Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
This falls apart by asking the simple question of what bear are you talking about?
CL5mzm6WEAASUKm.png

Banana Nicole

Banned
May 26, 2023
Dark storm clouds hover over Castle Lockheed von Pfizer. Rain pelts the large window of the upper floor library. Inside, the dusty tomes containing the world's secrets are partially illuminated by the large hearth opposite to the window. A large, leather chair looms in front of the fire. Count Lockheed von Pfizer swirls his glass of brandy from a vintage older than the chair he occupies

The Count contemplates over how like the intoxicating digestif in his crystal glass, the order of the world resides in the clutches of his hand. There is a knock on the oak doors to the library that disturbs the Count's quiet contemplation.

"Come in," the Count beckons. His servant, Mr. Freemasons, makes his way to the Count's side.

"Sir, I'm sorry to intrude on you, but I have dire news to share. It's.... Russell Brand, sir."

The Count's grip suddenly spasms. There is a terrible crunch, followed by the sensations of brandy and blood trickling over and off his palm. "How many, Mr. Freemasons? How many of my secrets is he revealing on YouTube?"

"... enough, Sir."

"Freemasons, call Channel 4 right now. It's time"

View: https://media0.giphy.com/media/10JhviFuU2gWD6/giphy.gif

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017

Investigations of this type take years, just so you're aware.

Didn't the work on this story start in 2020 before he made the shift to "truth teller"/right winger?

Of course. There has to be A LOT of corroboration and fact checking to run a piece of this type, especially in the UK.

Probably and it's honestly best not to engage after this point, at least for me.

Not that this should come to any surprise, but it is absolutely insane how much leeaway you can get by being a lame white dude that can sell himself as an edgy provocateur. All these studios knew this man was a sick mess and just powered through it.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not that this should come to any surprise, but it is absolutely insane how much leeaway you can get by being a lame white dude that can sell himself as an edgy provocateur. All these studios knew this man was a sick mess and just powered through it.

Without the context of knowing this thread and the topic, I could read your post and wonder if you're talking about Matt Walsh, or Joe Rogan, or Jordan Peterson, etc

Banana Nicole

Banned
May 26, 2023
Just to be clear, to my limited understanding, Brand recently did a press junket where he was critical of the military industrial complex which I thought to be pretty outright damning. I wasn't aware of any pre-existing investigations into his past.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Just to be clear, to my limited understanding, Brand recently did a press junket where he was critical of the military industrial complex which I thought to be pretty outright damning. I wasn't aware of any pre-existing investigations into his past.
If you have a limited understanding, you don't have to comment you know

Deleted member 3924

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Calling out the military industrial complex being new or significant is funny. Next they'll send agents after John Oliver or any political youtuber.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Being critical of the military industrial complex leads to Channel 4 putting out an investigation into you

Lol wut

Trunchisholm

Oct 31, 2017
Lockheed bear surely pisses his pants every time Russell Brand opens his mouth to criticise the military industrial complex. I'm sure his claims give Lockheed's clients pause before buying military equipment from them.

DECK’ARD

Creator of Worms
Verified
Nov 26, 2017
UK
metro.co.uk

Russell Brand to be investigated by Jimmy Savile cops

The police unit was set up following the Jimmy Savile scandal.

A police unit that was set up following the Jimmy Savile scandal is now helping in the investigation of Russell Brand.

The Hydrant Programme, previously Operation Hydrant, was originally established in 2014 to coordinate the response to non-recent sexual abuse and has now confirmed their officers will be supporting the Met Police with inquiries.

A spokesman for the operation said: 'We are working with the Metropolitan Police in support of their response to recent allegations, and would urge any victim or survivor who feels ready to report any allegations of sexual assault to come forward and speak to officers.'

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Why did YouTube cut off Brand's revenue? I am unfamiliar with his channel.

He's a rapist and they don't want to be associated with him, so they don't pay him for ad views anymore. The content of his channel doesn't matter - he is a rapist.

Of course there are lots of other dreadful people who make money from YouTube ads, but Brand is in the news so it's an easy PR win for Google.

Brand can still make money from sponsorships on his channel, but I expect fewer companies will want to sponsor him now.

wollywinka

Feb 15, 2018
He's a rapist and they don't want to be associated with him, so they don't pay him for ad views anymore. The content of his channel doesn't matter - he is a rapist.

Of course there are lots of other dreadful people who make money from YouTube ads, but Brand is in the news so it's an easy PR win for Google.

Brand can still make money from sponsorships on his channel, but I expect fewer companies will want to sponsor him now.
Makes total sense. No one is going to want their ads on his channel. His brand is toxic. Well, maybe not to all the subscribers who are saying "We love and support you, Russell", but still.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
He's put a new video up and he looks scared to death. Blithering on about free speech and how they're trying to take him down. Forgets to deny those allegations that he sexually assaulted multiple women. Oops, that'd be the first thing I'd do! Guess he's got a lot on his mind.

