aronmayo

Jul 29, 2020
On another note...this game is still crashing on my Series X constantly, even after today's update. It crashes within 2 minutes of booting the game up. So it's effectively 0p resolution on Series X.

Also, I mean...Digital Foundry and VG Tech have been wrong plenty of times on both sides. We don't really need evidence of that. I feel if the developers put out a statement saying it's 1080p then it's probably 1080p. But I guess they get it wrong too sometimes haha

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Also, I mean...Digital Foundry and VG Tech have been wrong plenty of times on both sides. We don't really need evidence of that. I feel if the developers put out a statement saying it's 1080p then it's probably 1080p. But I guess they get it wrong too sometimes haha

I trust DF / VG tech than developers when it comes to talking about performance and resolution. Developers outright lie all the time about resolution and frame rate. i.e. calling games 4k60 when it's mostly 1440p60.

Mxlegend99

May 20, 2018
So have the lighting issues been patched along with crashing? Going back to my Xbox One copy the picture was nearly pure white after tweaks i made that had no effect at all on XSX.

I refunded my upgrade but might consider grabbing it if they get it all working properly again. Probably wait for a sale though. Even working perfectly its not worth the money IMO.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
I already beat everything in both games so I don't really feel like I need to upgrade... But I also want to maintain the dream we get 3 and 4 remakes someday...

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I still have my free digital-only (no disc) version....so errr, can I sell my PS4 disc now?
I'm wondering about this too. I took the disc out of my PS5 because I wanted to play a different game, and it'll still let me play the PS5 version of Tony Hawk without the disc. Are we expecting this to get patched or can I sell my disc?

Madmackem

Oct 28, 2017
Errrm paid for the upgrade on xbox but doesn't show as series x game just one x enhanced. Help?

Sun-Squirrel

Sep 25, 2020
Dundee
Just bought this game in the X box Easter sale, how exactly do I upgrade to the next gen version. I cannot find any option on the Xbox store for the £10 upgrade, thanks.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I never played 3 but I'd kill for a remake of 4. Is 3 a direct sequel to the gameplay style of 1+2, before 4 made the games a bit more open?

You pretty much nailed it. 3 was the final form of the original gameplay before 4 went to semi-open world

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
does selecting the "retry" option result in a change in music track?

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone know whether I can verify via my TV remote (LG C9) if the 120Hz mode is enabled?

If you press the green button at the bottom of the remote 10x, it'll display a signal info panel that will at least show if the signal is 120hz. That said, you won't know for sure if the game is in the 120hz mode, or if it's just the system sending that signal.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Is this the cheapest way on xbox to get this digitally currently?

buy this:

Buy Tony Hawk's™ Pro Skater™ 1 + 2 | Xbox

Plays via backward compatability on Xbox Series X|S. Drop back in with the most iconic skateboarding games ever made. Play Tony Hawk’s™ Pro Skater™ & Tony Hawk’s™ Pro Skater™ 2 in one epic collection, rebuilt from the ground up in incredible HD. All the pro skaters, levels and tricks are back...

then buy this:

Buy Tony Hawk's™ Pro Skater™ 1 + 2 - Cross-Gen Deluxe Upgrade | Xbox

For digital owners of the Tony Hawk's™ Pro Skater™ 1 + 2 Standard Edition, this upgrade will unlock the Tony Hawk's™ Pro Skater™ Cross-Gen Deluxe Bundle, giving access to the Xbox Series X|S version of the game along with the Digital Deluxe Edition Content.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Is this the cheapest way on xbox to get this digitally currently?

buy this:

Buy Tony Hawk's™ Pro Skater™ 1 + 2 | Xbox

Plays via backward compatability on Xbox Series X|S. Drop back in with the most iconic skateboarding games ever made. Play Tony Hawk’s™ Pro Skater™ & Tony Hawk’s™ Pro Skater™ 2 in one epic collection, rebuilt from the ground up in incredible HD. All the pro skaters, levels and tricks are back...

then buy this:

Buy Tony Hawk's™ Pro Skater™ 1 + 2 - Cross-Gen Deluxe Upgrade | Xbox

For digital owners of the Tony Hawk's™ Pro Skater™ 1 + 2 Standard Edition, this upgrade will unlock the Tony Hawk's™ Pro Skater™ Cross-Gen Deluxe Bundle, giving access to the Xbox Series X|S version of the game along with the Digital Deluxe Edition Content.

Yup, you can save $10 that way.

One thing I've noticed, even after you purchase the upgrade. The X|S version of the game isn't on the ready to install list. You have to go to the store > search for the game X|S version and download from there. Not sure if I'm missing anything but that was the only way I was able to download it. Never saw it on my ready to install after purchasing the upgrade.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017

One thing I've noticed, even after you purchase the upgrade. The X|S version of the game isn't on the ready to install list. You have to go to the store > search for the game X|S version and download from there. Not sure if I'm missing anything but that was the only way I was able to download it. Never saw it on my ready to install after purchasing the upgrade.

thanks for the heads up, about to buy.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017

More "benefits" of the rubbish way Activision decided to execute on this.

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
Should I get the PS5 version or PC? Are they similar?

Watch the Digital Foundry video, there are some small changes to the way shadows, colors, and glow effects appear that were made for PS5/Series X that have not (yet?) made their way to the PC version. One or the other may look better to you.

OscarK

Developer at Xbox
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

That is not ideal. I've filed a bug internally to try to understand why this would be the case; thanks for the report

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
I've bought the Series X version on the BF sale and i'm loving the game. Good makeover and retains the addictive gameplay of the originals.

No issues so far on SX.

Goldstick

Jun 6, 2019
Porto, Portugal
Sorry to bring back this topic, but I was thinking about buying the Series X version of the game and I have a question if anyone could answer.

I already have the digital deluxe add-on but the game itself is only physical. Can I just buy the standard Xbox One version of the game and since I have the deluxe add-on I will receive the cross gen version? Or do I have to buy the cross gen package anyway?

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry to bring back this topic, but I was thinking about buying the Series X version of the game and I have a question if anyone could answer.

I already have the digital deluxe add-on but the game itself is only physical. Can I just buy the standard Xbox One version of the game and since I have the deluxe add-on I will receive the cross gen version? Or do I have to buy the cross gen package anyway?

I haven't done this stuff myself but last gen at least Xbox didn't differentiate between a digital and physical license.

Goldstick

Jun 6, 2019
Porto, Portugal
I haven't done this stuff myself but last gen at least Xbox didn't differentiate between a digital and physical license.
Yes but in this case there is no way of upgrading the physical version, but for those that had the game and the deluxe add-on digitally they would receive the updated version. I just am not sure if I buy the base game it would work since I already had the deluxe add-on.

I guess I can try and if it doesn't work I can ask for a refund

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Yes but in this case there is no way of upgrading the physical version, but for those that had the game and the deluxe add-on digitally they would receive the updated version. I just am not sure if I buy the base game it would work since I already had the deluxe add-on.

I guess I can try and if it doesn't work I can ask for a refund

Ok, I misunderstood the question.