. But since in the skaven roster everything is very cheap you will be stacking these buffs to make the super buffed unit! or some weird borderline useless frankstein that will explode on contact. Either way you win!

- Silent and Fury -> Brings more lizardmen and my favorite LL of the game. Oxy is a cameleon whose single purpose is to wreck the day of the evil factions. Despite being released in wh2 his campaign is designed for wh3 map. Basically his unique mechanic is that he can literally teleport around the map. Every few turns you get 3-4 missions that target armies and settlements from evil factions. You teleport there wreck them and go back home. He also doesn't get trespass bonus so every good faction will love you from wrecking their enemies. Alongside the beautifully sneaky Oxy you also get Taurus the cow. He is very strong melee fighter. The cool part is that you get the complete beastman roster with this DLC. Truly only Oxy could give so much content to his opponents! The cow is basically Skarbrand lite but with free upkeep army. THe only Problem of taurus is also the relatively easy campaign. You see the lack of upkeeps means you can "suicide" your army to deal heavy losses to elite armies. You basically recruit your army again in a few turns.

-Norsca -> i am a bit divided to recomend this because chances are that there will be a rework and more content to norsca sooner than later. THus it might bi wiser to wait. On its own merits i really like the pack. You have just 2 LL but they are very cool. The units feel Chaos light with heavy monster support. THe unique mechanics such as hunting beasts (which work like minibosses) as well as give tech for each racial capital you conquer give for a very thematic and fun campaign. Its small price makes it feel like a "steal"

- Champion of Chaos -> Only if you like chaos factions. This DLC basically brings a LOT of marked warriors of chaos. Which heavily benefits both Warriors of Chaos but also every demon faction. Now every demon faction can access their mortal units thus giving much needed variety to their armies. I feel like this DLC might be a bit too expensive if you don't care about any of the LL but, IMO, the variety of units added is a joy to use. THere is something special in having marked mortals marching alongside their demons counterparts!

OP
OP
karnage10

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Yeah it`s not impossible, but the lizardmen have pretty much every notable unit and lrod already at this point, so I just don`t think it`s likely. They might get a FLC lord, but I think CA would probably prioritize filling out some of the other factions.
Lizardmen are missing all the units GW is releasing now such as this cute fella

iClfiiBCndpMY80z.jpg

Or skins in a palequin!

LB2xZ40E092GrPE8.jpg

Lizardmen are still missing at least 1 CoC update!

THRILLHO

Nov 6, 2017
Looks good, but I think I'm done paying full price for WH content. Hopefully it's on a decent discount by the winter sale

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
People's reaction to the pricing on the Chaos Dwarves DLC:

FL7DTIzUUAE6o59.jpg

Me knowing the Tomb Kings DLC's announcement in WH2:

first-time-james-franco.gif

Feb 12, 2019
CHORFS. CHORFS. YEH. LOOK AT THOSE HATS. LOOK AT THOSE EVIL HATS.

I feel like in "real" terms I can understand why they'd scale down to three lords and one hero. There's always "that one guy" per faction that no one plays, so *in theory* focusing resources on three campaigns and having a hero accessible to all three makes more sense. We'll see how it works out in practice; I'd appreciate if all three of these Chorf Lorfs didn't start in the Darklands, but who knows if that'd be "lore acceptable." Fuck me up regardless. Waiting for it to go on Fanatical or another key reseller so I can get it for like, $20 instead of $25, but at this point I've already committed to ruining myself on all this game has to offer.

Anyway, fully expect the broad consensus around this new DLC to be one of manufactured disappointment because some guy on youtube reading lore from a wiki really wanted that Chaos Dwarf character people definitely love and know and care about. Meanwhile my friends who are more into historical Total War just sit there with their begging cup waiting for Medieval III to be announced.

Oct 27, 2017
Putting my tinfoil Chaos Dwarfs hat on for some baseless speculation:

It'll be update 3.0, this will be the third DLC for game 3, the Forge of the Chaos Dwarfs comes with 3 legendary lords

But just two legendary heroes (Gorduz / Ulrika.) I'm betting that there will be a third one, as a surprise

OP
OP
karnage10

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
Oh, the regular Dwarfs are gonna need another revamp. Chorfs operate in a way I thought the Dwarfs were supposed to work.