I won't link it, but he has been demonitised so you're not giving him money if you watch. Do not read the comments.

OP
OP
It’s Time To Go
Dec 2, 2017
Another woman has come forward

A woman has told Sky News that Russell Brand made her feel "vulnerable and intimidated" - and alleges he refused to call her a taxi until she performed a sex act.

It comes as new allegations continue to emerge about the comedian's behaviour, as another organisation cut ties with him.

Sarah, whose name has been changed, claims she met Russell Brandon an aeroplane where he "seemed friendly and charming".

He invited her for breakfast and a walk after the flight and she agreed to travel in his limousine.

"He changed," she says, "like he wasn't friendly and charming in the limo. He was aggressive and I felt very vulnerable and intimidated."

She describes Brand "jumping" on her.

news.sky.com

Russell Brand 'ripped holes in woman's tights' and 'refused to call her taxi until she performed a sex act'

A woman - who met the comedian on a flight - alleges he made her feel "vulnerable and intimidated" with his "aggressive behaviour". Brand has previously insisted all his sexual relationships have been consensual.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Rumble refused to demonitise Brand's videos, so a number of large companies have pulled their ads from the platform, including Burger King and ASOS. I wonder if Rumble will stick to their guns now it's losing them money. I suppose they have to since "free speech" is their USP.

www.thenewsmovement.com

TNM | Russell Brand sexual assault allegations: Brands pull ads from his Rumble channel after News Movement investigation

Hello Fresh said: “Thanks for pointing this out to us. We have manually removed our ads from Rumble.”

(that site is a bit amateur-looking, but it's the source of other articles like this one in the Guardian.)

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Rumble refused to demonitise Brand's videos, so a number of large companies have pulled their ads from the platform, including Burger King and ASOS. I wonder if Rumble will stick to their guns now it's losing them money. I suppose they have to since "free speech" is their USP.
Kinda shocked BK was already there, since being a den of complete shitholes is the entire mission statement of Rumble

Zaph

Oct 25, 2017
He's put a new video up and he looks scared to death. Blithering on about free speech and how they're trying to take him down. Forgets to deny those allegations that he sexually assaulted multiple women. Oops, that'd be the first thing I'd do! Guess he's got a lot on his mind.

I won't link it, but he has been demonitised so you're not giving him money if you watch. Do not read the comments.
I think danny masterson 30 years has sacred the shit out of predators with "historic" crimes. They've realised the world has changed and it doesn't take 50 women with photographic evidence to get a serious sentence anymore.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK

www.thenewsmovement.com

TNM | Russell Brand sexual assault allegations: Brands pull ads from his Rumble channel after News Movement investigation

Hello Fresh said: “Thanks for pointing this out to us. We have manually removed our ads from Rumble.”

(that site is a bit amateur-looking, but it's the source of other articles like this one in the Guardian.)
Rumble has still been losing money as it is apparently so any further reductions will hurt pretty bad.

Also considering they seem to be faking their views to inflate the numbers I would say things aren't looking good unless they have serious financial backers who are determined to keep it going.

View: https://youtu.be/29Dtz1bujtY?si=6hO5JuQlnhmfrdoy

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
During filming for the rom-com Arthur in July 2010 the comedian is alleged to have exposed himself to the anonymous woman before following her into a bathroom and sexually assaulting her.

Brand is facing accusations of rape, sexual assaults and emotional abuse after reports in the British media.
He denies the allegations and says his relationships were "always consensual".

Brand has yet to respond to the lawsuit.
British police have said they are investigating a number of claims made against Brand, but the case, filed with New York State Supreme Court on Friday, marks the first time any such accusations have been made in a lawsuit.

In an affidavit, the woman - referred to as Jane Doe - claims the actor had "appeared intoxicated, smelled of alcohol, and was carrying a bottle of vodka on set" before the assault on 7 July 2010.

He then exposed himself to his accuser in full view of the cast and crew, the papers say.
Later the same day the plaintiff says Brand entered the bathroom after her and assaulted her as "a member of production crew guarded the door from outside".
Film studio Warner Bros Pictures and other companies involved in the production are also named as defendants.

The woman says as a result of the alleged abuse she suffers from extreme embarrassment, shame and fear as well as finding it difficult to trust others.
She says she has professional concerns about being named in association with the case as she still works as an actor and fears she could be "blacklisted in the industry".
She is reported to be seeking unspecified damages from the British actor.
www.bbc.co.uk

Russell Brand: Woman accuses comedian of sexual assault on film set

The actor is accused of exposing himself and sexually assaulting an extra on set in a US lawsuit.
www.bbc.co.uk

Russell Brand: Woman accuses comedian of sexual assault on film set

The actor is accused of exposing himself and sexually assaulting an extra on set in a US lawsuit.
deadline.com

Russell Brand Accused Of Sexual Assault On Set Of ‘Arthur’; Film Extra Names Warner Bros In Suit

The unnamed actress included Warner Bros in her lawsuit, filed in the US on Friday.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA