IronFalcon1997

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Soo i was analyzing that shot from the hryule field that appears on the trailer, comparing side by side to see if i spot any differences, and there's nothing much, just:

Towers are gone, you can see in the mountain where it was akkala's tower (i think is this tower) , in the same angle you can cleary see it in BOTW but is not there in the teaser
Death Mountain looks bigger, im not sure if is effect of the video, but is bigger by a small amount i think, im not sure why they made this change, if they made it
They added a waterfall to a mountain in the left

And thats about it to be honest
Hopefully they make bigger changes to the world than that.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Really hope there's a new huge overworld, maybe the lands outside the edges of Hyrule. Exploring was the best parts of BOTW.
Would be cool if the dragons got involved. Maybe that's where the castle is going, to the sky realm they come and go from.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It seems pretty likely to me that the scene we saw was the start of the game, and something very bad was about to happen to hyrule, or the castle was taking they somewhere else
I think they will use the same map

Why bother add a waterfall if they will go to somewhere else? Just keep the map untouched and go to this "another place"
I now believe that it will be the same map with changes

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
I think they will use the same map

Why bother add a waterfall if they will go to somewhere else? Just keep the map untouched and go to this "another place"
I now believe that it will be the same map with changes
Maybe they saw that scene and thought "This would look better if a waterfall was here, and we don't need to worry about how it fits with the rest of the environment because players will never actually get to that area (because you leave hyrule in the opening cutscene ;) )

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they saw that scene and thought "This would look better if a waterfall was here, and we don't need to worry about how it fits with the rest of the environment because players will never actually get to that area (because you leave hyrule in the opening cutscene ;) )
It makes sense too but...im still skeptical
You can barely see the waterfall, in fact you can only see if you look close. Is too much trouble to add a new thing that will never be used

We will see later this year, probably

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
Thoughts on shrines? Do you think we'll get 120 of them again? How would you feel if they just got rid of them completely

The hand will transport link to the other side, the "dead" hyrule with all the ancient hero, the king etc, he will have a big quest to come back in the world of the living (like the dark world in tp maybe?) You play Link in this world and Zelda in the normal world, at the end, you defeated Ganon then the ancient spirit can go in peace (sorry my english is horrible)

maybe

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
What if Hyrule Castle is a spaceship?

shades of balamb
tumblr_n0v2xv9vc51sy9b5go10_r3_250.gif

Hydes

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'd like to point out, save for one occurrence in Four Swords Adventures, Ganondorf is the same man. He doesn't reincarnate.

The corpse in the trailer is bedecked in finery like a BotW style Gerudo, not in Ganondorf's usual style.

Perhaps that's not Ganondorf. Perhaps that's just a Gerudo Voe from who got caught up in all of this mess.

Couldn't be one from 100 years ago. We'd have heard of him if he got embroiled in Calamity Ganon's return.

So maybe he was around 10,000 years ago. Back when the last hero helped to stop Ganon.

The last hero who, I remind you, is depicted as

Always did think the flowing red hair and emerald green eye was strange for a character we'd expect to be blonde and blue-eyed.

Funny, you know who do have green eyes in BotW Hyrule?

And you know who has flowing red locks?

He isn't Ganondorf, or at least he wasn't before the Malice. We're looking at Hyrule's previous Link.
Good theory but not a fact. We don't know if there ever was a good version of Ganondorf, or if the hero of legend was ever a Gerudo.
It looks like Ganondorf, who was stabbed through the chest, in Twilight Princess.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I figured the castle rising from the ground was meant to imply that the rest of the world changed as well. Maybe the dead are taking over and shrines become tombs that you have to extinguish.

Exede

Banned
Feb 8, 2019
What when they try to seal away ganon for good visiting the other timelines with the castle as vessel through time and reality. The only main game without the castle present must be Skyward Sword

Jof

Nov 3, 2017
I think the most interesting direction this game could take, would be a focus on Ganondorf's curse.

The mummified corpse is very obviously a Gerudo male, right?

A Gerudo male is born what, once every 100 years? That's stated in both Ocarina and BotW (and is the reason the female Gerudo venture out into Hyrule, to procreate with males from other races).

But not every Gerudo male is Ganondorf/Ganon/Demise reincarnated. In fact, as far as we know, there's only ever been one Ganondorf, born during the time of Ocarina (and lived through Wind Waker/Twilight). I don't think we've ever actually seen another Gerudo male.

