• Ryujinx

Votes: 174 36.6%
  • Skyline

Votes: 4 0.8%

• Total voters

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Yeah it does to me, 60 FPS in 4K is very hard to maintain in this game, but you can do 30 or 45 FPS easily, which you're doing. I can do higher than that but my setup is kind of insane.
Like this is my overclocked i9 13900KF cinebench score.
And I have 96GB of overclocked 4800-6000 MHz RAM.
And an overclocked RTX 4090
That's the only reason I can run and capture 8K gameplay at the same time while web browsing and doing lots of things at the same time with zero slowdown lol.
Yeah that is a pretty extreme setup lol. It still feels and looks much better than native so I'll take it. I do miss how well BoTW runs in CEMU. Hopefully YUZU gets there at some point.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping there would be some noticeable improvements while I focused on Diablo IV for the past week, and sure enough:

1e50b1xmjv4b1.png

I'm hitting as high as the Mid 70s now out in the open world, playing @ 6K. It still comes back down to Earth a bit while in towns, but this a nice performance bump for sure. Good stuff.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping there would be some noticeable improvements while I focused on Diablo IV for the past week, and sure enough:

1e50b1xmjv4b1.png

I'm hitting as high as the Mid 70s now out in the open world, playing @ 6K. It still comes back down to Earth a bit while in towns, but this a nice performance bump for sure. Good stuff.
Oh wow they finally fixed that horrible black crush/compression artifacting that occurred when enabling yuzu's FXAA?

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017

1e50b1xmjv4b1.png

Oh wow they finally fixed that horrible black crush/compression artifacting that occurred when enabling yuzu's FXAA?
EA 3652:

- Fix Ambient Occlusion would break in Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom when resolution is scaled with the 1080p mod applied.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
I've been on like...3618 or something forever because I've been afraid to break something. Guess its time to upgrade!

smuf

Oct 27, 2017
I'm always on latest EA and haven't had much issues. Not sure if there's really any value in using an older build.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
It's a bummer that Yuzu seems to not play very nicely with Moonlight streaming. I can play other regular PC games, or even use Ryujinx, for hours and never have any issues streaming my desktop to my Steam Deck, but with Yuzu, it pretty frequently causes the stream to freeze, forcing me to restart the Moonlight app on Steam Deck and reconnect to the desktop to get the stream working again.

A Grizzly Bear

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Do decryption keys change? I know I dumped and backed up a bunch of stuff when I first loaded a CFW on my switch, but haven't done anything since then. Wondering if I need to go through that process again to emulate.

ChitonIV

Nov 14, 2021
Tried CEMU on Steam deck just out of curiosity for BOTW. Wow what a night and day difference from TOTK. Do we think Yuzu will ever reach that level of performance?
CEMU is great, because of BoTW.

Yuzu and RyujinX will also be similarly great, now that ToTK exists. But, it will take time. Months, if not a couple of years.

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have a 5600x and impressions with TOTK?Also, any idea why the game will start for me at 15 fps and then after dying it will be closer to 60fps? Anyone else have that issue?

parski

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Nov 13, 2017
Decided to try updating from EA 3600 yesterday but got this when I tried to start latest (I think it was 3653) EA.
IMG-3930.jpg

I'm on Windows 11 and 3600 always worked fine. I tried the previous version too (3652?) and it had the same problem. Both clean downloads and I also tried updating a copy of my 3600 directory with EZYuzu. Same problem. Tried restarting and played around with Date & Time settings in Windows such as enabling Location Services and setting time zone automatically (because the error says something with time zone, I don't know).

Has anybody else had this? Any suggestions?

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to try updating from EA 3600 yesterday but got this when I tried to start latest (I think it was 3653) EA.
IMG-3930.jpg

I'm on Windows 11 and 3600 always worked fine. I tried the previous version too (3652?) and it had the same problem. Both clean downloads and I also tried updating a copy of my 3600 directory with EZYuzu. Same problem. Tried restarting and played around with Date & Time settings in Windows such as enabling Location Services and setting time zone automatically (because the error says something with time zone, I don't know).

Has anybody else had this? Any suggestions?
you need to update your msvc and c++ libraries

GetDigitized

Oct 25, 2017
Is totk stable enough to play on my 5800x/rx 6600 build @ at least 1080p with some form of aliasing. I didn't mind 30fps on switch but the low resolution + jagged edges were enough to make me wait for emulation to get better.

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
My heart says to upgrade to a new cpu, motherboard and ram to play TOTK at a consistent 60 4k but my brain says no.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Is totk stable enough to play on my 5800x/rx 6600 build @ at least 1080p with some form of aliasing. I didn't mind 30fps on switch but the low resolution + jagged edges were enough to make me wait for emulation to get better.
TOTK emulation got great surprisingly fast. I have the same CPU playing on latest Yuzu EA, 2x resolution with DynamicFPS++ mod and I'm on 60fps most of the time with some slight drops occasionally that don't really feel important. Game already looks and runs so nice on PC that it makes me a bit sad that all the people playing on switch are not enjoying it in this quality.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Just from a stability perspective I finished the game and only had one crash, very minor graphical intermittent graphical glitches.

