• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
This was a really good episode. Definitely a lot more focused than the first episode with a very continuous story without jumping between several different plot lines. I really enjoyed all of the stuff with Hawk and Dove, and the Dick/Rachel relationship remains pretty enjoyable.

After the end of that episode the next week is going to be a real tough wait.

rokero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I am pleasantly surprised by how much I'm enjoying this series, the action has been great both episodes
. Robin's attack on the weapons dealer's was straight out of BvS

Cabbagehead

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Hawk and Dove are really good additions. Felt like they half belonged in Watchmen though.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I do like that Robin clearly has history that is not at all limited to just Batman in this. I'm going to be subscribing tonight. I keep putting it off and I want to watch this and I'm liking what I'm hearing so far but has there been any mention of Superman yet. I assume he exist but any overt mention of him so far?

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Is it weird that I am actually quite liking what I am seeing so far?

Like many others, I laughed it off after seeing leaked on-set footage and never really expected to like it as much as I am doing. This, in some ways, reminds me Watchmen.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Whew Dove's wig. This show is still entertaining so far. They don't need to drop the f-bomb every other second though.

Nuclear Family is a REALLY deep cut lmao

Oct 25, 2017
The REAL Titans would eat pinapple pizza.

latest

362.jpg

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8xNzIvMzA2L2kwMi9UTlNSRUJfMV8yYS5qcGc=

Nope

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Whew Dove's wig. This show is still entertaining so far. They don't need to drop the f-bomb every other second though.

Nuclear Family is a REALLY deep cut lmao

Not really. I think they have come up in at least one of the cartoons recently (Justice League Action?).

Deep, but not as much as it would have been a year ago.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
It's a deep cut. Nobody watches JLA at 4 in the morning when it airs and as far as I know they haven't been in comics recently.

Not... nobody! :P

Second episode is much better than first. I think having a clear focus and an episode specific arc while still building to more... and I guess a runtime closer to normal TV.

Vakuf

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad this is a thing after Gotham is ending after this next season. It's pretty damn good.

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I'm loving this. If this doesnt shit the bed as it goes on I'd love if they built a "DC Universe" universe out of this. I also chuckled at the pineapple on pizza bit.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
Hank and Dawn are PERFECTLY cast.

This show is good. Better than it should be.

That dude from the fairly repugnant football "comedy" Blue Mountain State is excellent here and Minka Kelly is good too. I didn't view either as all that interesting actors but they did a real good job. The show is impressing me so much as a freshman egfort for the service and now has be intrigued for the other shows coming up.

Barrel_Roll

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I was getting a real White Canary/Caity Lotz vibe from Minkha Kelly, especially with the voice.

Shame that she appears to be dead

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I do like that Robin clearly has history that is not at all limited to just Batman in this. I'm going to be subscribing tonight. I keep putting it off and I want to watch this and I'm liking what I'm hearing so far but has there been any mention of Superman yet. I assume he exist but any overt mention of him so far?

No Superman hints so far.

I was getting a real White Canary/Caity Lotz vibe from Minkha Kelly, especially with the voice.

Shame that she appears to be dead

You don't get Minka Kelly for one episode. She will be back, you don't take a bigger name like her just for this.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I will say one thing that not bugged me, but seemed like a missed opportunity

Dove notes that Dick seems much different now after their big fight, but during the flashback fight he seems pretty much as violent or at least as much blood spraying everywhere. Figured would have been great to actually have a dichotomy of his fighting style

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
No Superman hints so far.

You don't get Minka Kelly for one episode. She will be back, you don't take a bigger name like her just for this.
Actually thats exactly what you do for big name stars. Bring them in get their name attached and get rid of them as soon as possible because money.

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
I will say one thing that not bugged me, but seemed like a missed opportunity

Dove notes that Dick seems much different now after their big fight, but during the flashback fight he seems pretty much as violent or at least as much blood spraying everywhere. Figured would have been great to actually have a dichotomy of his fighting style

Fair, but...
In the flashback he doesn't stab anyone in the Grayson.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Minka isn't known for being an big actress or even had any major breakout roles before.

Her playing Dove is fire though.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
I finally watched the pilot. I would have done that much sooner if I had known Sherilyn Fenn was in it.

I loved every second of it. Well, except for the tag with Beast Boy. Which was fine, but didn't quite fit.

Anyway, this show is the perfect blend of 90s / early 00s emo shit the Titans were always destined to be. It is very much an Ultimate Marvel version of the team, with some of the key characters being reinvented in interesting ways, like Starfire. Her origins and motivations are a very fun mystery so far.

And yes, I totally trashed the show on here based on the trailers and early pics. But in my defense they did a really bad job of promoting it. It's actually a great looking show visually, with a cinematography very reminiscent of Gotham.

The guy playing Dick Grayson was perfect. He's a great anchor for the story so far. And I liked Raven a lot too.

Also... It was funny to see Akiva Goldsman's name all over the credits, hah.

Status
Not open for further replies.