As we know from BotW, there's now a lot of stigma attached to being that one Gerudo male born every 100 years. Urbosa still knows about Ganon originally being a male Gerudo.

So, my prediction is this - the mummified corpse is a Gerudo male, born after Ganondorf. Maybe he's even called Ganondorf, for god knows what reason. He knows about the legacy and stigma attached to male Gerudo (and his namesake), so takes it upon himself to become the champion of the Zelda of that time, to fight Calamity Ganon when he returned.

But in the end, the only way to stop Calamity Ganon back then was to sacrifice himself and become a vessel for Ganon/Demise/whatever.

Basically, I want more Ganondorf lore and even some form of tragic Ganondorf redemption arc.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
I think the most interesting direction this game could take, would be a focus on Ganondorf's curse.

A Gerudo male is born what, once every 100 years? That's stated in both Ocarina and BotW (and is the reason the female Gerudo venture out into Hyrule, to procreate with males from other races).

But not every Gerudo male is Ganondorf/Ganon/Demise reincarnated. In fact, as far as we know, there's only ever been one Ganondorf, born during the time of Ocarina (and lived through Wind Waker/Twilight). I don't think we've ever actually seen another Gerudo male.

As we know from BotW, there's now a lot of stigma attached to being that one Gerudo male born every 100 years. Urbosa still knows about Ganon originally being a male Gerudo.

So, my prediction is this - the mummified corpse is a Gerudo male, born after Ganondorf. Maybe he's even called Ganondorf, for god knows what reason. He knows about the legacy and stigma attached to male Gerudo (and his namesake), so takes it upon himself to become the champion of the Zelda of that time, to fight Calamity Ganon when he returned.

But in the end, the only way to stop Calamity Ganon back then was to sacrifice himself and become a vessel for Ganon/Demise/whatever.

Basically, I want more Ganondorf lore and even some form of tragic Ganondorf redemption arc.

I like this very much!! Would be lovely if the game had two finals a la Soulsborne where you take different steps through the game if you want to cure him or kill him.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
On another note, one of the things I want for is mounts that aren't horses. Yes I'm well aware of all the things you can mount in BotW, but not as proper mounts that you keep.

I find that yak looking thing in the trailer very encouraging.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
People who seriously believe they will just reuse the same map are out of their goddamn minds.

If they do, they will change the shit out of it.
I think Hyrule Castle getting lifted is the biggest clue. It's getting moved, not just lifted up. The game will start in BotW Hyrule but the map will be vastly expanded as you sail across the seas in pursuit. The underground trailer is just story, albeit a darker story than BotW. The actual game will still be above ground mostly but now with dungeons.

Deleted member 3465

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space

This would be amazing!

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So while i was looking at the map to see possible differences, i raised a lot of questions and i formed a theory, so i will begin with
What happened to the sheikah tech? All signs of it, towers, shrines,pillars are gone. Do it deactivated itself after it completed it task (help the hero)? Do zelda and the hylians managed to control it, and pull all back to earth? I think It it just deactivated themselves after calamity ganon was defeated
Now, looking at the teaser, we have some interesting things on it.
The dungeon and the hand. The dungeon is placed in a cave, and for certain that cave will head to hryule castle subterrain, we will be back to it in a moment. When they found ganondorf's body, it have that "hand" in him, a hand that uses a very similar jewlery that appears to be very similar of some of the dead sheikah monks we find in the shrines. So is possible that is sheikah tech/spell that is kepping the evil locked away. And yeah, is contaning the evil.
Now lets go to my theory on how the game will play out. I think there's a very strong possibility that all the dungeons will be underground this time, temples buried deep on earth, every single one with a boss and a hand that is/was holding it back, defeating the bosses will give some piece of sheikah tech or things related to that. The castle lifting is not new to ganondorf, he already did it in OOT. So for me, you have to kill all this monster first, and only then gain acess to the castle, much like OOT. And how the terrain will remain? They will change it with the excuse of "oh it passed 10/20 years so things change you know?" Towns will be bigger, new towns will appear, alongside new enemies and such. Exploration will now be headed to finding the dungeons, maybe with help of npcs or by yourself.
The hand will be links gimmick this time, i thing every item of the sheikah slate will be available to him with it, at the same time zelda will have the same abilities because of the sheika slate itself, then they will make her playable. Maybe with new weapons, maybe with the same things, we will never now. It exists a possibility that she's controlled by thr AI and the arm and the slate have different abilites, so puzzles will need a combination of the two.
I think the sheikah tribe will play a major role in this game again.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I only ever used those when I had to do so for quests haha.
You mean different mounts? Yeah they could do alit to make them better, in addition to bring fully tamabke.