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
TOTK emulation got great surprisingly fast. I have the same CPU playing on latest Yuzu EA, 2x resolution with DynamicFPS++ mod and I'm on 60fps most of the time with some slight drops occasionally that don't really feel important. Game already looks and runs so nice on PC that it makes me a bit sad that all the people playing on switch are not enjoying it in this quality.
It's incredible really. I'm glad I waited to play. The art is so good and I feel bad for the team that it doesn't get to shine the way it deserves.

GetDigitized

Oct 25, 2017

Just from a stability perspective I finished the game and only had one crash, very minor graphical intermittent graphical glitches.
Thanks, will give it a try now I guess.

How to get 3D VR working on yuzu
OP
OP
Dr. Nothing Loud

Dr. Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Want to play Yuzu games in 3D VR (I can only vouch for Meta Quest 2/Pro since that's all I have, but it should work for Vive, Index, etc. as well)?

Easy.

1. Download and install yuzu
2. Download ReShade and install on your yuzu.exe with no preset selected (skip, in other words) and checking all the effects to download. Download and install the Shader and Texture folders at this repo and replace your Reshade SuperDepth3D and SuperDepth3D_VR effects with the updated ones at the repo. Make sure you delete the old ones or Reshade will double the VR effect and have you render four full windows of your game instead of the 2 windows you need for 3D lol.
3. Buy Virtual Desktop on Steam for $15 or on the Quest Store for $20 so you can play side-by-side stereo3D content properly on your HMD.
4. Download and install the free Virtual Desktop Streamer Companion app or your content won't relay properly to your HMD.
5. Make sure you have screen-recording software, antivirus, RTSS (RivaTuner should be off/disabled), etc. disabled or uninstalled while you play on Virtual Desktop to avoid issues.
6. Always launch the streamer app when you're going to do this.
7. Launch Virtual Desktop on Steam or the Quest Store.
8. Add yuzu as a game in the Games tab.
9. Launch yuzu.
10. Configure your games for lower resolution settings than what you usually run for full-screen flatscreen gameplay.
11. Select "Half SBS" as the 3D mode in the Virtual Desktop settings.
12. Select a 3D environment or environment like the home theater to test things out.
13. When yuzu starts, it will attempt to load ReShade. Go through the tutorial if you haven't done it before. Select the folder where your yuzu.exe is and "/**" after that as the folder for shaders and textures in the "Settings" tab. Enable performance mode in the "Home" tab and select a toggle button for the effects in your "Settings" tab. Reload the effects in the "Home" tab.
14. Select SuperDepth3D_VR as the effect you want to use. It will do depth-based stereoscopic 3D for each game.
15. Go into add-ons to tune some settings.
16. Start the effect (or disable it) using your toggle button and full-screen your yuzu emulator. Make sure yuzu is set to stretch-to-window for the aspect ratio, and borderless window for the window options.
17. You're all set!
EDIT: 18. Oh yes, if you have a Quest, you'll want this mod to make it stop picking up your external/Xbox controller as an input for the Quest dashboard. If you can't compile this because you don't have delphi, get the files you need (the dlls) from the folders on this repo.

Can confirm this works SUPER WELL on the Meta Quest Pro using Super Smash Bros. Ultimate in 3D VR. Just wow. It's like watching a diorama of Nintendo characters fight!

BTW regarding the state of TOTK modding as of today:

This is an example of a recent mod load-out I saw from reddit:
lq69iolfkc5b1osdhc.png

Just update your TOTK to 1.1.2, use the 1.1.2 mods at the HolographicWings repository on GitHub, and use any mods/cheats from there. Also keep an eye on /u/ChucksFeedandSeed mods for TOTK as they were a pioneer of early mods for the TOTK modding scene. Their mods are usually best. Outside of those two sources and Reshade, you don't really need much else!

As always, feel free to use my Yuzu Updater to keep backups and updates to your yuzu folders with auto-HDR enabled by default. My v1.4 should have all the bugs fixed. https://github.com/lionellion21/yuzu/releases

Agreed. I'm blazed past 4K 60, now I'm trying to optimize for 8K 60 and 4K 120 lolz. The heavy movement behind this modding scene has made progress so fast! I really can't bare to play the version I have sitting on my Switch right now.

Last edited:

Sinah

Jun 2, 2022
How can I lessen the microstutter of async shader building?

