• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kaffeemann

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Not a fan of a third DLC for Skaven. Getting all of their stuff is getting really expensive, especially with the increased price for DLC.
The mechanics look nice, though.

Summary of the content of the next update

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
They added another FLC though Total War Access, the Glade Captain for Wood Elves.

Edit: Updated list.

-Skavens-
Legendary Lords:
Throt the Unclean (with Vortex and Mortal Empire campaigns)​
Heroes:
Packmaster​
Ghoritch (Legendary Hero)​
Skaven Chieftain (Free-LC)​
Units:
Brood Horrors​
Mutant Rat Ogres​
Wolf Rats​

-Wood Elves-
Legendary Lords:
The Sisters of Twilight Naestra and Arahan (with Vortex and Mortal Empire campaigns)​
Drycha (with Mortal Empire campaign) (Free-LC if you have the previous "Realm of the Wood Elves" DLC)​
Lord:
Spellweaver​
Heroes:
Queen Ariel (Legendary Hero)​
Glade Captain (Total War Access Free-LC)​
Units:
Zoats​
Great Stag Knights​
Bladesingers​
Glade riders with spears (Free-LC if you have the previous "Realm of the Wood Elves" DLC)​

Last edited:
OP
OP
karnage10

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I didn't expect Ariel to be a LH. I always thought she would be a LL.
That said I am a bit sad that the WE didn't get their own lore.

The DLC is on point, i am specially eager to use the new bambis; they look rad!

Do we know what new units are coming if we own both dlcs?
Right now CA hasn't anounced what content there will be for those that have the wh1 WE DLC besides saying that we will receive Drycha as a LL.

OP
OP
karnage10

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
ss_2faf500e9e811e649fe1e9ba7fddd08db79a59f3.1920x1080.jpg

I also have to say i really like this screenshot. The new LH for skaven seems like a brutal rat. and in the background we can see one of those giant rat ogres destroying a forest spirit
I ahve no idea where the elf gets the guts to jump at that monster...

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually pretty interested to check out wood elves via the new lord in the DLC. If I dig it I'll definitely grab the proper wood elf DLC next time it's on sale.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm actually pretty interested to check out wood elves via the new lord in the DLC. If I dig it I'll definitely grab the proper wood elf DLC next time it's on sale.

Wood Elves have spent a long time being "almost fine". They're actually pretty fun in battle, having a unique hit-and-run glass cannon ranged playstyle that's micro heavy but very rewarding when you beat the odds. It's just that their campaign mechanics suck and their whole theme didn't mesh with the requirement that they go wide to get all their endgame stuff. The best I can say is "at least they're not Beastmen", which is a low bar.

OP
OP
karnage10

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Alongside what Brian says i want to add that the 2LL for the WE are really fun.
Orion is a mix of a ranged and melee fighter but with a catch he has a few bound spells including a vortex spell! This means he can play a varied role in supporting your army. He is also relatively quickly for a LL so we can complement the hit and run tactics of the WE

Durthu is without at doubt one if not the strongest LL in the game. Although he is veeeerryyyy slow he has a HUGE mass, high armour, high damage and relatively high MA and MD; and if that wasn't enough he also has access to the lore of beasts, making him one of the few strong melee lords with a lore of magic. He also has some inspired animations that truly make him feel the strongest Ent. As long as he isn't being kited or attacked by fire he can literally trade blows with a full 20 stack army of t3 or bellow units. You read that right, he can duke out against a full stack and still come out on top (or at least he could when i played him a while ago). Basically almost any t4 or bellow unit will deal at most 1 damage to durthu and due to his mass he can push and attack whatever is most dangerous. Before this match his special campaign mechanic was that he didn't get norsca attrition so with him you could take the fight to the pesky norscans. it was extremely pleasurable to be able to wipe out norscans without the painful attrition and bad settlements that other races suffer from.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
The Wood Elves' time is nigh! At last!

They've come a long way from where they started:

105600E4ED6BAB546391C6DC6FA40D67FE093AAF

OP
OP
karnage10

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
The Wood Elves' time is nigh! At last!

