Votes: 189 39.8%
  • Ryujinx

Votes: 174 36.6%
  • Skyline

Votes: 4 0.8%

• Total voters

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Might play around with reshade a bit but I think I've finalized my setup at this point. Yuzu EA 3589, 60fps, black screen fix, cutscene fix, Xbox UI, and a bunch of other graphics/visual fixes from the collection in the OP. Looks and runs great on my old PC (1070, 6700k) even in the depths. And my game hasn't crashed once.

Darktalon

Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
I appreciate what you guys are trying to do with this thread, but there are a lot of incorrect recommendations being passed around for the settings for Yuzu, and an unfortunate misunderstanding/neglect of DLDSR and how it specifically interacts with Yuzu. Check out the Yuzu discord, game-mods channel if you want some more details.

Twinduct

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a known issue which is forcing me to pair my pro controller every time I use it on windows 11?
I have to manually remove the device and readd it

Fleck0

Oct 25, 2017
The Steam Deck guide in the OP is what I landed on today after a ton of trial and error. One you've built 30-35k shaders it will be almost locked at 30fps except in towns and probably some dungeons. I love being in the depths now because it's so smooth.

Last edited:

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
Seems like there's a mod for anisotropic filtering.

Just gotta buy the game and wait for a non-broken ultrawide patch, hopefully. I'll be watching the thread in the meanwhile since I won't be playing for a bit!

Kickfister

May 9, 2019
I appreciate what you guys are trying to do with this thread, but there are a lot of incorrect recommendations being passed around for the settings for Yuzu, and an unfortunate misunderstanding/neglect of DLDSR and how it specifically interacts with Yuzu. Check out the Yuzu discord, game-mods channel if you want some more details.
I saw your guide on the discord, you should check out my earlier post in this thread showing the problem with the 720p docked mode. In case your post was about mine, I'd like to know what's wrong with it and why since mine is some conflicting information in the thread.

OP
OP
Dr. Nothing Loud

Dr. Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
I'll share my own reshade preset for TotK, using DPX, Levels, fakeHDR. Very minimal reshade purely to address what I feel is a somewhat washed-out appearance, increasing the contrast and vibrancy of the colors without interfering with the developer's artistic intentions. The videos below display examples of it being toggled from off to on and back again.

Light Reshade

View: https://streamable.com/8bafw7

View: https://streamable.com/km4ntd

I love minimal reshades like this! I think my favorite is still color_correct v2 for its slightly more increased contrast levels but the Zelda team almost got it totally "right" for my eyes, I just think color correct v2 looks my favorite thus far.

There is a helpful tip online that if you download process lasso, right-click yuzu/ryujinx, go to CPU Affinity > disable hyperthreading always, it will drastically improve performance for some CPUs. I just tried it and FUCKING WOW. Tip of the century. I'm now getting 55-70+ FPS in Kakariko going back to Yuzu 3591

Here it is at pretty much stable 60 FPS (rare dips) with quINT motion vectors + NiceGuy-Shaders Nice Guy Lighting + color_correct v2 reshade preset at 2x1008 resolution ("4K" without breaking AO):

EDIT: hang on something fucked with the video

Last edited:

Starsunder

Oct 25, 2017
Here is the latest color_correct reshade for TOTK v2.0
pixeldrain.com

color_correct_v2.ini

This file has been shared with you on pixeldrain

TLZ5Wi1.jpg

This looks SO MUCH BETTER. I HATE the games default color pallet. I did for BotW too. So pastel looking and blown the hell out

adz2ka

Nov 1, 2017
I love minimal reshades like this! I think my favorite is still color_correct v2 for its slightly more increased contrast levels but the Zelda team almost got it totally "right" for my eyes, I just think color correct v2 looks my favorite thus far.

There is a helpful tip online that if you download process lasso, right-click yuzu/ryujinx, go to CPU Assign > disable hyperthreading always, it will drastically improve performance for some CPUs. I just tried it and FUCKING WOW. Tip of the century. I'm now getting 55-70+ FPS in Kakariko going back to Yuzu 3591

Here it is at pretty much stable 60 FPS (rare dips) with quINT motion vectors + NiceGuy-Shaders Nice Guy Lighting + color_correct v2 reshade preset at 2x1008 resolution ("4K" without breaking AO):

EDIT: hang on something fucked with the video

Is this suitable for Ryzen 5800?
(Also saving for when I get home)

Twinduct

Oct 27, 2017
There is a helpful tip online that if you download process lasso, right-click yuzu/ryujinx, go to CPU Assign > disable hyperthreading always, it will drastically improve performance for some CPUs. I just tried it and FUCKING WOW. Tip of the century. I'm now getting 55-70+ FPS in Kakariko going back to Yuzu 3591

Sadly this brought my frames down by a bit. AMD here though, so not sure how much that differs. This is also on latest pineapple though. Gonna try 3591

JoJo'sDentCo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
My color correct reshade was having weird issues. The colors kept shifting like every second. Mist would be kinda grey and then purple and then back to grey. Almost like a light show at a concert.

I disabled the reshade but I liked it when it wasn't flip flopping colors like that.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
Not sure what resolution mod to use for Ryujinx at 4k? Do I do the max resolution that doesn't break AO? Or do I use one of the preset 720 x3 presets?

Also, should I enable FSR in Ryujinx itself for better clarity over bilinear?

OP
OP
Dr. Nothing Loud

Dr. Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Sadly this brought my frames down by a bit. AMD here though, so not sure how much that differs. This is also on latest pineapple though. Gonna try 3591

3591 has better performance for 3000/4000 series GPUs apparently, because it fixes the VRAM leak and they removed that fix afterward. So I recommend it if you're trying to get 5-10 FPS more.

OP
OP
Dr. Nothing Loud

Dr. Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what resolution mod to use for Ryujinx at 4k? Do I do the max resolution that doesn't break AO? Or do I use one of the preset 720 x3 presets?

Also, should I enable FSR in Ryujinx itself for better clarity over bilinear?

The FSR that is disabled in the mods is not the FSR sharpening setting you set in Ryujinx. What it does is disable the FSR that the game uses to modify the distant edges of objects and scenery in the background, I believe. So you'll always want the FSR disable mod active if you want the smoothest background edges but it adds a bit more performance cost (which is why the game employs the FSR on the Switch, I believe, correct me if I'm wrong)

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but 1008 is the highest resolution stable before Ambient Occlusion (AO) breaks, so doing an internal res of 1008 and then multiplying from there is best. That's why 2x 1008 is not technically 4K but it's pretty close and AO is still active that way. If I understand that all correctly. So that's what I do. I use the 1008 patch and then play at 2x docked.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
The FSR that is disabled in the mods is not the FSR sharpening setting you set in Ryujinx. What it does is disable the FSR that the game uses to modify the distant edges of objects and scenery in the background, I believe. So you'll always want the FSR disable mod active if you want the smoothest background edges but it adds a bit more performance cost (which is why the game employs the FSR on the Switch, I believe, correct me if I'm wrong)

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but 1008 is the highest resolution stable before Ambient Occlusion (AO) breaks, so doing an internal res of 1008 and then multiplying from there is best. That's why 2x 1008 is not technically 4K but it's pretty close and AO is still active that way. If I understand that all correctly. So that's what I do. I use the 1008 patch and then play at 2x docked.

Ah I see, that makes sense!

I have been playing using x3 in Ryujjnx (as I am on a native 4k display) would it just make more sense to drop down to x2 then as that is closer to native res using the switch mod for internal res? Or am I misunderstanding?

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
I'm trying to use the mods from OP on Ryujinx, but seems none of the graphics mods appear in Cheats when I copy e.g 60 fps folder to the TOTK folder.

The folder structure looks like this: \Ryujinx\portable\mods\contents\0100f2c0115b6000\FPS - 60fps v3\exefs

What am I doing wrong?

OP
OP
Dr. Nothing Loud

Dr. Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone,

The OP has been updated.

