• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Kamille's voice is kind of iffy. Less so the acting, and more that the actual sound of his voice makes him seem a lot whinier than he's supposed to be. I remember Sarah and Rosamia's voices being pretty weak as well.

Oct 25, 2017
Kamille's voice is kind of iffy. Less so the acting, and more that the actual sound of his voice makes him seem a lot whinier than he's supposed to be. I remember Sarah and Rosamia's voices being pretty weak as well.
Sarah with the wrong tone and delivery can be really fucking annoying. I don't remember much of how it sounds, I just remember not really liking it at all. Most of Zeta's characters require the right balance performance wise and if it's not nailed it kind of feels like watching a completely different show.

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, my love for Wing is because it's what I first saw, but that's why any of us are into anything. (Fake edit: Well I guess I can see it in the way that despite growing up with the 80s TMNT, I have zero nostalgia for that original series and view the 2012(?) nick turtles as far superior...)

I happen to like Wing's suit designs and that it is NOT part of another dozen or more offshoots of the mainline series.

But I'm not against that sort of thing either as I really enjoyed Thunderbolt, but find its suits uninspired (though I did order me a kit).

MarasaiMan

Oct 29, 2017
So, who's excited for Metal Build Crossbone Gundam?

29aae38e.jpg
I like the Crossbone Gundam but I love the F91 design much more.

P.S. If anyone is looking to sell their MSV option set for the Metal Build F91lets talk.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
I like the Crossbone Gundam but I love the F91 design much more.

P.S. If anyone is looking to sell their MSV option set for the Metal Build F91lets talk.

You're a strange one.

Anyways, try this. I've used AE before and they're good.

Edit: bah, not the AE I was thinking of. This site seems suspect.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
contest.jpg

Gundam-Build-Fighters-News.jpg

The last episode of Gundam Build Divers is out! I said a bit ago, because I was unimpressed with the plot, that if Sara had anything to do with the story I'd give away a movie. It's clear from impressions that she did, and I'm taking their word for it since I haven't finished it myself. Here is a copy of Ready Player One, the most Gundam thing I can give away over the forum.

To enter the contest, tell us a story of your Gunadm fandom. Maybe you have a story of the lengths you went to getting Gundam videos/stuff to your country. Building your favorite or first gunpla (or breaking a crucial part!). How about your experience trying to tell someone about Mobile Suit Gundam that's never heard of it and how they reacted.

The more people that join in the better so the cutoff time will be around noon Thursday. That's about 48 hours from now. (The prize is a HD US copy, and I'll trust you to figure out if you can use it wherever you are.)

p12806300_v_v8_ac.jpg

Thanks for playing!

MammothRecentClownanemonefish-size_restricted.gif

pantsattack

I love that film and have only rented it so I'm going to enter in the contest:

I've ordered nearly two dozen gunpla since last September thanks to the VS release and my little three year old (two back then) took a liking to it so I bought him the Gundam RX-78-2 action figure (less small parts) for x-mas to play with.

Turns out the ball joints were too loose and all 4 limbs came off with ease. So I drilled through it, added a threaded rod through the shoulders of each arm and chest cavity and added nuts to keep the arms on but allow movement.

Turns out, it just wasn't play proof anyway lol:

His SD Gundam Heavyarms (his favorite) didn't fare any better but that's only because my oldest stepped on it =/.

MoonsaultSlayer Congrats on winning. Thanks for sharing your story.

I have vague recollections of an elementary school buddy having some Voltron and, what I later pieced together as, Gundam toys. It always seemed so interesting but kind of forbidden to me as my parents didn't like fighting shows, and Anime was waaay out of anything they understood. A few years ago, when Austin Walker did his gunpla video for Giant Bomb's end of year series, I decided to look into it and try building some kits and watching the shows I had easy access too. It was especially nice when I was burnt out on gaming and could build in my free time instead. Now I've built a couple SD kits with my five year old, and he's pretty into it, even choosing to spend his own money on the last one, a SD Full Armor Unicorn.

Have a great day!

Oct 27, 2017
MoonsaultSlayer Congrats on winning. Thanks for sharing your story.

