Status
Not open for further replies.

MonoStable

Oct 27, 2017
Man I've been out if the dating game for a bit but you mean to tell me I was supposed to lie about my height? Shit I could have been 6' this whole time.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
Making fun of short guys continues to be acceptable by the internet and this site apparently. Good look there era

"Manlet" needs to die (not that it will). I expect to see that on bodybuilding.com, not places that aren't supposed to be overrun by shitposts and bro culture.

SmokingBun

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
We do need weight verification too, I mean that's something you can change at the very least but not height.

Deleted member 25712

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
is 5'6 really that short anyways? :\

It's below average for men, and borders on where an average woman (5'4 I think?) might be equal or taller wearing heals...which is the main complaint I've ever heard from women about shorter men.

I don't think being 6'2 has really helped me out over the years except for girls that were above average in height. Like...I never ran into anyone that had an arbitrary "must be 6 foot" requirement, the one criterion was they can't be taller than the guy...which I understand, but I'd really question if I'd want to date anyone with a checklist much beyond that.

Eidan

AVALANCHE
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Do guys really get hung up on their height, I mean as long as you arent as tall a child it shouldn't matter no?
I've gone on dates with women who are 5'7". Some have gotten hung up about my height. I'm 5'11". Since they tend to wear heels on a date, that get anxious that, though I'm still taller, I'm not towering above them in their heels.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
Height shaming is funny, god forbid you say anything about anything physical about anyone.
But you can put no short people in a profile and that's cool

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Well, me and my six feet of solid flab are still safe... until they add weight verification.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
As a 6'2" dude, I always dated super short girls (typically around 5') cause that's what I was *typically *most attracted to.

I always did have way more "first impression" luck, though, with taller woman. Woman over 5'8" or 5'9" definitely gave me an easier "shot" because of my height.

Eventually - funny enough - I married my wife who is 5'9" and would agree with everything I've said especially since she knew a few of the girls I dated.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't matter I'm 8'4
Also the arbitrary 6' threshold based on a shit size unit never stops being hilarious

nevercomehome

Oct 25, 2017
As a 5'8" man myself I have never been self conscious about my height. I've known shorter men, taller women, and everything else in between and I have never been in a position where I felt bad about being under 6'0"

On a related note, I find it bizarre when a man refuses to date a woman taller than them. I've known dudes that will say shit like "[name] is perfect for me. We really hit it off. It's a shame she's tall :("

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You don't need the "/s" because they wouldn't dare have a weight verification joke for April Fools. And I say that as a guy who is over 6' tall. It's weird how acceptable it is to make fun of dudes of average or below-average height. Frankly it's unacceptable.

I'm 5'7 but I'm not offended if only because it's a reality I've accepted long ago. Mayyyybe in the near future making fun of height will be seen as body shaming, and it really should honestly since unlike weight it's something that can't be changed, but not even Era is there yet.

I'm 5'9 on the greatest day of my life, but height has honestly never been an issue with women. The only time I see it come up is on this very forum. Could be an american thing, maybe? There's so much insecurity and bitterness in this thread alone.

It very much is an American thing, other cultures care far less about height. I've lived in several countries and have used Tinder there, and when traveling, and it's literally only in the US, or with expats/US travelers that you see girls in their bio talk about height. Obviously there are exceptions.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
The funny part is I had to think if this was a prank for a second because of how serious people take that shit.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You don't need the "/s" because they wouldn't dare have a weight verification joke for April Fools. And I say that as a guy who is over 6' tall. It's weird how acceptable it is to make fun of dudes of average or below-average height. Frankly it's unacceptable.
It's because men have historically ruined dating for women for almost all time. Men have ridiculous standards in women: weight, fitness, looks, etc. There are so many shallow men out there who are horribly disgusting to women, and now when there's a chance for women to curate their own dating life (same as how men have had for a long ass time) the dating world is now rigged or unfair or cruel to men. Next time, men, you feel as if that gorgeous 10/10 bombshell turns you down because of your height then maybe you should reflect, lower your standards, and give more women a chance.

Fyi, if you complain about their height standards then you should absolutely not care if a woman doesn't shave her legs, arm pits, or puts on make-up. If anything, this April Fools Joke just illuminates how delicate men are when it comes to dating and double standards.

softfocus

Oct 30, 2017
Eh, I'm 5'8 and I'm not offended by it. Guys lie about their height a lot, because they know taller guys are more likely to get matches. I would vote for having both this height verification, then forcing people to post at least 2 pictures with no Snap filters.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm 5'7 but I'm not offended if only because it's a reality I've accepted long ago. Mayyyybe in the near future making fun of height will be seen as body shaming, and it really should honestly since unlike weight it's something that can't be changed, but not even Era is there yet.

It very much is an American thing, other cultures care far less about height. I've lived in several countries and have used Tinder there, and when traveling, and it's literally only in the US, or with expats/US travelers that you see girls in their bio talk about height. Obviously there are exceptions.
Well it depends what countries have you been to? Places like Mexico, Japan, Asia you will be seen as a giant even if you are 5'10.

Oct 29, 2017

Era is not the bastion of inclusivity some poeople like to characterize it as sometimes.