They've come a long way from where they started:

105600E4ED6BAB546391C6DC6FA40D67FE093AAF
they have indeed. I still remember when i saw the map for the first time and wondering why there was a "hidden" /impassable territory in the map. I didn't know anything about warhammer fantasy back then

map_1605.jpg

I still remember thinking that i was obviously that Bretonnia were going to be added soon.
I hated the badlands back then too. Far too much territory for a couple of factions!
BTw has Schwarzhafen ever returned or that faction has been deleted forever? I think it is the only faction that never came back after being susbtituted by a LL.

I am also super glad that CA abandoned the idea of 1 faction per race very quickly. That was one of my main concerns with the game. Such a well done map and only a couple of startng positions with a shit ton of chars? made no sense to me.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
God the OG game is unrecognisable, lmao.
BTw has Schwarzhafen ever returned or that faction has been deleted forever? I think it is the only faction that never came back after being susbtituted by a LL.
I think there's just no room. The VCs are just sooo dense. Instead they opted to expand the lands North of them.

They probably have some internal design rule about how close settlements can be to one another.

On the flipside, I could see Isabella getting spun out into her own faction some day. And Schwartzhafen would be waiting.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
I absolutely love Isabella von Carstein in this game, she's actually one of my favourite characters, but I'm not sure I enjoy the Von Carstein start position anymore. Kinda wish they would get a new one. Also, one thing I'm not sure is possible but I would love to see is some way to select either Isabella or Vlad as your faction leader and have the other support as a Legendary hero.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
Unit sizes from Indypride's video, not sure if the screenshots were publicly available:

Bladesingers = 100
Great Stag Knights = 32
Zoats = 16 (looks like Dragon Ogre equivalents)

Wolf Rats = 80 (These also get a poison variant)
Mutant Rat Ogres = 1
Brood Horrors = 1

Interesting to see how this affects balance and tactics. Skaven get the wolf rats which may be a gamechanger (even though I think it was mentioned they are a level 1 unit) in that they can have cheap units to chase enemies off the battlefield. Otherwise they are going DEEP into the single entity end, probably starting to trade somewhat equally with the Lizardmen.

Meanwhile Bladesingers (looks like they might do magic/poison as well) look to be a low tier damage dealer a la HE Rangers, while Stag Knights & Zoats further enhance their shock cavalry gameplay.

There will also be Great Stag & Brood Horror mounts for some lords & heroes. Throt will get a BH, unless I misheard maybe also Skrolk which sounds very interesting.

OP
OP
karnage10

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I absolutely love Isabella von Carstein in this game, she's actually one of my favourite characters, but I'm not sure I enjoy the Von Carstein start position anymore. Kinda wish they would get a new one. Also, one thing I'm not sure is possible but I would love to see is some way to select either Isabella or Vlad as your faction leader and have the other support as a Legendary hero.
I prefer Vlad versus isabella mostly because of vanguard deployment. Like that shit is just unfair, it essentially deletes the only weakness of the VC.
That said i really like both of them, unlike the cart necromancer (sorry, i don't even remember his name) and Manfred (stronger than nagash you say?, mate,You can't even beat most tomb kings nor Vlad on a fair fight...)
I also really like their starting position!

Otherwise they are going DEEP into the single entity end, probably starting to trade somewhat equally with the Lizardmen.
What sort of blasphemy is this? Shame on you for donwplaying the GREAT PLAN!!!!
Nobody trades equally with the lizardman. We exist to crush the Demons of the chaos gods. You think some puny rat monster can be anything else but a sacrifice to SOTEK?

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Justice for the Beastmen pls. Every unholy god on this Earth would howl with glee if it came to pass.

The first introduced and the last to be updated.

Oct 30, 2017
How do factions or LLs that havent quest all over the world play? do you have to conquer your way to a quest point? or do you just walk the character there on a map?

Is it possible to diplomacy your way there with military access with factions around you?

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
How do factions or LLs that havent quest all over the world play? do you have to conquer your way to a quest point? or do you just walk the character there on a map?

Is it possible to diplomacy your way there with military access with factions around you?

You just need a character (army or hero) to reach that location on the map. It's a lot easier with a hero, naturally.

OP
OP
karnage10

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Kind of big news. Though it could(probably) be referring to the preorder bonus's
I hope grace will ecplain if there is aonly the pre-order DLC left or if there will be another lord pack.
I hope there is another lordpack to bring either dwarves or VC to the vortex.
Justice for the Beastmen pls. Every unholy god on this Earth would howl with glee if it came to pass.

