• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cosmonaut X

Oct 26, 2017
The jury holdout is a Pop-ERA member:

"Before we can settle on a verdict on the final count, we need to know: did Post Malone make it down safely? And what does Nicki Minaj have in her butt?"

Thisman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Less than 50% of counts is a failure at this point because this was the easiest case, which is why future cases will be so hard

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully hung jury on 10 counts means those charges get a retrial on account of the judge being a joke and his handling of the jury being tainted.

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If it's guilty on 8, and hung on 10, he's still going to jail for a long time. He just might get out one day when he's 90.

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully hung jury on 10 counts means those charges get a retrial on account of the judge being a joke and his handling of the jury being tainted.
What? No. That's not how it works. Manafort still gets sentenced for 8 of the charges, which is still lotsa jail. The remaining charges might get a new trial, if the prosecution wants a go, though.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus fucking Christ, this judge is a fucking idiot. Why did you let these jurors go home?! Fucking idiot.

ak1287

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't know much about US law, but do they need a consensus? Is it not a guilty/not guilty by majority vote among the jury?
I'm a little confused as to what you're asking, but I'm going to answer the question I *think* you're asking.

8/18 counts still means he gets sentenced for those 8 counts; in addition, unless the votes for the other charges are not guilty, those 10 charges can be used in sentencing.
It does not mean that he is acquitted on ALL counts, because each count is an individual charge.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow...judge is ready to declare a mistria according to MSNBC just now.
That seems crazy.
If they're not finding a consensus on 10 charges, he'd most likely send them back to deliberate longer. Mistrial and hung jury are serious things that they want to avoid.
Edit: when I served on a jury, we were sent back twice after saying we couldn't get to a consensus. Then again, there was only one charge in our case.