Like say a big ol' mountain goat is slower than a horse, but it can scale mountains.

To a lesser extend, a buck is slower than a horse (but faster than it is in the first game), but can navigate off road areas with greater ease.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Can't wait to hear the OST.

BOTW is one of my favourite soundtracks ever, amazing music. Hyrule castle is the best theme i've ever heard, that'd be hard to top.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
So what are the odds that this game leads into Skyward Sword meaning that time is cyclical in Zelda?

We've got:

-Castle town floating to the sky
-Long/red haired demon king dude
-Ancient technology all over the place
-Hylia statues

Padparadscha

Alt account
Banned
Nov 26, 2018
I think Hyrule Castle getting lifted is the biggest clue. It's getting moved, not just lifted up. The game will start in BotW Hyrule but the map will be vastly expanded as you sail across the seas in pursuit. The underground trailer is just story, albeit a darker story than BotW. The actual game will still be above ground mostly but now with dungeons.
I don't feel like Nintendo would spend so much time on Link and Zelda's journey, or things like the yak creature, if it didn't play a big role in the gameplay. Even the first cinematic teaser for BotW was full of hints about the actual gameplay, from riding on horses, fighting guardians, and even the slow-motion archery. And going underground is the most obvious way to expand Hyrule and add new opportunities for exploration to the reused overworld.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Given that it's the year of Keanu shouldn't it be BotW2 |OT| Link and Zelda's excellent adventure

Jan 15, 2019
So what are the odds that this game leads into Skyward Sword meaning that time is cyclical in Zelda?

We've got:

-Hylia statues
I don't see that happening. BotW takes place so long after everything else explicitly so they could start unfucking the timeline. They wouldn't introduce a "time is a flat circle" concept and refuck the timeline.

Salamiaddict

May 15, 2018
Northern Germany
So while i was looking at the map to see possible differences, i raised a lot of questions and i formed a theory, so i will begin with
What happened to the sheikah tech? All signs of it, towers, shrines,pillars are gone. Do it deactivated itself after it completed it task (help the hero)? Do zelda and the hylians managed to control it, and pull all back to earth? I think It it just deactivated themselves after calamity ganon was defeated
Now, looking at the teaser, we have some interesting things on it.
The dungeon and the hand. The dungeon is placed in a cave, and for certain that cave will head to hryule castle subterrain, we will be back to it in a moment. When they found ganondorf's body, it have that "hand" in him, a hand that uses a very similar jewlery that appears to be very similar of some of the dead sheikah monks we find in the shrines. So is possible that is sheikah tech/spell that is kepping the evil locked away. And yeah, is contaning the evil.
Now lets go to my theory on how the game will play out. I think there's a very strong possibility that all the dungeons will be underground this time, temples buried deep on earth, every single one with a boss and a hand that is/was holding it back, defeating the bosses will give some piece of sheikah tech or things related to that. The castle lifting is not new to ganondorf, he already did it in OOT. So for me, you have to kill all this monster first, and only then gain acess to the castle, much like OOT. And how the terrain will remain? They will change it with the excuse of "oh it passed 10/20 years so things change you know?" Towns will be bigger, new towns will appear, alongside new enemies and such. Exploration will now be headed to finding the dungeons, maybe with help of npcs or by yourself.
The hand will be links gimmick this time, i thing every item of the sheikah slate will be available to him with it, at the same time zelda will have the same abilities because of the sheika slate itself, then they will make her playable. Maybe with new weapons, maybe with the same things, we will never now. It exists a possibility that she's controlled by thr AI and the arm and the slate have different abilites, so puzzles will need a combination of the two.
I think the sheikah tribe will play a major role in this game again.

Yeah there are some nice ideas in there. BUT if the Sheikah technology disapears, the slate would kind of have to disappear, too.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017

We've got:

-Hylia statues
Even if they did all of this they wouldn't clarify if it was actually SS or not lol

En-ou

Oct 27, 2017
What if the Hyrule is covered in complete fog/darkness? Get some horror elements back into Zelda.