Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
What? They've been KILLING it lately! Both the crash remake and the THPS 1+2 remake were spectacular. Really wanted THPS 3+4.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
It is funny, I typically get sad when small companies are eaten up, like still quite annoyed about Microsoft buying Obsidian. But this? Best gaming news in a while. VV has done apparently nothing I care about in their entire history it seems. But they seem quite competent at what they do. Throwing some good talent at Blizzard is a win/win to me. It is a shame they are all part of Activision, but that was also the situation before today.

I do think if you're a Blizzard fan it's at least exciting. VV have shown they have talent with Crash and THPS. So Blizzard will be getting a lot of talented developers.

Shadout

Shinra Employee
Oct 27, 2017
I guess I was a fan of past-Blizzard, and not much of current-Blizzard. But yes, anything that might offer a chance for some talent in Blizzard again. I'll take that.

It is a shame I guess if VV never gets a chance to develop something else than Blizzard IPs again, for those who liked their games, but at the same time, nothing really stops them from developing a new THPS etc. under the Blizzard name, if Activision want it? Likely not happing anytime soon, but who knows what the situation is years from now. In theory they can do the exact same things under Blizzard as they could before. Since they are under Activision in both cases.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Sounds like Toys For Bob are now leading Crash and Spyro alongside Beenox... This is incredibly disappointing.

Also, Overwatch 2 is coming very soon if VV are needed to support at such a high capacity.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
And after how amazing 1+2 was. They could have used that to reboot hype and interest in the series. This is such a short sighted and bullshit move. And to help Blizzard do what? Make more rushed and shitty content?

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is THE WORST.

It's impossible to have a worse decision, other than shutting them.

After all the great work they have done, they get relegated to support team? It's baffling. Fucking hell.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly one of the craziest things is how EA has kind of ended up being an okay developer, furtively keeping their cash cow on the side with FUT.

But Activision is just blatantly taking on EA's old mantel and being utterly and completely shitty. Closing and merging devs, and being extremely scummy.
I don't know I feel like EA has always been a more consistent better publisher than Activision. Activision has always been doing this kind of stuff since late Xbox/Ps2 era

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
This is absolutely to help churn out Overwatch 2 and Diablo 4, likely because both will have heavy monetization flows, so they don't really care about new games, or remakes, for that matter.

All about the money, and neither Overwatch 2 or Diablo 4 will be any better because of it. Stupid.

Heazy

IT Tech
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK
It's super surprising how this didn't leak considering that's 200 folks terms of employment all updated to align with Blizzard.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
This is super sad to hear. That THPS remake was so damn good. I wanted more badly.

Thecrisisking

Mar 24, 2020
It's a completely employment change. I'm sure they knew.

You don't leave the office on a Friday and then wake up Monday to find your ToE have completely changed without accepting and agreeing to it.

Having previously lived in Albany for 15-16 years, I became friends with a few people at VV. Their words "not everyone knew about it".

Bathory

Dec 8, 2020
Blizzard and Activision can go to hell, VV made a huge comeback for Crash and Tony Hawk only to have to support Blizzard games :( there goes my dream of TH 3 + 4 and Underground

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Blizzard and Activision can go to hell, VV made a huge comeback for Crash and Tony Hawk only to have to support Blizzard games :( there goes my dream of TH 3 + 4 and Underground
These takes are weird. For all we know they'll end up working on a Blizzard property that's not a main line title performing similar feats. Crash 4 has continued the comeback for Crash, there wasn't anything left for VV to do on the Crash front.

Oct 27, 2017
You know what else sucks about this?
When the suit at the top needs a bonus he will fire some of them. This happened before too.

Today sucks hard.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
A real shame but understandable, Blizzard needs all the talent and help it can get nowadays.

In an ideal world or other dimension, it would be happening the other way round.