The first introduced and the last to be updated.
I actually would prefer to save beastman to when DoC are introduced. Beastman, WoC and norsca to some extent need to have more interation between themselves and with DoC when they get added.
I wish they would get a mechanics similar to the pope in medieval 2 with the everchosen being the pope. Make the pope be chosen from the strongest chaos faction every X turns with the launching of a crusade end times. Chaos needs to be frightening anda force that order factions need to cooperate to survive.

When you have the battle unlocked you can just teleport there by paying 1000.
Some quests require someone from your faction to go somewhere; here you jsut send a hero to accomplish it.

Some quests require your army to move to a certain location, usually this is near your starting position but you do have to move your LL there.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
I hope grace will ecplain if there is aonly the pre-order DLC left or if there will be another lord pack.
I hope there is another lordpack to bring either dwarves or VC to the vortex.

I actually would prefer to save beastman to when DoC are introduced. Beastman, WoC and norsca to some extent need to have more interation between themselves and with DoC when they get added.
I wish they would get a mechanics similar to the pope in medieval 2 with the everchosen being the pope. Make the pope be chosen from the strongest chaos faction every X turns with the launching of a crusade end times. Chaos needs to be frightening anda force that order factions need to cooperate to survive.

When you have the battle unlocked you can just teleport there by paying 1000.
Some quests require someone from your faction to go somewhere; here you jsut send a hero to accomplish it.

Some quests require your army to move to a certain location, usually this is near your starting position but you do have to move your LL there.

surely pre-order DLC would count as WH3? Unless you mean pre-ordering would get you something for WH2 I guess.

OP
OP
karnage10

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Moulder starting position
WH2_TT_Throt_Start_Position_VORTEX_943x1080.jpg

WH2_TT_Throt_Start_Position_MORTAL_1320x1080.jpg

Sisters starting positon

WH2_TT_Sisters_Start_Position_VORTEX_943x1080.jpg

WH2_TT_Sisters_Start_Position_MORTAL_1320x1080.jpg

surely pre-order DLC would count as WH3? Unless you mean pre-ordering would get you something for WH2 I guess.
CA warhammer pre-order "scheme" is to give DLC for the previous game. For example wh2 gave wh1 users norsca DLC for free. If i remember CA gave 3 reasons for doing this:
  • CA has a certain marketing budget. CA seems to prefer to use that money for new content instead of just publicity/adds.
  • The new content created by the above is given free to the biggest costumers (those that buy the game in the first week or 2) suposedly rewarding early adoption.
  • Alongside this because it is DLC for previous game it allows the costumers to already use their content instead of just waiting for the new game.
That said CA's Norsca DLC seems to delay wh2 content for around 6 months, perhaps more. So i don't know how CA will approach the pre-order DLC for warhammer 3.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
These maps are getting busier and busier.

Hilarious that they don't change the difficulty setting despite it.

Kaffeemann

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
There're also several other gameplay and UI changes with the update:
  • Minimum cast distance was removed so casters can cast AoE spells on themselves.
  • In addition to kills there's also a pop-up that tells you how much damage a unit dealt and how much value it killed.
  • Settlements can be abandoned.
  • Foot lords are a lot more resistant to knock downs so they fight back against monsters a lot better. Single entities have a harder time to push through large infantry blobs.
  • Missiles have a grace period where they can fly though trees so your units won't shoot into a tree point blank.
www.youtube.com

5 CHANGES in the Twisted & Twilight Update! - Warhammer 2

Pre-order The Twisted & The Twilight DLC with 20% off on Gamesplanet with voucher code TWIST Using the below links will support this channel and a legit reta...

OP
OP
karnage10

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
There're also several other gameplay and UI changes with the update:
  • Minimum cast distance was removed so casters can cast AoE spells on themselves.
  • In addition to kills there's also a pop-up that tells you how much damage a unit dealt and how much value it killed.
  • Settlements can be abandoned.
  • Foot lords are a lot more resistant to knock downs so they fight back against monsters a lot better. Single entities have a harder time to push through large infantry blobs.
  • Missiles have a grace period where they can fly though trees so your units won't shoot into a tree point blank.
www.youtube.com

5 CHANGES in the Twisted & Twilight Update! - Warhammer 2

Pre-order The Twisted & The Twilight DLC with 20% off on Gamesplanet with voucher code TWIST Using the below links will support this channel and a legit reta...
WOW! such good changes!