I've updated the TOTK Mods Compilation to v1.4. This includes the latest mods from yesterday (updates to the controller UI mods, an update to an antialiasing mod fix, better folder naming/structure, updated instructions, and removed irrelevant amiibo files).

Could you possibly share what mods you are using with Ryujinx specifically and your ryujinx settings as well?
Sure
ryuijiei.png

ryu1v7ecm.png

ryu2mvdxe.png

I'm trying to use the mods from OP on Ryujinx, but seems none of the graphics mods appear in Cheats when I copy e.g 60 fps folder to the TOTK folder.

The folder structure looks like this: \Ryujinx\portable\mods\contents\0100f2c0115b6000\FPS - 60fps v3\exefs

What am I doing wrong?

That mod won't appear in "Cheats" but it's definitely active. Only the ones prefixed "Cheat - " will show up in the "manage cheats" menu of Ryujinx.
That folder structure is correct.

Jul 22, 2022
Just a small PSA:

Ryujinx solved 20fps issue since 1.1.802
Currently playing on 1.1.804 with no problems! no mods needed

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
Hi everyone,

The OP has been updated.

I've updated the TOTK Mods Compilation to v1.4. This includes the latest mods from yesterday (updates to the controller UI mods, an update to an antialiasing mod fix, better folder naming/structure, updated instructions, and removed irrelevant amiibo files).

Sure
ryuijiei.png

ryu1v7ecm.png

ryu2mvdxe.png

That mod won't appear in "Cheats" but it's definitely active. Only the ones prefixed "Cheat - " will show up in the "manage cheats" menu of Ryujinx.
That folder structure is correct.

I really appreciate this, thanks so much!

Also, one final questions, how do the Amiibos work with Ryujinx? Do I need the unlimited Amiibo mod for example?

Pez

Oct 28, 2017
This thread is going places! =) Thanks for putting this together, OP!

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
ryujinx changelog:

1.1.804 - 2023-05-18

GPU:
- Avoid using garbage size for non-cb0 storage buffers
- Fixes the the performance loss in the depths in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.

OP
OP
Dr. Nothing Loud

Dr. Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
I really appreciate this, thanks so much!

Also, one final questions, how do the Amiibos work with Ryujinx? Do I need the unlimited Amiibo mod for example?

Directions on how to load an Amiibo in Ryujinx

BTW As of right now I'm getting best performance on Yuzu EA 3591, though 3596 just released and I have no idea what it implements. Ryujinx Kakariko = 45-55 FPS, Yuzu EA 3591 Kakariko = 55-62 FPS, at 2x1008 resolution

BTW I made a special correction to the mods I have enabled in Ryujinx (updated to this morning's mods as well):
ryu0dcji.png

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
I've got this mostly stable on my rig - still aiming for 30fps. I'm on an older i7 8700k. Other than overclocking and following this thread for updates, any obvious settings or mods I can look into for more intensive areas like towns?

Also just checking to make sure this is how the actual game looks and that I'm not going crazy - does precipitation fall very slowly sometimes? Like falling, freezing in place, and then falling again?

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
damn i might settle for 4k 30fps on yuzu after all. can't for the love of me keep stable 60fps, tried all combinations with mods and resolutions and bah, keeps dropping to 40 and 58, 45 and 60 etc with slowdowns.
ryujinx for me even after all the updates can't for the love of god keep 30fps stable... keeps going from 26~30fps at all times.

people on reddit with worse rigs than mine managing to keep 60fps stable at 1008p.
maybe i should purge shaders on both emulators? don't know if that makes sense or it will help at all.

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
Directions on how to load an Amiibo in Ryujinx

BTW As of right now I'm getting best performance on Yuzu EA 3591, though 3596 just released and I have no idea what it implements. Ryujinx Kakariko = 45-55 FPS, Yuzu EA 3591 Kakariko = 55-62 FPS, at 2x1008 resolution

BTW I made a special correction to the mods I have enabled in Ryujinx (updated to this morning's mods as well):
ryu0dcji.png
Why both the Dualsense and Xbox UI mods? Wouldn't they conflict?

I seem to have some issues with Ryujinx crashing these mods, seems some of the LOD mods make it crash on startup and the shadows mod in gameplay unless that was a one time fluke.

I haven't played the game at all, just in the initial cave.

bakalhau

Dec 29, 2017
Lisbon (Amadora), Portugal

So I tried this patch in Gerudo town, I took some screenshots, I cannot see any difference at all. Not sure if AO is displaying correctly or not, just that both screenshots look the same, and this area is very nice for comparisons so I should have been able to spot a difference. I see some people saying on reddit this patch isn-t really fixing the AO, so I am unsure as it stands.

OP
OP
Dr. Nothing Loud

Dr. Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Why both the Dualsense and Xbox UI mods? Wouldn't they conflict?

I seem to have some issues with Ryujinx crashing these mods, seems some of the LOD mods make it crash on startup and the shadows mod in gameplay unless that was a one time fluke.

I haven't played the game at all, just in the initial cave.

I guess you're right, I should only have one enabled but it certainly didn't break having both enabled. Maybe it picks up what kind of controller you have and then enables it? IDK

BTW here is my video of 4K 60 FPS (mostly stable) in night rain Kakariko using the reshades/"raytracing" shaders

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_SglvYO7uk

View: https://vimeo.com/828012310?share=copy

PS I disabled that 120 fps mod in the mod compilation...I've been having trouble with it. Back to 60 fps mod I went.

Last edited:

twisted89

Oct 27, 2017
Currently trying to play TOTK on the steam deck and even with all the adjustments it doesn't run great.
I haven't really used Yuzu in the past but I heard there were significant performance improvements made to BotW.

Realistically, are we going to go from 22 FPS to at least 30 on the steam deck soon or unlikely? Surely Yuzu is pretty optimised anyway at this point in development?

PcPlasticFuzz

Nov 4, 2017
Currently trying to play TOTK on the steam deck and even with all the adjustments it doesn't run great.
I haven't really used Yuzu in the past but I heard there were significant performance improvements made to BotW.

Realistically, are we going to go from 22 FPS to at least 30 on the steam deck soon or unlikely? Surely Yuzu is pretty optimised anyway at this point in development?

I was thinking the same thing. I cant see this ever being a stable 30fps on deck.

Shwing

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having issues with pretty frequent crashes. I was able to play through the tutorial area just fine and took a break for a bit, but once I started it back up it would crash constantly after a few minutes.

Crisium

Oct 25, 2017
There is a helpful tip online that if you download process lasso, right-click yuzu/ryujinx, go to CPU Assign > disable hyperthreading always,

Can you help me out? I downloaded the free Process Lasso. When I right click yuzu.exe, there is no "CPU Assign" option.

Edit: Found it within CPU Affinity. SMT disabled and gonna try it out. I've also been using EA 3591.

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
The video I captured with my video capture software is for some reason today not properly capturing the Reshade effects, so I'll wait until I can get that sorted out.

But here's a comparison slider of the original game vs my current reshade:
Before/After
Original/color_correct v2 + qUINT motion vector lighting + NiceGuy-Shaders Nice Guy Lighting
Where can I get the Raytracing Reshade? I think it's qUINT motion vector lighting, NiceGuy-Shaders and Nice Guy Lighting.

I'm having issues with pretty frequent crashes. I was able to play through the tutorial area just fine and took a break for a bit, but once I started it back up it would crash constantly after a few minutes.

Yuzu or Ryujinx? Yuzu Early Access 3588 has been rock solid for me and the most performant. I tried 3591 and got weird stutter/dips while traversing that don't happen on 3588 with the same settings.

Crisium

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see any difference with SMT on/off on my Ryzen 7700X so far in the villages. Maybe for Intel users it can help though.

Premium Ghoul

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
TotK is running real solid on my machine with the latest Ryujinx version. 1440p ultrawide at 30FPS, only using the ultrawide mod and Xbox buttons mod. Stable 30 everywhere I've been (towns, depths, shrines) and no crashes in ~20 hours of play.

Specs: 2070 Super, 5800X3D, 16GB RAM