• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Sometimes I've wondered if I should just add a couple of inches to my 6'5 height not because I feel a need to pad it but because it always shocks people how tall that actually is when you're not padding it.

Last edited:

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
not that I can actually see myself ever using Tinder, but any company that does an april fools day joke before it's april fools day instantly goes on my never support ever again list... so I at least won't recommend my friends trying it out anymore.

I love April Fools, but there are rules -_-
The simple one is... it's gotta be April 1st where you are located when you post the joke :/

TheLucasLite

Aug 27, 2018
I love March 29th jokes, they're hilarious. Haha, gotcha! March 29th! I love to shout it, after I prank my friends.

Deleted member 35011

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Man I feel you on being weirded out on your friends having posture issues. Some of mine suffer from the same thing and it kills me at times.

And yeah you were on the nose with their being other issues if they are 5'9 and 5'10 lol. Now just out of curiosity are they struggling with online dating or IRL dating? Cause if it's the former that actually won't take longer then 1 hour to fix.

Glad I'm not the only one that dies when they see the posture thing lol

They are struggling with both to be honest. I know that online they don't really get many matches, but when they do, it seems like it doesn't go past one date. And in person...about the same, to be honest. I haven't paid that much attention to their dating attempts, but yeah I imagine their issues aren't height despite them claiming as much. I mean I haven't seen them interact with their dates before so who knows, maybe they're telling the truth? It's just, well, yeah.

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
It's weird but that's how it is, people still consider 5'10'' to be short. At least in the dating/hook up world. I have no idea why. Always thought it was average/a bit tall? I dunno.

I would say 5'8" to about 6'0" is average. At least in North America. Short and tall to me are people that stick out immediately compared to others. I think the best advantage tall people have is that they stand out in every group they're in and draw everyone's eye in the room. Short people unfortunately are the exact opposite.

TickleMeElbow

Oct 31, 2017
It's weird but that's how it is, people still consider 5'10'' to be short. At least in the dating/hook up world. I have no idea why. Always thought it was average/a bit tall? I dunno.

Prolly because 5'10" dudes lie and just say they're 6', and 5'8" dudes claim 5'10", etc.

So when someone says they're 5'10" people imagine someone shorter than actual 5'10" lol.

I'm actually 5'10" and no one has ever called me short. Dudes even try to say I'm taller than 5'10" because they're 5'10" and I'm taller than them lol.

devilhawk

Oct 27, 2017
The reason height absolutely matters on dating apps is because girls have little reason for it not to. Most girls aren't going to have a lack of options when swiping so it if it comes down to "random guy I don't know much about versus this other random guy I don't know much about who is 4 inches taller," it seems fairly straightforward. As many have said, when real world and personality become involved, height matters much less.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Making fun of short guys continues to be acceptable by the internet and this site apparently. Good look there era

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
I said I was 6'1" for years, but at one point I had a date who said she was also 6'1" when I was obviously slightly taller, so now I say I'm 6'2".

dyst

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can we get an age verification also. I know these ladies are at least 10 years older than stated.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Prolly because 5'10" dudes lie and just say they're 6', and 5'8" dudes claim 5'10", etc.

So when someone says they're 5'10" people imagine someone shorter than actual 5'10" lol.

I'm actually 5'10" and no one has ever called me short. Dudes even try to say I'm taller than 5'10" because they're 5'10" and I'm taller than them lol.

Yeah I'm 5'10" 1/2 and see this all the time.

My wife is 5'7" and she's always calling out dudes at bars. She'll have me stand next to them. So many people add two inches to their height it's hilarious. We meet dudes short than I am trying to say they're 5'11"

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA
Man am I glad to be married and out of the game. I know that's a prank but it's plausible because of how it really is in the online dating world. I don't miss it. Thankfully I met my wife on match.com which is like old-school and shitty and didn't encourage such snap decision making/shallowness as Tinder. Everybody is much more interesting if you get more of a chance to talk to them and see what they're about beyond the profile picture.

Oct 29, 2017
Uhhh this is clearly a joke, I dunno how people thought otherwise.

In the very small chance that it isn't, lol @ Tinder. I mean, lol @ Tinder in general but this would be especially lol.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Idk what's more annoying in the responses - average height men complaining or tall men failing to stealth brag.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
Do guys really get hung up on their height, I mean as long as you arent as tall a child it shouldn't matter no?

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if it was a weight verification April fools? The chaos. But becuse it's aimed at men now it's funny. /s

You don't need the "/s" because they wouldn't dare have a weight verification joke for April Fools. And I say that as a guy who is over 6' tall. It's weird how acceptable it is to make fun of dudes of average or below-average height. Frankly it's unacceptable.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
I'm 5'9 on the greatest day of my life, but height has honestly never been an issue with women. The only time I see it come up is on this very forum. Could be an american thing, maybe? There's so much insecurity and bitterness in this thread alone.

Nov 30, 2018
This reminds me of a podcast I listened to about Jake Gyllenhaal and how he lied about his height and he finally gives confirmation that he's not "happily 6ft" he's like 5'11

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
Are they introducing weight verification too? Because that's the exact same fucking thing.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit, I don't believe in April fools so I thought this was real. Even if true you could easily trick it. Stand on your toes in your shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.