Oct 27, 2017
Fyi, if you complain about their height standards then you should absolutely not care if a woman doesn't shave her legs, arm pits, or puts on make-up. If anything, this April Fools Joke just illuminates how delicate men are when it comes to dating and double standards.
I love how the equivalent standards to genetics are always things that anyone can do.

CarpeDeezNutz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm 5'6" never lied about my height, got dates and whatnot until I found my wife on Okcupid 5 years ago.

Why would you lie about height if your goal is to meet them in person at some point? I guess its the same as women and their Myspace angle pictures.

Thunder11

Oct 27, 2017
It's because men have historically ruined dating for women for almost all time. Men have ridiculous standards in women: weight, fitness, looks, etc. There are so many shallow men out there who are horribly disgusting to women, and now when there's a chance for women to curate their own dating life (same as how men have had for a long ass time) the dating world is now rigged or unfair or cruel to men. Next time, men, you feel as if that gorgeous 10/10 bombshell turns you down because of your height then maybe you should reflect, lower your standards, and give more women a chance.

What is it with your stubborn whataboutism every time height is brought up? Give it a rest

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada

Oh fuck off. In no way is making fun of men for being short acceptable. It's the same thing as laughing at them for having a small dick which I'm sure you would agree is stupid and shallow as fuck. Nothing can be done to remedy either situation as well which just makes it worse.

Tinder has led to dating now being the most vapid, shallow thing ever. It's led to people being treated as commodities or products and shit like this joke only serves to perpetuate that attitude toward other people.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
This application has to be the greatest example of all the vanity and pride that embodies the internet and all that's wrong with it.

Agreed. Im married and old now, but Ill never understand it. Im not a prude or anything, nor was I some angel; but the very idea of signing up for an app that you KNOW is basically used for people just looking to smash.... Something about that has always rubbed me wrong. I wouldn't have ever been able to do that.

All the judgemental stuff is just the terrible icing on an already embarrassingly bad cake.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Jokes aside, tinder needs to at least implement profile verification like bumble to get rid of all the bots.

dyst

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh fuck off. In no way is making fun of men for being short acceptable. It's the same thing as laughing at them for having a small dick which I'm sure you would agree is stupid and shallow as fuck. Nothing can be done to remedy either situation as well which just makes it worse.

Tinder has led to dating now being the most vapid, shallow thing ever. It's led to people being treated as commodities or products and shit like this joke only serves to perpetuate that attitude toward other people.
The male bashing is ridiculous sometimes. As if men don't have to weed through the countless terrible women who expect their bills paid, dinners paid for, job criteria, money criteria, car criteria, hobby criteria, height, hair, fitness. These idiots who think its one sided are truly idiots.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
The male bashing is ridiculous sometimes. As if men don't have to weed through the countless terrible women who expect their bills paid, dinners paid for, job criteria, money criteria, car criteria, hobby criteria, height, hair, fitness. These idiots who think its one sided are truly idiots.
+1 It really is a two way street.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind if people have their preferences but blacklisting based on a single trait seems like a disservice to yourself in terms of finding someone truly compatible.

What if there is a great guy out there who is vertically challenged?

What if you are highly attracted to a taller woman?

I guess we should also discern between finding a life partner and hooking up. One is always more shallow when it comes to the latter, no?

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I love how the equivalent standards to genetics are always things that anyone can do.
Hair on women is natural but men overwhelming want women to shave. Remember that thread a while ago about if men think women should shave? Men have ridiculous standards for women to the point where a lot of men won't date overweight women or simply disregard them but men are allowed to get a dad bod 'cause LOL we're men who gives a shit, right? There's a lot of hypocrisy in men when it comes to dating because men feel they are deserved the best. Like, the amount of men who subtlety shame their partner due to their weight is really high and society reinforces that by desiring women to look at a certain way.

You can say, "But that can be changed", but that's not the point, the point is there's this huge double standard in overall standards to where men are allowed to be things their partner cannot be. Want women to start being more accepting about who they want to date? Start by setting an example. Don't want to? Don't expect people who have been historically pigeonhold'd into certain standards to care.

Like, I get what you're saying but this doesn't exist in a vacuum. There's a huge power imbalance when it comes to dating to the point where a lot of men don't realize just how picky they are and won't even try to change it. Like, there are dudes who rate women out of 10 but then want to only date in their minds a 8+. Then when women use that same criteria it is now bad? A lot of these women who have height requirements aren't actually going, "BYE SHORTY, DON'T DIE ALONE MANLET" then block you. It's more they just don't talk to you or say, "No men under 5'11" in their profile, but that raises the question: where's all the ire from men who believe men shouldn't write on their profiles, "No fat chicks". Probably a small amount do because why care? It's not affecting you. Tinder didn't make dating shallow, vapid, or whatever, it was already like that, it just now gives women the chance to be more selective, the same type men have had for a long, long time. If you want to find that unfair then sure, but why weren't you this vocal before? That itself should help you answer why.

Last edited:

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
This is shitty, but I couldn't imagine being attracted to the type of person who has a height requirement in the first place, so this kind of makes things easier for everyone.

Deleted member 225

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would say step aside fellas, but I'm tall so I can just step over you.

Honestly being tall is overratered. People are always asking you to reach for things. And you randomly hit your head on things. Or arms I can't tell you how many times I've destroyed my hands putting a shirt on because of a ceiling fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.