• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
This guy makes good music. A rarity nowadays.

fetchimage

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
The Weeknd is one of the only mainstream radio musicians I really enjoy listening to with each new release. Can't wait. Reading how him and Jim Carrey bonded over their love of telescopes is cute.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
I was honestly surprised that "Take My Breath" or that collab he did with Post didn't blow up more. I liked them both.

Oct 29, 2017
People being shocked that OPN is on this forget that The Weeknd got a big mainstream push in a movie OPN scored (Uncut Gems), and featured on the latest OPN album... and OPN directed his halftime show.

That being said, I also haven't actively sought out his music, just kinda heard it from existing in a society (grocery stores, old retail job, etc), but his stuff does have Atmos mixes, so this will almost certainly be in Atmos day 1 so I'll check it out

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
I really enjoyed After Hours when it released. One of the better and more unexpected top albums of last year. I'll give this a listen when it releases.

ViewtifulJux

Oct 25, 2017
Jim Carrey will probably be the radio host or something, judging by that trailer this is gonna have some influences from OPN's last album.

Edit: The radio host at the end is most definitely Jim Carrey lol

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Going by the trailer in the OP Jim Carrey is narrating the record as a radio host.

edit:

In an interview with Billboard on November 23, 2021, the Weeknd said to "picture the album being like the listener is dead. And they're stuck in this purgatory state, which I always imagined would be like being stuck in traffic waiting to reach the light at the end of the tunnel." He continued, "And while you're stuck in traffic, they got a radio station playing in the car, with a radio host guiding you to the light and helping you transition to the other side. So it could feel celebratory, could feel bleak, however, you want to make it feel, but that's what "The Dawn" is for me."

Last edited:

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Going by the trailer in the OP Jim Carrey is narrating the record as a radio host.

edit:

In an interview with Billboard on November 23, 2021, the Weeknd said to "picture the album being like the listener is dead. And they're stuck in this purgatory state, which I always imagined would be like being stuck in traffic waiting to reach the light at the end of the tunnel." He continued, "And while you're stuck in traffic, they got a radio station playing in the car, with a radio host guiding you to the light and helping you transition to the other side. So it could feel celebratory, could feel bleak, however, you want to make it feel, but that's what "The Dawn" is for me."

So that must be Jim at the end of the teaser video.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017

Potential tracklist (good leak)
Track 1: Dawn FM (feat. Jim Carrey)

Track 2: Gasoline

Track 3: How Can I Make You Love Me

Track 4: Take My Breath (Extended)

Track 5: Sacrifice

Track 6: A Tale By Quincy (feat. Quincy Jones)

Track 7: Out Of Time

Track 8: Here We Go Again (feat. Tyler The Creator)

Track 9: Best Friends (interlude)

Track 10: Is There Someone Else?

Track 11: Starry Eyes

Track 12: Every Angel Is Terrifying

Track 13: Don't Break My Heart

Track 14: I Heard You're Married (ft Lil Wayne)

Track 15: Less Than Zero

Track 16: May Peace Be With You (feat. Jim Carrey)

Last edited:

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't that Jim Carrey doing the voiceover in the song clip in the Twitter post?

I'm assuming he's sort of the "narrator" on the album. Still so random.
Not him in the clip, that's supposedly the song "sacrifice" which doesn't have him featured, but yeah he's probably the narrator
I never knew it but going off twitter they appear to be old friends lol

EDIT: He's talking in the teaser but it's not part of the song rather

Last edited:

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've liked his comeback with After Hours because I was not digging anything after Kissland, so Dawn FM has me hella excited