• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Think this is the first time in my life I'm genuinely eating crow over something turning out to be good. Absolutley loving this. So much so I wish I could just watch the whole season right now. :(

Pretty funny thing happened when I was watching I audibly gasped jesus christ during the warehouse fight then Dove said it right after it finished lol

Anybody take a guess who it was in the photo in their apartment?

Could the person with Dick be Donna? we get her name in his phone then a picture as well?

Can't wait till next week.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Think this is the first time in my life I'm genuinely eating crow over something turning out to be good. Absolutley loving this. So much so I wish I could just watch the whole season right now. :(

Pretty funny thing happened when I was watching I audibly gasped jesus christ during the warehouse fight then Dove said it right after it finished lol

Could the person with Dick be Donna? we get her name in his phone then a picture as well?

I want to say it's Donna. We know she's showing up in episode 9 after all.
I like the idea of an OG Titans with Hawk, Dove, Robin and Wonder Girl.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
I remember the rumors stating the reason Bats didn't want Dick hanging out with Hawk and Dove was that they were too violent.

Funny how now we're here at the actual show and they're the ones looking at Dick like
picard.png
merchant.png
. lol

Oct 25, 2017

Looks to be

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
I want to say it's Donna. We know she's showing up in episode 9 after all.
I like the idea of an OG Titans with Hawk, Dove, Robin and Wonder Girl.

Oh man I can't wait. Hopefully we get Connor and Wally or maybe it'll be Bart.

They are gonna make him Red Hood and Jason Todd will stay good, right?

Nah Dicks going to pull back from the edge. He's just as taster of what Jason will eventually become.

Barrel_Roll

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
No Superman hints so far.

You don't get Minka Kelly for one episode. She will be back, you don't take a bigger name like her just for this.

I did look her up on IMDB later and saw that she was listed for more episodes. I would actually be disappointed if she survived - killing her is a good way to raise the stakes.

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was really pleasantly surprised with the first episode.

The "Fuck Batman" moment was actually alright in its given context.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I like the confidence shown so far in relation to using so many characters and villains. I don't know the Nuclear family but it's a cool pick. Unlike Netflix Marvel which tries to barely show one character for an entire season.

maxx720

Nov 7, 2017
The first episode was decent but the second one was great. I'm impressed so far. Even my wife who isn't into any other DC show is on board as well.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
First episode was good, second was great. Everything with Hawk and Dove was dope, but they did an especially good job selling Dick as a violence machine. I'm curious about the direction it's all going, but I'm pretty content with the character-focused stuff so far.

I don't think Minka Kelly Dove is dead, but I think she might be out of the superhero game. They've got another actor lined up to play a different Dove (I think), but I'm curious about who her character will end up being and what her purpose for the series as a whole is. As other posters have said, Minka Kelly is too big to off and not really use.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I will say one thing that not bugged me, but seemed like a missed opportunity

Dove notes that Dick seems much different now after their big fight, but during the flashback fight he seems pretty much as violent or at least as much blood spraying everywhere. Figured would have been great to actually have a dichotomy of his fighting style

The problem of using blood for things that would draw blood. Makes it hard to differentiate on what is dove just scratching a dudes face and actually perfurating someone

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yep this 2nd ep was better for me than the premiere because it was more focused... less on Raven and starfire and Beast Boy, and more on Dick and the main episode two of Hawk and Dove.

We got Alfred Pennyworth, Bruce Wayne on da cell
Hawk nearly getting his junk cut off twice
Superman t-shirt on Dawn
Game of Thrones references
More super violent Dick fights that either kill or seriously maim

and introduction of super creepy Family who is once again hunting for Raven... they seem like a too good to be true 60's Family until they begin their mission, and they go around beating up heroes, and torturing the Detective partner of Dick

I think they are related to the Doomsday Cult they were talking about earlier

I think Hawk is not dead, but he may be badly hurt or knocked out

Dawn... probably is dead or close to it... not sure

That Raven closing out the episode was cool symbol to callback to the Raven tattoo from earlier in the episode

Last edited:

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Liked Ep 2 a lot. I think the CGI blood splatter they keep forcing into the fights is getting a bit much though. I'm fine with some blood, but practical effects blood looks much better. CGI blood should be used more carefully not just thrown around like glitter.

