VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I have a physical Xbox version that looks and plays as good as I need it to on my One X. Will I be able to replicate that experience on Series X? Knowing Activision, they'll make the console run regular One version...

Honestly, seeing this, I regret supporting this company when much smaller devs with far less resources give us so much more for supporting them in the first place. I guess it's the difference between companies ran by humans and companies ran by suits and investors.
For some reason the resolution of this game on Xbox One X seems worse than other 1440p games do. Maybe it's the anti-aliasing solution or something. Very shimmery. But the other big thing for me is I would love having 2-5 seconds load times for levels on the new gen versions. Would be really nice. Alas, I have the PS5, no the Series X, so I'll stick with the One X version.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Any expectation on the Steam release? Is it likely September due to Epic exclusivity? Would be hilarious for me if the Switch version came out then, probably flip a coin on which to get.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
lol, no way I'm paying $10 for an upgrade. Game looks and plays great via BC on PS5, the upgrades they're touting don't seem worth the $10 upcharge.

mdf/markus

Oct 30, 2017
No to that paid upgrade.
And I fucking love THPS 1+2.

Good look on MS to not be part of that thing, in my opinion.

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
lol, no way I'm paying $10 for an upgrade. Game looks and plays great via BC on PS5, the upgrades they're touting don't seem worth the $10 upcharge.

Ten bucks seems reasonable to me assuming the leap is significant. I might wait for a Digital Foundry assessment before I reward them for a potentially lazy effort.

And you're right, it does look good on the PS5 already.

OdjnRyu

Nov 8, 2017
That $10 PS4 upgrade fee sucks, but at least it comes with some additional content and it's not just a "pay to next-gen" unlock key?

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Yeah I'm not paying $10 for that. This is not a precedent that should be set for minor tweaks.
I'm not universally opposed to paying a small upgrade fee, but this feels like something that… won't feel all that different than the last-gen Xbox One X version?

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Oh, no free upgrade? I wonder why they decided not to charge for Crash and charge for this one. Maybe because it was a $40 release originally while Crash was a $60 release?

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Switch version looks genuinely fantastic. Some of you need to remember that you're not actually playing on a "Switch Pro."

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
On the one hand: not free for a game not even 6 months old (will be 7 by the time of the upgrade though)
On the other hand: $10 instead of full price
On the third hand (thank you C button): Activision gonna Activision

Free upgrades are a great gesture, especially for anything released within the previous year, but should not be expected. Business and consumer-wise this is the least offensive option since they're basically doing this to upgrade anyone with standard to have the extra content form the DLC/DE bundle as well as the next (now current) gen features.

I'll be doing this just to be able to do 1080p120, at the least. The spatial audio will be nice, too, if they mix it properly.

Last edited:

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda want to see the exact upgrades for the 10 bucks. It seems like a resolution bump by itself wouldn't be worth it.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Makes life easier knowing that a cheaper last-gen version would be enough with the 10 bucks upgrade. Do we know how long the upgrade to next-gen lasts for?

jeffLebowski

Dec 12, 2019
I don't mean to disparage anyone undergoing financial hardships but I have a hard time understanding the outrage about a $10 upgrade fee. Obviously it's not ideal but it's not some crazy amount

It's not the ten dollars. It's the principle of it. Paying any money at all for a patch which basically changes the resolution and fps values in the config file is absurd. It could be two dollars and it would still be hilariously lame. The fact that the game is only five months old and that dozens of other games got PS5 upgrades for free just makes it look even worse. Don't get me wrong: Activision is free to ask whatever they wish for the upgrade... but we as consumers are equally as free to tell them to fuck off and take a pass on it.

Last edited:

Friender

Sep 27, 2020
I'd rather pay more for a used PS5 copy than a $10 patch just so Activision doesn't get a dime.

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
I'm going to wait for Digital Foundry on this one.

If we get good 120fps, locked 4K, and other visual perks + the extra Deluxe content + dualsense perks, I'm probably sold.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I'll probably grab the Switch version on sale, but it is just absolutely wild that the console that has been the market leader for years on end still gets this "eh, whenever" release date business.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Considering I already beat it, as nice as it would be playing it at those specs, just have not touched it since I beat it. Would I have checked it out again if the upgrade was free? No doubt. However going to be a pass since it is not.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck that noise. I was hanging onto the game to replay with the inevitable upgrade but I'll just sell it on now

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
It's not the ten dollars. It's the principle of it. Paying any money at all for a patch which basically changes the resolution and fps values in the config file is absurd. It could be two dollars and it would still be hilariously lame. The fact that the game is only five months old and that dozens of other games got PS5 upgrades for free just makes it look even worse. Don't get me wrong: Activision is free to ask whatever they wish for the upgrade... but we as consumers are equally as free to tell them to fuck off and take a pass on it.

Understood.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
I'll say the same thing I say about other paid upgrades.....fuck that. I don't care if it's $1, I'm not paying for what other developers are giving away for free.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
For $10 more, these upgrades better be pretty big. I probably won't pay if it's just 4K or something.

Oct 27, 2017
They should add the N64 Soundtrack on the Switch version as an option 😁

Do we know the framerate of the Switch version? Resolution?

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Free upgrades for some, paid upgrades for others, no option to upgrade for disc owners on Xbox, what the fuck is this shit ?

I love this game but I'm not supporting this bollocks.

Djalminha

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
For some reason the resolution of this game on Xbox One X seems worse than other 1440p games do. Maybe it's the anti-aliasing solution or something. Very shimmery. But the other big thing for me is I would love having 2-5 seconds load times for levels on the new gen versions. Would be really nice. Alas, I have the PS5, no the Series X, so I'll stick with the One X version.
I know what you mean, although it doesn't bother me too much. Load times could be improved but I'm hoping that the Series X will achieve that by brute force even without update on the game.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Free upgrade would've been nice, but 10 bucks ain't so bad. Will consider it if I feel like going for another run.

taco543

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fresno CA
I bought the deluxe edition on a whim, looks like it paid off! I didnt read it (sorry at work) but do game saves carry over???