MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Leon from Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.

And you know what? No one mocks him or denigrates him because he is gay or effeminate. Coming from Nintendo, this is quite a surprise.
Yep, this one is great, especially for Nintendo. Definitely a major improvement over previous attempts in the series (Fates limiting your options to one unit of each gender and having negative affects on gameplay for choosing those options, and PoR leaving Ike/Soren's relationship ambiguous).

Speaking of Nintendo, they better stick to their promise that the next Tomodachi game will include same-sex relationships.

Last edited:

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
dorian1.jpg

Dorian from DA:I has a great arc. Always have him in my party.

Yes! He's from Tevinter, but otherwise he's great.

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure he's bi (they imply multiple times he had a fling with Niesha). But yeah, he's a real sweetheart (which is kind of funny given the characterization they were aiming for, at least initially).
Ah, fair enough. It's been a while since I played the game so I must've forgotten about that.

Angeal78

Game Producer at MistWall Studio
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
file.jpg

Bill from TLOU I love how the game tells his little story.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
Ike from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn is gay and nothing anyone says will convince me otherwise. His only support endings are with two men, Soren and Ranulf. (Soren is the correct choice.)
Soren is also so blatantly in love with Ike that if anyone from Intelligent Systems ever tries to say otherwise they're a fucking liar. For context, Soren's main personality traits are ruthless pragmatism, never letting his guard down socially, and a deep-seated contempt for other people in general, yet he consistently drops his guard whenever he's alone with Ike and stays with his mercenary band at its lowest moment when other members leave. His A-rank support scene is literally a tear-filled confession.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Soren is also so blatantly in love with Ike that if anyone from Intelligent Systems ever tries to say otherwise they're a fucking liar. For context, Soren's main personality traits are ruthless pragmatism, never letting his guard down socially, and a deep-seated contempt for other people in general, yet he consistently drops his guard whenever he's alone with Ike and stays with his mercenary band at its lowest moment when other members leave. His A-rank support scene is literally a tear-filled confession.
Oh for sure.

I wish Intelligent Systems would be explicit about it though. And by explict I mean acknowledging it the way they acknowledge the heterosexual relationships.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
Oh for sure.

I wish Intelligent Systems would be explicit about it though. And by explict I mean acknowledging it the way they acknowledge the heterosexual relationships.

My fingers are crossed for a FE9/10 remake. I'm curious how Intelligent Systems in 2020/2021 would handle it compared to the company in the mid-2000s.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
fJUdu61.jpg

Chris Redfield

Pretty much the gay icon of modern gaming. Every gay knows him. Every gay loves him. And Capcom keeps inching closer and closer to fully confirming it. (The letter in REmake2 anyone?) They really need to stop being coy about it and just give us our man.

---

Kq39p1A.png

Ike

Another superstar for gay gamers, and yet another character that developers are too scared to be completely open about. Note to people who make games, queer subtext is tired and sad. Don't be cowards.

Last edited:

Auxy

Jan 1, 2018
Newmarket, UK
Oh for sure.

I'm not really sure. Aside from echoes' one character who was ok they haven't really been good with queer stuff and I'm not really confident in them addressing it. Ike is fantastic and obviously queer to me, but I really don't like what they tried to do with Awakening by giving him a son as random dlc, like some odd out-of-touch fanservice. Sure he could have been bi, but honestly he didn't really seem to care all that much about sex in general or having children.

I'm not really clear on who the writers were for PoR and RD compared to the other games, but it feels more like they had to sneak the queer vibe in or something. And I'm not confident I want to see it returned to.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
latest
To my pleasent suprise, two of the lead characters from Minecraft: Story Mode S2, Jack and Nurm, are an openly gay couple. Its a shame this never got more attention because its one of the only example of this in childrens media and from a property as big as Minecraft. Furthermore, there's no ambiguit, Nurm is litterally introduced as Jack's other half.

WeAreVenumb

Oct 27, 2017
In Bordelands 2 Axton is bi I believe, and in TPS and Tales from the Borderlands Athena and Janey Springs are in a relationship. I think there was also another character that was gay but I cant remember off the top of my head, Tiny Tina maybe?

Nov 13, 2017
fJUdu61.jpg

Chris Redfield

Pretty much the gay icon of modern gaming. Every gay knows him. Every gay loves him. And Capcom keeps inching closer and closer to fully confirming it. (The letter in REmake2 anyone?) They really need to stop being coy about it and just give is our man.

---

Kq39p1A.png

Ike

Another superstar for gay gamers, and yet another character that developers are too cowardly to be completely open about. Note to people who make games, queer subtext is tired and sad. Don't be cowards.