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
Also interesting that they seem to have added more regions to the eastern side of the map, wonder if anything is there yet.

When starting a campaign there is now also a "Chaos Invasion" difficulty setting, including the ability to turn it off completely.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
qb19wg892f061.png

Drycha Portrait, she looks great
Kind of disappointed they seem to not be reworking Durthu/Orion's faction effects, just removing stuff
There's also a Chaos Invasion difficulty

Last edited:
OP
OP
karnage10

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Also interesting that they seem to have added more regions to the eastern side of the map, wonder if anything is there yet.

When starting a campaign there is now also a "Chaos Invasion" difficulty setting, including the ability to turn it off completely.
what about increasing the Chaos invasion? is that possible?
qb19wg892f061.png

Drycha Portrait, she looks great
Kind of disappointed they seem to not be reworking Durthu/Orion's faction effects, just removing stuff
TBF i think durthu campaing effects are still relatively good.

One think i ahven't seen mentioned is about the WE mechancis that looks like the GS mechanic. I ahve seen a few screenshots where dryads had "power ups" like GS mechanic

They added another FLC though Total War Access, the Glade Captain for Wood Elves.

Edit: Updated list.

-Skavens-
Legendary Lords:
Throt the Unclean (with Vortex and Mortal Empire campaigns)​
Heroes:
Packmaster​
Ghoritch (Legendary Hero)​
Skaven Chieftain (Free-LC)​
Units:
Brood Horrors​
Mutant Rat Ogres​
Wolf Rats​

-Wood Elves-
Legendary Lords:
The Sisters of Twilight Naestra and Arahan (with Vortex and Mortal Empire campaigns)​
Drycha (with Mortal Empire campaign) (Free-LC if you have the previous "Realm of the Wood Elves" DLC)​
Lord:
Spellweaver​
Heroes:
Queen Ariel (Legendary Hero)​
Glade Captain (Total War Access Free-LC)​
Units:
Zoats​
Great Stag Knights​
Bladesingers​
Could I ask you to add the following:

WE Units
Glade riders with spears (FLC if you have the previous "Realm of the Wood Elves" DLC )

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
what about increasing the Chaos invasion? is that possible?

TBF i think durthu campaing effects are still relatively good.

One think i ahven't seen mentioned is about the WE mechancis that looks like the GS mechanic. I ahve seen a few screenshots where dryads had "power ups" like GS mechanic

Could I ask you to add the following:

WE Units
Glade riders with spears (FLC if you have the previous "Realm of the Wood Elves" DLC )
In the Loremasters stream I've seen two things not talked about yet.
Durthu and Drycha can buff trees like Orks but they come with downsides
There is a forest Invasion mechanic that it very unique
Durhutu's final unique skill is province attrition to everybody

OP
OP
karnage10

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
From what I've seen the setting goes from Easy to Very Hard, but I don't know what the effects actually are. We'll probably have to wait for streamers to get more access to get specifics.
i see. I really like giving campaign options to people. It is the first total war with campaign bonuses/malus. I hope CA continues this and gives options for some weird campaigns!
Very Hard: Archaon comes to your house and breaks your monitor over your head.
LMAO

In the Loremasters stream I've seen two things not talked about yet.
Durthu and Drycha can buff trees like Orks but they come with downsides
There is a forest Invasion mechanic that it very unique
I see, that is is cool! That seems to be great incentive to use more forest spirits instead of the amber cuting your roster in half.

Durhutu's final unique skill is province attrition to everybody
WHAT? that sounds way too good to be true

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
i see. I really like giving campaign options to people. It is the first total war with campaign bonuses/malus. I hope CA continues this and gives options for some weird campaigns!

LMAO

I see, that is is cool! That seems to be great incentive to use more forest spirits instead of the amber cuting your roster in half.

WHAT? that sounds way too good to be true
It is I misheard, it's just a region/local