Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm actually kind of liking this final Geats arc...kind of dumb but fun? Lots of cool fight scenes, like really liked the fight in the kitchen warehouse.

Neon's dad is probably the unexpected cool character in the show.

And I just realized...are they gonna remember Buffa's dead friend is alive again?

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
I really like the villains in Geats, I think they're the best Reiwa Riders villains so far. There's something very twisted, yet very real, about a guy whose goal is to see their favorite suffer for character development, and a guy whose literal job is to enact a bad ending for his specific audience. They don't need extra backstory for motivation, these are just fandom behavior.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh yeah Kekera is instantly top tier for me.

And I love how the one girl just pulls out an actual gun to solve problems. Kind of feel like she's gonna end up being turned into a Goddess and be the big CG end boss.

Vin-yl

Jan 13, 2023
Tachibana-san! Are you okay???

tumblr_mpkoh8L0Rd1s7edb8o1_r1_500.gif
I can hear this gif lmao

Also I love that he has this as an attack in Battride War

Adam Tyner

Oct 25, 2017
Courtesy of starsteam at blu-ray.com, here's info on the replacement program for Shin Ultraman. Send an email to [email protected] with the info listed below:

Thank you for your recent order for Shin Ultraman. We are aware of the English subtitling issues and will have replacement discs available for both versions shortly.

Please include proof of purchase and version (Blu-ray or DVD). Make sure to include your full name and address in your reply as well. Once confirmed, we can send you a replacement disc.

Thank you for your patience and support. Please allow us 7-10 business days to process and send you your replacement disc.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, should I wait a few months or will messed up discs from the first printing probably stick around for a long time? I can't imagine this is a movie where existing stock will sell out quickly.

Adam Tyner

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, should I wait a few months or will messed up discs from the first printing probably stick around for a long time? I can't imagine this is a movie where existing stock will sell out quickly.
I have a bad feeling the problematic discs will be in circulation for a while. If you can get a deal you're happy with, I'd be tempted to say to just grab a copy somewhere and request a replacement afterwards, just to avoid any uncertainty. target.com had it on Blu-ray for $14.39 a few days ago (or $13.67 if you have a RedCard), but it looks like it's out of stock now.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I actually caught up on Geats and it's not a total disaster, just the perennial problem of having 30something episodes' worth of plot in ~50 episodes.
Keiwa's heel turn is dumb, as was immediately plunging him into tragedy again and having him throw a tantrum about needing another reset. Ace also shouldn't have stopped him from killing Daichi, you know that guy's going to turn into a giant CG monster in a few episodes. Bringing back Kousei just to kill him and give Neon her final form also seems like "cheap heat" to borrow another wrestling term. Presumably they're about to do something similar for Michi before the final confrontation.

On the plus side, Beroba and Kekera's Premium suits look great, they remind me of endgame stuff from Wizard, Drive, and Gaim. Also the action is still really, really good.

Last edited:

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, spoilered up, haven't posted in detail about new episodes in a while and it hasn't been 100% consistent in this thread.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
A Wrasslin' Rider could be set up similar to Geats, with the various championship belts granting people access to their super modes but changing hands somewhat often. They could also do a ton of virtual set stuff with the ring.

Vin-yl

Jan 13, 2023
So live action Kinnikuman(preferably with the questionable stuff excised/changed)?
I never got the chance to watch or read any Kinnikuman, what was questionable about it? I'd assume some character designs?

A Wrasslin' Rider could be set up similar to Geats, with the various championship belts granting people access to their super modes but changing hands somewhat often. They could also do a ton of virtual set stuff with the ring.
Yes absolutely! Have Riders based on different styles, like the obvious Lucha, maybe an Octopus-themed Submission artist.. I could go on. Many ideas.

If they do a wrasslin rider, Kamen Rider Birth needs to guest star.
For sure! Still one of my favourite secondary riders.

