Oct 27, 2017
It was just a twitter poll by Sky News so take it with a huge grain of salt.

DxYaIWcWkAEKoP-.jpg:small
Oh man, you guys are fucked.

ManixMiner

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
The Un-united Kingdom
It was just a twitter poll by Sky News so take it with a huge grain of salt.

DxYaIWcWkAEKoP-.jpg:small

It's not an endorsement for a no deal Brexit they're just asking do you what a no-deal means and 26% think it means we default back to our EU membership not crashing out without an agreement in place and fucking everything up.

If anything this just show's why this subject should have never been put to a public vote they don't know whats good for them.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that poll means nothing. It's just asking for the definition of no deal.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
At this point, I don't see the deal being voted through, and I don't see any of these career politicians doing what's right for the country and revoking A50, so I've resided myself to No Deal, and will be buying food accordingly.

I can only hope No Deal fucks the country so hard we beg the EU to have us back, and we accept all the terms they put on our re-entry.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
At this point (and I know many of you will disagree) I am at the point where I think as a country we need to go through no deal, because holy shit we will go back cap in hand in 5 years, and even take on the Euro

I feel like as a country we want to commit economic suicide but keep being stopped, at some point the people who keep stopping you have to realise you will find a way to do it regardless and have to say 'go on then'

Last edited:

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
I don't really care about the euro too much, i think we would be better off without it and staying in, let's see where we are then I suppose.

Garfield

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Amber Rudd has threatened to resign if the party is not allowed a free vote on blocking no deal...

The real question is will the ERG bring down the Gov if they feel they are about to lose their hard Brexit

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not an endorsement for a no deal Brexit they're just asking do you what a no-deal means and 26% think it means we default back to our EU membership not crashing out without an agreement in place and fucking everything up.

If anything this just show's why this subject should have never been put to a public vote they don't know whats good for them.
As if it's not easy to spam a tweet with twitter bots to declare no deal the best thing since 1966. I would love Sky to report on this and show that some people really do understand this shit. But also, I don't believe that some bad actor wouldn't fuck the numbers to say "I'm ok with this"

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
When we've had No Deal and we're begging to be let back in, we won't be in a position to refuse the Euro.

Best we get is Sweden-style where they just don't fulfill the criteria.

Yeah, 5-10 years of shit hitting the fan is when people will start to reconsider the euro, if we're trying to get back in then there will have been a political shift for a reason.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I wonder if they'll be a measurable exodus of British folk after the inevitable happens. We're seeing companies do it ofc, but I wonder what it takes for Brits en mass to bail and go to Finland or something.

ManixMiner

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
The Un-united Kingdom
As if it's not easy to spam a tweet with twitter bots to declare no deal the best thing since 1966. I would love Sky to report on this and show that some people really do understand this shit. But also, I don't believe that some bad actor wouldn't fuck the numbers to say "I'm ok with this"

Ofc it's Twitter so a grain of salt is needed lol. Yeh it just goes to show that a public vote on something that is as complicated as leaving the EU should never have happened. I look forward to the enquires afterwards.

When we've had No Deal and we're begging to be let back in, we won't be in a position to refuse the Euro.

We wouldn't be eligible for the Euro anyway and at that point we would have already felt the economic hit and starting to recover. Trade agreements would have started to kick in and hopefully investment will start again. Have to hope for the best if hard Brexit hits ofc the first few years will be bad.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland

Even without no deal we'll be back without all the rebates and pound.

We're just giving that shit up for a shitter future for a few parliaments to end up back in with a worse hand. But that's okay because the people that put us there will be dead by then so they don't give a shit

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
We wouldn't be eligible for the Euro anyway and at that point we would have already felt the economic hit and starting to recover. Trade agreements would have started to kick in and hopefully investment will start again. Have to hope for the best if hard Brexit hits ofc the first few years will be bad.
[/QUOTE]

You're more of an optimist than I am, I remember Thatcher and the pain of de-industrialisation but at least we had her shift to the single market and being a centre for EU inward investment. I don't see any planning for the future beyond reinventing the wheel of trade deals we already have.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Hammond is also going off reservation, calling No Deal a 'betrayal' of the referendum result that would 'undermine prosperity'.

