Oct 26, 2017
I think there's not much to do but take the hard pill. Yonagi was by far the best female protagonist Jump had in years and I don't want her to be discarded, but as you said she was as both Usazaki's and that trash's. Maybe in a few years Usazaki want to reclaim her, or reboot Act Age on her own, and I will support her then., but I understand if she wants to forget her entirely. And for that, for the time being I can't recommend the manga anymore.
That's understandable and a very valid point. Fans of the character will have to move on because her creator is trash.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's not exactly 20. The TL;DR is this. The age of majority depends on some factors. 15/16 is about the age where you finish Middle School and then can move onto: Working, Trade School, High School, or take a break. From what my friend said working in the school system there, a number of his Middle School students decided to go into working jobs rather than pursuing High School, despite the last year of Middle School is enlarge preparation for High School entrance exams. 18 is where they consider you legal for the adult industry and among other things (including sexual activity). The marriage laws are a bit weird and I know there's been attempts to revise them, but the situation has led to infighting, if I recall.

20 is the final part of the age of majority, which includes drinking, smoking, and such. Think of this similar to the US system in that particular regards. Majority of the prefectures are 17/18 for age of consent, that said despite the national age of consent being 13, with only a few as low as 15 (to my knowledge). Not that I will ever defend the lowest age range on the prefectures (including the fact the national age of consent has not been updated either), but I wanted to note the general context before anyone tries to bring this up.

Regardless, in no way what the writer did is right, especially given the age of the girls enlarge is 12-15. It wouldn't make it any better if they were of legal age, and in fact makes the act worse and disgusting the fact he'd pray on women who were still minors. Like, what the fuck.

Also, to the other poster(s) in this thread: please do not use the "What is the legal age" to even try to make this better. It isn't. It will never be. And in fact, tries to downplay the seriousness of this.

Deleted member 4532

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not exactly 20. The TL;DR is this. The age of majority depends on some factors. 15/16 is about the age where you finish Middle School and then can move onto: Working, Trade School, High School, or take a break. From what my friend said working in the school system there, a number of his Middle School students decided to go into working jobs rather than pursuing High School, despite the last year of Middle School is enlarge preparation for High School entrance exams. 18 is where they consider you legal for the adult industry and among other things (including sexual activity). The marriage laws are a bit weird and I know there's been attempts to revise them, but the situation has led to infighting, if I recall.

20 is the final part of the age of majority, which includes drinking, smoking, and such. Think of this similar to the US system in that particular regards. Majority of the prefectures are 17/18 for age of consent, that said despite the national age of consent being 13, with only a few as low as 15 (to my knowledge). Not that I will ever defend the lowest age range on the prefectures (including the fact the national age of consent has not been updated either), but I wanted to note the general context before anyone tries to bring this up.

Regardless, in no way what the writer did is right, especially given the age of the girls enlarge is 12-15. It wouldn't make it any better if they were of legal age, and in fact makes the act worse and disgusting the fact he'd pray on women who were still minors. Like, what the fuck.

Also, to the other poster(s) in this thread: please do not use the "What is the legal age" to even try to make this better. It isn't. It will never be. And in fact, tries to downplay the seriousness of this.
Good post! I didn't know about the bolded though. I thought it was like in America where you go straight to High School.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Good riddance to trash.

I hope the artist gets work though. She is extremely talented, and I would love to see someone not-shitty work with her.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
RIP Kei Yonagi, one of the coolest female leads in a manga in recent memory. If only you didn't come from the mind of a piece of shit predator.

I don't think we'll have to worry about the artist, she appears to be getting big support and not being associated with what the dumbass writer did.

Zero-ELEC

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Fuuuuck this guy. I'll admit to being disappointed that Act-Age won't continue, as it was one of my favourite ongoing Jump series, but honestly? I'd rather the series be cancelled than reading more from him. Hope the super talented artist gets work, they really brought the characters to life, the way they portrayed prescense was amazing and honestly the art more than made the series.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Sounds like he was released and then re-arrested for additional charges for a separate older crime.

Deleted member 2840

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
www.animenewsnetwork.com

Court Hands Suspended Sentence to act-age Manga Writer Tatsuya Matsuki for Indecent Act

Matsuki will not serve 18 months in prison, if he remains on good behavior for 3 years

Update.

The Tokyo District Court handed a guilty verdict and sentence to act-age manga writer Tatsuya Matsuki on the charge of committing a coerced indecent act on a female middle school student on Wednesday. Matsuki is sentenced to one year and six months in prison, but the sentence is suspended for three years. (If Matsuki remains in good behavior for three years, he will not serve time in prison.)

"If Matsuki remains in good behavior for three years, he will not serve time in prison. "

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
So if he doesn't get caught red handed again, he gets away scot free with trying to get with a middle school girl...

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck this sentence, disgusting. I swear to god if fucking Shueisha hires this fucker again like they did with Shimabukuro.