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
Just watched ep1 and 2.

I'm shocked how much I enjoyed these episode's and i'm very excited to see the rest of them.
I hope the other live-action shows dc is going to do are just as good as these last few eps.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Happy that my initial impressions of this show based off of previews was wrong.

Second episode was amazing, also I've crushed on Minka Kelly since Friday Night Lights lol

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not as familiar with Minka's work till recently, but I've heard her name a lot
I actually saw her most on Detroit Become Human as an Android before I came across her casting here

What a tease for those who wanted more to Beast Boy than that teaser last ep... made it seem like we'd probably hear from them this ep... but apparently not

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Not as familiar with Minka's work till recently, but I've heard her name a lot
I actually saw her most on Detroit Become Human as an Android before I came across her casting here

What a tease for those who wanted more to Beast Boy than that teaser last ep... made it seem like we'd probably hear from them this ep... but apparently not
Friday Night Lights was one of my favorite TV series ever (not just because of her) and you couldn't pay me to watch actual football. Worth a watch on Netflix when your looking for a new show

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Horrible second episode off of a mixed first episode. Still have low hopes for improvement and still waiting for more beast boy.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely LOVED the second episode. WOW.

Hawk and Dove were the parts of the show I was looking forward to the least and I was just all wrong. Loved everything about the episode, can't wait for episode 3

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
tbh, Dove carried most of the ep between the two of em... good ol Arthur Curry/Hawk hasn't gotten better as an actor

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
It is simple. If they are bringing on someone named 'Hawk' in the Berlantiverse, they are going suck. Hawkgirl and Hawkman already learned us that.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Who was it that said you can't tell the difference between Robin fighting in the past and in the present? You totally can.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
The production values are not bad for TV.
The cast is attractive. And the acting is serviceable I guess.
The writing is not really much to work with.
The characters are all psychos. The violence seems overkill really.
And nothing has really happened yet, 2 episodes and an hour and 40 minutes in.
So I guess I will keep watching. For now. Since it's not really bad I guess. I don't know if I would call it good either.

Oct 25, 2017
God damn,
screw the actual Teen Titans just give me a show like this episode started out like with Hawk and Dove.

Heck it could still technically be the Titans even,
just have Robin, Hawk, Dove, Speedy and Donna Troy I guess.

Oct 25, 2017
His jealousy with Robin was lame
Yup, but Titans being a compressed "extreme!" version of a CW show...
I forgave it.

Ya'll were really taken with that Hawk and Dove. I thought Hawk was annoying af lol
Jealousy drama is annoying but I was absolutely loving everything with them preDick showing up.

I'd love a show that was a co-op hero show but with this bit more edge and something like Hawk doing steroids to keep it up.

sidenote,
Hawk's cowl is the best cowl on a tv budget. shit looks cool and proportionally great compared to Flash and such.
Eyepieces were a cool touch as well.
91d6acfc8b092d0f-600x400.png

When they released their promo image I thought it looked decent-good,
what we see of it in the episode it might be one of my favorite tv suits.

Last edited:

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I felt a lot of people reacted positively to these two reveals for the suit designs compared to everybody else on the show

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There are spoilers out there for newer costumes for the Titans, but I haven't seen them yet. I knew they were going to change even before the spoiler because the backlash they received when they first revealed them months ago.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the season finale is two episodes playing as one and they were originally split or they're both dropping the same day. That could be the origin of some confusion. Cause we have the episode titles and there are 12 of them. So if the last two drop the same day that's 11 weeks and that could easily have someone think 11 episodes if they're not paying attention.

So either they got combined as I said to be one big season finale and will be dropping the same day to allow Young Justice to debut the next week or the rep is wrong on the dates and episode count. Or two episodes on the back half got edited down into one episode bringing the full count to 11 instead of 12.

The editing of two episodes down into one is messy and full of potential problems. Dropping episode 11 and 12 the same day wouldn't be surprising even for a weekly show. Happens on normal broadcast TV. Star Trek Discovery had both episodes 1 and 2 of its first season drop the same night when it started.

Last edited:

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
I'm just happy its not 13 like the netflix marvel shows, those always dragged on

I rather have good pacing then more episode's

Status
Not open for further replies.