Not much you can actually do about it maybe cap your fps if it really bothers you. It's barely noticeable for me and most of the remaining stutter is related to decompressing and loading the ASTC textures and not the shaders anyway, the async ASTC option should theoretically help with that but it's still very buggy atm.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
just an FYI for some who may have performace issues, on the latest build and I find that static 60fps and the separate dynamic FPS has worked better than FPS++. I usually update all of these mods so I can play around with what works best

OP
OP
Dr. Nothing Loud

Dr. Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
just an FYI for some who may have performace issues, on the latest build and I find that static 60fps and the separate dynamic FPS has worked better than FPS++. I usually update all of these mods so I can play around with what works best

Agreed, the latest dynamic fps and static fps mods (v1.53 for dynamic) are the best imo compared to fps++

Does anyone want to enjoy an Era emulation discord? I'm in the process of creating one.

Crisium

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed, the latest dynamic fps and static fps mods (v1.53 for dynamic) are the best imo compared to fps++

Does anyone want to enjoy an Era emulation discord? I'm in the process of creating one.

I'm a little confused. I'm looking here:

github.com

TOTK-Mods-collection/Mods/FPS at main · hoverbike1/TOTK-Mods-collection

Mod repo for TOTK on Yuzu emulator. Contribute to hoverbike1/TOTK-Mods-collection development by creating an account on GitHub.

What mods should for the best dynamic framerate with 60 fps cap?

EmulationEra Discord Community
OP
OP
Dr. Nothing Loud

Dr. Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little confused. I'm looking here:

github.com

TOTK-Mods-collection/Mods/FPS at main · hoverbike1/TOTK-Mods-collection

Mod repo for TOTK on Yuzu emulator. Contribute to hoverbike1/TOTK-Mods-collection development by creating an account on GitHub.

What mods should for the best dynamic framerate with 60 fps cap?

Dynamic FPS plus the Static 60 FPS mod.
Tho on Reddit you can find one more updated Dynamic FPS mod v1.53 instead. ResetEra code of conduct applies. Please feel free to join!

Alright I've made a discord for general retro and modern emulation chit chat, media posting, news, and some off topic discussion as well. Please keep this link private to Resetera members only!
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Oct 28, 2017

hmm...i'm still on 1.5.2. i'll have to find that and update. i wonder how well the latest works for the steam deck. i've been playing more on the home pc since it's running so well

and yeah, i'm down for a discord

Dunsparcer

Feb 28, 2019
Dynamic FPS plus the Static 60 FPS mod.
Tho on Reddit you can find one more updated Dynamic FPS mod v1.53 instead. ResetEra code of conduct applies. Please feel free to join!

Alright I've made a discord for general retro and modern emulation chit chat, media posting, news, and some off topic discussion as well. Please keep this link private to Resetera members only!
[Hidden content]
Gonna be jumping into this world soon with a new setup. Looking forward to having a help network when I inevitably run into obstacles!

Zelda TOTK Dynamic FPS v1.5.3 beta2
OP
OP
Dr. Nothing Loud

Dr. Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
hmm...i'm still on 1.5.2. i'll have to find that and update. i wonder how well the latest works for the steam deck. i've been playing more on the home pc since it's running so well

and yeah, i'm down for a discord

Here it is! I'll post it in the discord too.

pixeldrain.com

TotK_1.1.2_DynamicFPSv1.5.3beta2.zip

This file has been shared with you on pixeldrain

I'm currently working on updating the Steam deck optimization guide too

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 28, 2017
Nice!

Hopefully the stead deck has made more progress towards consistent 30fps for everywhere in the game

Still really struggles in the larger open areas

I tried it and I still think the 30/20 fps mod is the best. it basically tanks down to locked 20 in the more open areas and is locked at 30 in shrines and some other areas. all the other options i've tried, including the new dynamic fps mod runs fairly close to 30 most of the time, but literally every 10 seconds the frame rate crashes to like...10fps and the game freezes for a second or so. that, to me, is unplayable so i've just been rolling with the 60fps++ that holds that 30/20.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After the game had run solid on Yuzu EA for me across multiple updates, now with EA 3667 it seems to be broken.. infinite loading screen and I already tried emptying my shader cache and turning off ATSC in graphics and advanced graphics menus... anyone else experiencing this?

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
After the game had run solid on Yuzu EA for me across multiple updates, now with EA 3667 it seems to be broken.. infinite loading screen and I already tried emptying my shader cache and turning off ATSC in graphics and advanced graphics menus... anyone else experiencing this?

have you tried the mainline build? or come back to an earlier EA build.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
a friend is having serious problems with TotK after he got the Hero Path ...
he is using ryujinx and i think he puts lots of fps mods and stuff like that ...

any idea how to not make crash?

Maybe change from Ryujinx to yuzu ?
is there a way to transfer the save from one to another ?

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
a friend is having serious problems with TotK after he got the Hero Path ...
he is using ryujinx and i think he puts lots of fps mods and stuff like that ...

any idea how to not make crash?

Maybe change from Ryujinx to yuzu ?
is there a way to transfer the save from one to another ?

we need more info

what are theirspecs
have they tried to disable mods
any error message or console message with the crash

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
That CPU is kinda old. Have him Delete all mods and probably transfer the save to yuzu as it runs better on low spec pcs.