So that's a Minister and the Chancellor both calling May out over her No Deal bollocks.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Everyone's knows no deal is bollocks but somehow plausible because May is a lunatic stuck in save the Tory party mode and delivering Brexit, one and same I suppose.

It is worrying that they are pushing for May's deal, even business is thinking just take it. I hope they don't blink, still hope it's possible to remain.

My parents have changed their tune on Brexit, now say they were lied to, didn't know enough, should be given another say, starting to see the con artists for what they are. I'll give them that, I know immigration fears got them good at the time but I'm satisfied they have come around.

It may not mean anything to everyone else but it's heating up fast now, stories are coming thick and fast, who knows if the winds change enough but politicians have to keep knocking May back, don't cave.

ManixMiner

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
The Un-united Kingdom

You're more of an optimist than I am, I remember Thatcher and the pain of de-industrialisation but at least we had her shift to the single market and being a centre for EU inward investment. I don't see any planning for the future beyond reinventing the wheel of trade deals we already have.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Yeh gotta hope that things will turn around eventually after Brexit. We're sorely lacking in the leader department though and Maybot needs to be taken offline for debugging.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I feel increasingly pessimistic.

This is the normal mood right?

I don't reserve any particular illusions that anything good will happen and there will be only suffering for the masses.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I feel increasingly pessimistic.

This is the normal mood right?

I don't reserve any particular illusions that anything good will happen and there will be only suffering for the masses.
That's how I feel. I don't really see what reason anyone has to think there'll be some pain after Brexit, but then things will recover. Like, what's going to drive that recovery?

blaze

Oct 25, 2017
UK

The UK would fare better with the Euro compared to a lot of countries in the EU anyway, there's absolutely no way you'd be able to sell the idea to the public though, they'd happily go through decades of decline just to not have it so it's a pointless thing for the EU to even demand if it was the UK asked to rejoin later on, the EU may as well just say no at the very start and avoid all the hassle.

Garfield

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
I don't know how accurate this is at moment. But radio 5 are reporting that the DUP are close to agreeing to back Mays deal, as there will be an amendment making the backstop time limited

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how accurate this is at moment. But radio 5 are reporting that the DUP are close to agreeing to back Mays deal, as there will be an amendment making the backstop time limited
If that amended deal is accepted by the UK parliament there's still no deal because the EU will simply tell them to fuck off.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Doesn't an international treaty take precedence anyway even if it passed?
Sounds like the DUP caving if anything unless May knows something we don't.

Garfield

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
I have not seen anything from any other news sources on the DUP deal, so wonder if they were mis informed, besides the EU parliament said yesterday they would block anything that did not include a backstop

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
The DUP, as they've always said, will support the deal if the backstop is legally changed. A time limit to it would satisfy them and most of the ERG.

There's an amendment being voted on next week that insists on the backstop being time limited to December 31st 2021. They'll likely vote for that. If it passes then May can go back to Brussels and argue for it. For all of two seconds before the EU tell her the withdrawal agreement isn't being changed.

It'll be interesting to see what happens afterwards too. If May accepts the amendment then that's pretty clear bad faith negotiation, so that won't please the EU either.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
The DUP, as they've always said, will support the deal if the backstop is legally changed. A time limit to it would satisfy them and most of the ERG.

There's an amendment being voted on next week that insists on the backstop being time limited to December 31st 2021. They'll likely vote for that. If it passes then May can go back to Brussels and argue for it. For all of two seconds before the EU tell her the withdrawal agreement isn't being changed.

It'll be interesting to see what happens afterwards too. If May accepts the amendment then that's pretty clear bad faith negotiation, so that won't please the EU either.
Any deal the DUP approves for with regards to the border will probably be toxic for the government of the Republic of Ireland in a way that would break the agreement.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
In the DUP's mind, what happens if no deal is reached by December 31st 2021?
The best time for them begins, let's go back to the Troubles!
Edit: They are Unionists, so it would mean that a hard border would be put in place between both Irelands as it is more important to keep the connection with the rest of UK than with Republic of Ireland.