• The two tone white with black in the middle

Votes: 266 33.4%
  • All black everything

Votes: 531 66.6%

• Total voters

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
I like the white, but black definitely looks good too. I've found that most PS consoles look a lot better in person than they do in the CG promo shots though, so I look forward to actually seeing the thing.

It defeats the purpose of adding the curvature to the case. With a single color and hardly any contrast, all the extra curves get dampened, rendering the design...kinda pointless, really.

That said, it's not a great looking console even with the two-tone design, so maybe hiding the curves is exactly why people seem to like it more.

Not sure what they were going for here.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Black PlayStation = Best PlayStation

That said, I'm at least glad they're going out of their comfort zone. The PS5 slim will be a beautiful machine when they have to worry less about heat dissipation and air flow.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I like the white/black I just wish it had sharper edges and was designed to lay flat primarily.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I was super ready to see an even uglier PS5. But this looks surprisingly good. And I usually prefer white consoles and controllers.

Oct 28, 2017
I honestly don't know what they are smoking at Playstation. Both the controller and the console itself looks so much better in plain black/grey.
Hope there will be color options without insane pricing.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I like the white/black contrast on the design. I'm sure people will warm up to it over time.

My biggest issue with the white is how reflective it's going to be. The way they designed it, it seems like it's meant to be vertical, which means it won't be resting inside an average entertainment stand, but more off to the side of a TV, or on the floor somewhat near it. My walls are white, and any time I watch something in a dark room with my 65'' OLED, the walls reflect pretty hard.

The double blue glow from the console is going to bug the shit out of me more than anything else though. I can't stand those kinds of "gamer aesthetics", and they are very distracting in a dark room. I've had dampening film on my controller and a piece of poster board across the "eye" of my Pro since launch. They should at the very least allow you to turn that shit off, but likely won't again.

Those cheap looking plastic sides get me every time. The color doesn't make a difference to me. I can see where they tried to save money. Money savings should be on the inside, not on the outside. Ugh

You have that completely backwards regarding tech.

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I don't know what's more annoying, that Sony aren't releasing a black one at launch or that they'll inevitably release a black one after I've already bought the white one.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
My biggest gripe with all black is it looks too much like PS3.

6001593781_90c49e6e12_b.jpg

igpqbavyph451.jpg

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
I agree. Nothing in my home theater is white. It's going to stick out like a sore thumb. Honestly I'll probably be putting it behind the TV.

Faiyaz

Nov 30, 2017
Bangladesh
Either you have never owned a white console or you have very dirty habits. I've had my white PS4 Pro for three years now, and it's still white as snow (if I dust it off). My DS4 is also just as white.

I live in a country/area which is quite dusty. Even my PS4 is super dusty now even though I've always kept it covered with a cloth. And I don't have the patience/time to clean these things frequently. The dust catches up eventually. Although I guess this might totally be a me thing.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like the white... but I think many people would be more on board with the black colour.

Psoelberg

Oct 26, 2017
Black is definitely better... still not a fan of the design, though. But black makes it less eye-catching (which is a good thing when it comes to consoles, in my opinion).

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The design of the original is growing on me, and I sorta prefer the white/black two-tone as opposed to all black

iKhameleon

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed. While I've grown to accept the white one after initially hating it, I still don't like it very much. Black with the blue accents just looks so slick, I love it.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks boring and instead of it feeling like the next gen Playstation it would look like a pro +

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
I don't know. It grows in me each time I see it. The same happened with dual sense.
I need to see it IRL.

The bump of the UHD drive still bothers me thought.