Can you explain the letter to me?

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Jacob-frye-assassins-creed-syndicate-Living-room-home-art-decor-wood-frame-fabric-poster-TS48.jpg_640x640.jpg

The first mainline AC protagonist to be confirmed bi. There's an entire sequence dedicated to the subject via subtext.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I believe some of Eagle's CvS2 Japanese win quotes imply that he's gay, so yeah.

RtII65y.png

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Can you explain the letter to me?

When Claire sees the letter from Chris says "I just got back from a date with a hot chick. Bet you can guess what we got up to under her extra-large umbrella." and also "Barry don't you even think of coming to join me. Wouldn't want to make all the cute girls cry, yeah? So you just leave the babes to me." Claire comments that this doesn't sound like Chris at all.

She wouldn't know that it's actually a coded letter describing Umbrella Corp.'s actions in Europe, so she's only reacting to Chris saying he's with a "hot chick" and "babes". I think it's pretty obvious that this is a reference to Chris's sexuality (ie. he's gay) since Chris and Claire are very close and she would presumably know that about him.

I believe some of Eagle's CvS2 Japanese win quotes imply that he's gay, so yeah.

RtII65y.png
This is another good one. Eagle for SFV season 4 please.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
When Claire sees the letter from Chris says "I just got back from a date with a hot chick. Bet you can guess what we got up to under her extra-large umbrella." and also "Barry don't you even think of coming to join me. Wouldn't want to make all the cute girls cry, yeah? So you just leave the babes to me." Claire comments that this doesn't sound like Chris at all.

She wouldn't know that it's actually a coded letter describing Umbrella Corp.'s actions in Europe, so she's only reacting to Chris saying he's with a "hot chick" and "babes". I think it's pretty obvious that this is a reference to Chris's sexuality (ie. he's gay) since Chris and Claire are very close and she would presumably know that about him.

To be honest, I took it as "Chris wouldn't talk about women like this", but your take is just as possible.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
To be honest, I took it as "Chris wouldn't talk about women like this", but your take is just as possible.
Considering his history throughout the series, I think him being gay is a foregone conclusion. This isn't directed at your comment specifically, but IMO characters shouldn't be assumed to be straight until proven otherwise.

Last edited:

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018
Emil_Pops_Out.jpg

Emil from Nier is gay.

(its only stated in the japanese ps3 version of the first game though because in the US version you play as dad nier while in japan on the ps3 you play as teenager nier)

Lunatious

Dec 18, 2018
4ddda966793b6d83f44ae985bf223c61.png

Revolver Ocelot. Pretty much half of Metal Gear's entire plot is entirely motivated by this guy's love for one man.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
Considering his history throughout the series, I think him being gay is a foregone conclusion. This isn't directed at your comment specifically, but IMO characters shouldn't be assumed to be straight until proven otherwise.
Oh yeah, I'm not a very dedicated Resi fan, and as a heterosexual man, my biases come shining through.

Tigerfog

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Since no one mentioned her, I'll say Sera from Dragon Age Inquisition.
Many people find her annoying, but I absolutely loved her.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Well, now I gotta replay it, for the third time.

I am just not able to leave Bea storyline. It's just so beautiful. But yeah, that's definitely my favorite queer relationship in gaming.

not to go off-topic too much about Night in the Woods, but there were a few posts like this, does this mean the structure of the game is only 1 story at a time? you have to play it multiple times?

Jan 3, 2019
not to go off-topic too much about Night in the Woods, but there were a few posts like this, does this mean the structure of the game is only 1 story at a time? you have to play it multiple times?
At some point the game has you pick who you want to hang out with each day, so to see everything you need to play it twice.

There's a reason for this but explaining it would dabble in spoiler territory.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Lucky/Andrew from Technomancer
I don't think it's ever specifically stated whether he's gay or bi or pan or whatever but he's the same-sex love interest for the protagonist and his character arc is really cool.

This is in the Game Pass, FYI. So glad I played it. This dude was great. Very well-written.

Note to people who make games, queer subtext is tired and sad. Don't be cowards.

Yeah, I'm not giving anything a free diversity point unless they've got the guts to confirm it. I don't care about "this character is totally queer, I don't care what they say" characters. If they don't confirm it, they don't get the brownie points.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
At some point the game has you pick who you want to hang out with each day, so to see everything you need to play it twice.

There's a reason for this but explaining it would dabble in spoiler territory.

This is a big reason of why I've hesitated to play the game, but I've seen enough positive stuff about the game that I'm committing to playing it and will probably just focus on Gregg (assuming he's one of the options).