• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish
Why would they intentionally let the economy tank even harder just a few short months before an election? I cannot for the life of me fathom the political calculus that led to this. I mean, I know they are terrible and don't care about people, but this is going to hit their base just as hard as anyone else.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
I think "Congress" gets the wide blame for this, not Republicans, not Democrats, just Congress.
Doubt. Democrats will be vilified to a certain extent but a large part of the poor numbers Trump, and by extension GOP senators, are seeing is because of their poor handling of Covid. This is just another arm of that shitty response

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck?! People better get out and fucking vote. The Senate has been trash for years and the only way to fix it is to get that goddamn turtle out of there.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't pass a bill to provide money to those that are in desperate need but the Senate never fails to pass pay raises for themselves.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I can literally see myself graduating in 6 months into an absolutely devastated economy that is gonna need decades to recover. Fucking insanity

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People need a solution that's not voting and waiting for democrats to do something at the end of January. The republicans could lose every race in November but that's not providing relief for families right now thru January

DirtyManos

Oct 25, 2017
Democrat senators and representatives (not sure if they're on recess or not) better fucking stay there the whole time and make it known.

Don't leave any room for optics on who's fucking responsible. This is and always is a battle of public perception, no one gives a shit anymore about the truth.

Wanace

Oct 29, 2017
Representatives of people hurting decided to do nothing for another month. Whether you are Democrat or Republican you have to view this as a failure.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
People need a solution that's not voting and waiting for democrats to do something at the end of January. The republicans could lose every race in November but that's not providing relief for families right now thru January

Yeah there's some harrowing posts on the unemployment sub on reddit. People are getting real desperate and I don't blame them. They can't wait till the Senate comes back from vacation time. Fucking unbelievable.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
they shouldn't be allowed to adjourn until they figure something out. Shouldn't even be getting paid.
Absolutely unacceptable. This is seriously fucked up. They procrastinated this and now it's too late, and they are going on fucking vacation?

They're probably trying to make Trump look like the savior but he clearly can't do shit about this either.
Eat the rich.

Seriously, none of them should be allowed to go home until they do their job and take care of the nation that literally can't afford to wait.
Fuck politicians
Politicians putting re-election above their duties should be a felony

It's fucking disgusting. None of these people will have any problem paying for their estates or putting food on the table for their families. All of them have some of the best healthcare possible.

They have all of that because they were elected by the people to serve their county - and in a time of dire and significant need, when the country is being strangled at the throat, these fucking assholes can't get anything done and decide to go home for a month.

I am so fucking infuriated by this.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
Never forget that the Senate Republicans, who have a majority, would rather every American starve than help fund cities, states, schools, small businesses and the USPS with COVID relief.

Never forget that those same people are literally telling people to reopen the schools they won't help with COVID relief.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
If Nancy/Chuck and the WH negotiators reach a deal, a bi-partisan vote can still be held remotely about reconvening the Senate to vote on whatever bill gets agreed upon. Doesn't look likely, though, as both Pelosi and Mnuchin both agreed that neither side has budged since talks broke down last week.

tangeu

Oct 27, 2017
They get more days off during a national crisis than I get when my company experiences record prosperity.

RebelStrike

Apr 28, 2020
Wow, the GOP Senate sucks so much. It's sickening that they care more about their personal time off than the needs of the country. I'm so pissed right now.

Oct 30, 2017
Hard to blame this on Republicans when tons of them call this virus a hoax and have gone on record opposing more stimulus.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The news media should be talking about this non-stop for the next three weeks to shame the American oligarchs that rule over you with their boots stamping on your face.

Ahahahahaha just kidding the corporate media ain't gonna do shit.

America has the best politicians that money can buy.

HaL64

Nov 3, 2017
My understanding is if the senate passes it and Trump signs it then he could be signing a document that prevents him from getting re-elected for sure (nationwide vote by mail is in the bill). Not to mention also senate seats flipping because of it.
So yeah I can see why they are stone walling. It's about losing their chances at re-election.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Going home and doing nothing to help the average American, all during a pandemic where bills they passed are helping the rich become even more richer through a stock market that continues to get propped up.

Yeah I know it isn't the Senate propping up the market but everything as a whole is just disgusting.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
don't care if i get banned for this, if riots happen because of this, i hope they go after the GOP and trump for this!

Oct 29, 2017
The Democrats passed a bill in the House months ago while McConnell and the Republicans twiddled their thumbs. Then, when they finally came up with a plan a week before the unemployment benefits ran out, much of their own caucus didn't even like it. And now the Senate is taking yet another break while people are out in the cold.

Biden and the other Democrats need to rake the Republicans over hot coals for their intransigence, every day. They should also go after the press for acting like the Republicans were negotiating in good faith and both sides are equally responsible.

Deleted member 2699

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 days): Inflammatory image implying violence
giphy.gif

Oct 28, 2017
They had three months. THREE! The Senate didn't even start to do anything until, what, a week or so ago?

It almost seems like they are begging violence.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
Everyone on the D side should be there every day and make ads crush the Rs.

Let's see them take the easiest lay up in history.

AaronD

Dec 1, 2017
Mitch McConnell is the most powerful man in the US. Only he could bring the Senate back to session or bring such a bill up to a vote, and his seat is so safe he should be filling vacancies in the MLB in his off time. He could not give less than a fuck to help anyone who is not himself, and that includes the rest of the GOP, so don't expect him to budge. The more people suffer, the happier he'll be.

frankenstrat

Oct 27, 2017
Moscow Mitch and his ilk continue to weaken this country and get away with it. This is no longer just unamerican, it is actively Anti-American.