Dec 30, 2020
Yes absolutely! Have Riders based on different styles, like the obvious Lucha, maybe an Octopus-themed Submission artist.. I could go on. Many ideas.
Ooo, Strong Style, Mat-based, Technical, Sumo, Hardcore...

...the Hardcore Rider needs to transform by having his belt broken over his head.

OH! OHOHOHOH!!!! The squeaky-toy main weapon for the series absolutely needs to be a folding chair that transforms into guns/axes/swords/etc.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I never got the chance to watch or read any Kinnikuman, what was questionable about it? I'd assume some character designs?

I've only read the original run(my copy of unlimited muscle is on my counter waiting for me to start watching it), but I've heard the revival has been retconning and adjusting things already that just aren't fine/funny anymore. Original manga run is from the 80's(ran alongside fist of the North Star and monkey ball), so you've got some gags, background and minor characters that are stereotypes or questionable, nothing worse than Dragonball on that front… Cept the series has its own mr Popo(tho one that is somewhat easier to fix? Doesn't make the whole thing less of a headache). It's a series that's chock full of wrestling homages and references from wrestlers and organizations(most of the groups are word play on the groups of the time in Japan and America)…. So of course there's a German wrestler, or rather we have a generational issue. The first one Brockman is a villain through and through, a literal Nazi who gets ripped in half by a backbreaker by a major character who had gone rogue. The problem is in classic fashion his son Brocken Jr shows up for revenge, except unlike his father he's a good hearted person and not racist and gets turned into a supporting member of the main team(a little above Tien level for a Dragonball reference)… except he's still wearing the Nazi outfit and sends a rather inappropriately marked Christmas card later on. I don't know how the revival has been handling things(for example I know Suguru(the lead) got retconned to be way less of an ass since that's less desirable for a lead these days(still a stubborn screwball tho)) but Ultimate Muscle scrubbed the armband and explicit imagery and went for the evil solider look with skulls and the like and changed the outfit to green.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Apparently the Geats x Revice movie introduced Keiwa's inner demon so that might explain why he's suddenly gone Kagerou lol

Vin-yl

Jan 13, 2023
Ooo, Strong Style, Mat-based, Technical, Sumo, Hardcore...

...the Hardcore Rider needs to transform by having his belt broken over his head.

OH! OHOHOHOH!!!! The squeaky-toy main weapon for the series absolutely needs to be a folding chair that transforms into guns/axes/swords/etc.
And one of the finishing moves will obviously have to be a rider kick thru a table

Toei, this just writes itself!
Fantastic explanation
Thanks! The Brockman stuff makes me wonder of that's part of the reason why it was never released here in Germany.

At least we are finally getting the Eyeshield 21 manga soon..

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
And one of the finishing moves will obviously have to be a rider kick thru a table

Toei, this just writes itself!

Thanks! The Brockman stuff makes me wonder of that's part of the reason why it was never released here in Germany.

At least we are finally getting the Eyeshield 21 manga soon..
Also just double checked, the Ultimate muscle manga and the revival of the manga series(which is still going and is getting an anime project soon) completely removed the Nazi references from Brocken Jr's appearance(like I said before it wasn't really part of his characterization), so I'd imagine any new adaption will excise it. They already changed his outfit to be more evil generic military(like M Bison from street fighter) looking anyways. Also yes the original anime was also banned from France for that reason and his toy was excluded from the toyline when it released back in the states(the show didn't make it over, the nes game replaced him with Mohican) back in the day. I'd imagine if the new project is an all stars or from the start reboot they'll retcon his Brockman into a more modern but more acceptable alternative: a rogue evil paramilitary mercenary group.

Last edited:

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
A few years back I wrote an idea for a wrestling rider.

Untitled104-20210928225739.png

Kamen Rider Ringer, he was tiger themed and phone themed...transformation belts were a weird phone with changeable face plates for each Rider. It recognized simple voice commands, had a little Tomagatchi interface that tracked "win rates" against friends, and was like an old school walkie talkie.

The gimmick was masks. There was the central mask for each Rider based on one of the 12 zodiac signs, and Amigo Masks which were power ups based on other animals like a Shark and Wasp for Ringer.

Untitled104-20230714212305.png

The Riders competed to gather the Amigo Masks by defeating monsters...the monsters would take over as a person and cause everyone to forget about them, and if not defeated in 24 hours the monster would permanently become the human. The monsters were like the animal plus the person's occupation, like the Sharl monster was a football player.

The Riders were competing to become heroes and could challenge each other in wrestling matches (no weapons allowed) to barter on Amigo Masks. The idea was a Rider War series but under thr guise of a friendly competition, but TWIST they've done the competition multiple times in the past and the losers became the monsters that now sought to regain humanity by stealing others.

But there was a core four Riders who would stay more or less friends the whole way...

* Ringer, the Tiger of Steel. His civilian form would be a dude who everyone constantly forgets about or ignores until he transforms. It'd be kind of a gag to the point as soon as he untransforms people think he disappeared so he had have no trouble hiding his identity.

* Dracaller, the Dragon of Wood. A young woman with a boyish streak as she wants to take over her father's dojo but he wants to give it to her failure brother just because he's the son. Her suit would be as built as the guy suits as sort of a twist on the usual "female Rider suit", and she's the official secondary. I thought of a cool catchphrase, "I won't forgive those who make the same mistake twice!".

* Opster, the Rooster of Fire. He's a magician's assistant with a flamboyant ego and personality who wants to become famous and revive interest in stage magic. As a reference to Wizard, he'd declare "trick da yo" when doing magic as he's a stage magician...I'm thinking his main trick would be snapping his fingers and causing a small flame to appear. Also henshin jingle would be "Ban! Bang! He's a tricky guy, yo"...punning off Gallo.

* Snakewire, the Snake of Water. With some turtle elements as his arm pads would have small turtle shell shields...you see the main four Super Forms would be based on the Four Guardian Beasts with him as Genbu. He'd be a crazy handsome male model...but unable to smile normally and kind of daft, so his modeling career would consist of below the neck shots. When he transforms he'd lean back and water would come raining down on him out of nowhere like in Flashdance.

And obviously 8 other Riders for the other Zodiac animals with varying levels of importance...like Horse and Bull would be small cameos who quickly lose out, Rat and Rabbit would be comic relief villains, Sheep would be the obligatory psycho Rider with Pig as his less evil henchman, Dog would be the fan favorite who gets a spin-off with a smaller role in the main series, and Monkey would be the friendly dude who gets fucked over and reveals the dark twist mid series.

Also a cat female Rider named Catcall who is outside of the competition as a third party with her own transformation device, a clamshell makeup phone.

Dec 30, 2020
I like it!

I'd come up with a blacksmithing themed rider called XYZ (pronounced 'Size'), where she has an anvil shaped helmet that resembles a pompadour, and an oven on her chest. So seeing Gotchard's design has got my brows a'twitchin'.

And her forms are all based on 'metal', so Heavy Metal is her default, then Speed Metal for a lighter build, Death Metal for a more vicious build, and Precious Metal for a projectile shooter based form.

Also finally got back to Kamen Rider Black Sun and saw episode five.

god damn that transformation scene was amazing.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Ultraman Blazar 2

Fantastic follow-up to the first episode in how it decides to go with a different kind of atmosphere this time around. We get to see how our team come together and how they play off each other, and it leads to a lot of funny moments; Gento and Emi in particular make for a stand-out duo.

That finishing move was also hilariously unexpected, haha.

Last edited:

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019
Ultraman Blazar 2, this episode isn't all just about a fight, heck, we actually get to hear the name of characters, introduces elements to the setting and we get to actually meet members of the defense team!

I see that much like Ultraman Z, the main helper will be a mecha...well, i knew there would be one since there were some toy ads with the mecha, but still cool, and it's not a mecha from past series now being used for good or anything like that, it's a new mecha!

Will say that Blazar's energy lance is badass...and shockingly versatile.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Gender politics aside, Episode 40 of Geats was pretty cool.

Goddammit they've made some punchable villains...Daichi is like the worst human being, and like for no fucking reason.

Daichi is so insufferable and I just want him GONE.
Okay...I think it's actually AMAZING they had Keiwa act like an edge lord for two episodes and then his entire family gets killed again within two seconds of his wish being granted.

But goddammit BUJIN SWORD is just way too cool...like the insert song in 42 sealed that for me. God it's no fair.

Keiwa is an idiot but yeah his form is cool

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019

Birth was a jobber

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Weiss watched the second Fourze episode. I am officially annoyed at you(well more at Toei with their dumb decisions than you). It was great and I can't officially watch anymore. I'd say I should finally start Kuuga but ultimate muscle is currently in my Blu-ray player
It's really impressive, and hope others follow Tsuburaya's example. I had no idea Youtube offered different audio tracks for the same video.

Somebody uploaded the music from Blazar. Heard this in the earlier commercials, and I'm glad to see it's really good and unusual:

View: https://youtu.be/jN9Iqr8g3tI

Love how it has the obvious heroic mainthrough but the medley goes between alien and familiar to make it discordant

Last edited:

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Blazar 2

Very surreal watching a show that spends 2/3 of it runtime featuring grown-ass adults getting frustrated at their new low-budget amenities, conflicts with higher-ups, establish formalities between new staff, and filing out paperwork before we get to see Blazar going absolutely apeshit on the MotW.

Geats 44

Everyone brought their A game this week. Neon's arc concluded fairly well too. I guess I was being too harsh on the show but I like we're it's headed right as it's getting to wrap everything up.

Last edited:

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Blazar 2

Very surreal watching a show that spends 2/3 of it runtime featuring grown-ass adults getting frustrated at their new low-budget amenities, conflicts with higher-ups, establish formalities between new staff, and filing out paperwork before we get to see Blazar going absolutely apeshit on the MotW.
It reminded me of Shin Ultraman and Shin Godzilla at points, lots of odd camera angles and emphasis on the logistics. It was also pretty quiet and understated even when it was being funny, no goofy music or people wildly over-emoting.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So how's KingOgher? I'm like tons of episodes behind but I'm thinking of catching up as I'm on vacation this week.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Geats was pretty good.

Naago Fantasy was soooooo cool

also question. How well would Geats IX fare against Oma Zi-O

qj4zfmt80dcb1.png

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
It's the classic final form dilemma where they are close to being gods for the purposes of their own stories, but who would win in a fight depends on whose crossover move it takes place in.

I'll actually give this one to Oma Zi-O, Geats IX is one of the weaker final forms despite his reality-shaping powers. Or at least he LOOKS weak due to all the trouble he has with the regular endgame Jamato.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ultraman Blazar 2
And now we have a team! Mysterious fifth man being there all along. Ending with the challenge of a race against himself. Really enjoying the buildup here, considering the small size of the main squad I'm kinda expecting Gento to come clean at some point. Do find it interesting how much of an enigma Blazar is, no real clues on his motivation yet.

Slight cross post, but look who I just finishes
Here's the main build of Ultraman Type A done! I'll do fancier pics when I'm feeling better and finish the extras and stands but overall a pretty cool and fun build overall.
IMG_6910.jpg

IMG_6909.jpg

IMG_6912.jpg

Now time to build Piccolo to fight him.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hope we get the Gotchard press conference this week

I like how he's sky blue, really like how all the Riders...bar Saber...have been unique colors.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
So how's KingOgher? I'm like tons of episodes behind but I'm thinking of catching up as I'm on vacation this week.

It just concluded its second story arc. I think it was very strong, great cast of heroes and Racles is a very great antagonist. Your enjoyment will depend on how you view its VFX, cause it is very prominent still and affects how fights are choreographed. Mecha battles aren't affected though, it's just consistently good to great each episode.