I have vague recollections of an elementary school buddy having some Voltron and, what I later pieced together as, Gundam toys. It always seemed so interesting but kind of forbidden to me as my parents didn't like fighting shows, and Anime was waaay out of anything they understood. A few years ago, when Austin Walker did his gunpla video for Giant Bomb's end of year series, I decided to look into it and try building some kits and watching the shows I had easy access too. It was especially nice when I was burnt out on gaming and could build in my free time instead. Now I've built a couple SD kits with my five year old, and he's pretty into it, even choosing to spend his own money on the last one, a SD Full Armor Unicorn.

Have a great day!
Wow, thank you! This whole thing is so kind of you. Me and my 3 year old loved this movie and the look on his face when he sees Mechagodzilla (his favorite and I'm working a costume for him) vs a Gundam... it's priceless. Been itching to pick it up but parts and tools for his costume have come first of late.

But yes, it's great seeing the little ones getting into the things we enjoy just by simply introducing them. My oldest didn't take to Godzilla or Gundam but my youngest is obsessed.

Here's my latest progress of the costume (with glimpse of my kits in the background) in case anyone was curious:

yami4ct

Oct 25, 2017
It's years after it should've been but man I'm so excited that the V2 AB pack is finally getting its MG release. Finally get to complete one of my favorite MS

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It's years after it should've been but man I'm so excited that the V2 AB pack is finally getting its MG release. Finally get to complete one of my favorite MS
whaaaaa?! Finally.

I need pics and I have no idea where to go for kit news anymore.

nvm, beautiful:

1538095647833.jpg

Also in the finally category, some ZZ Neo Zeon HGUCs:

hguc-gaz-R-L%2B%25282%2529.jpg

Eventually, someday, I'll get my Geymalk.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Watching Unicorn. I'm quite shocked that the doctor from Zeta is still on that ship. Hasn't he seen enough shit? Man the Sinanju and Sazabi are probably my two favorite Char suits...even if Full Frontal technically isn't Char. I love how Full Frontal knows the Char Kick.

Last edited:

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Found a F91 v2.0 at the local B&N for just a bit over retail. Don't usually buy kits in person but this was a fairly recent one and I've never done anything from that era so picked it up.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Found a F91 v2.0 at the local B&N for just a bit over retail. Don't usually buy kits in person but this was a fairly recent one and I've never done anything from that era so picked it up.
B&N usually has a limited but usually solid selection whenever I find myself in one for whatever reason.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
B&N usually has a limited but usually solid selection whenever I find myself in one for whatever reason.
I'm sure it varies by location, but I'm used to seeing 2+ year old AU MGs for much higher than retail so it surprised me. I don't go there very often though. They also had a ZZ v.Ka, but I didn't see how much they were asking for it.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
If the Dijeh got an RE/100 instead of an MG, you should already know that you are getting an MG Baund Doc exactly never.
Which is precisely the month before we are getting the MG Bolinoak Sammahn

DevilPuncher

"This guy are sick" and Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
Shit, I'd just settle for an HGUC Baund Doc Revive, but I ain't holding my breath fro that neither.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
What is there to revive if it was never born? I'm not aware of an HG existing of Baund Doc. Ancient 1/144 no grade kits don't count.
The regular Byarlant was "recently" released and it was not considered a revive simply because there was no previous HG.
I understand that you would take a modern HG if it's all we'll ever get. :P

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
They'll probably remake or do a side project of Zeta in the next decade or two and use that as an opportunity to make some better gunpla.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a huge fan of most UC designs after the original MSG but the ones I do like are mainly in Zeta.

Decarbia

Oct 25, 2017
Why aren't Gundam shields made out of the same stuff the Gundam is made up of?
Depends on the era. If we are talking OYW, the RX-M-SH-008/S-01025 and BOWA-XBR-M-79-07G use lighter composites than the lunar titanium for less strain on the arm motors, synchros and servos as they were designed to be deployed across Gundams, Guncanons and GMs. The RGM*S-Sh-WF/S-0010 shield was sourced from earth based domestic titanium.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on the era. If we are talking OYW, the RX-M-SH-008/S-01025 and BOWA-XBR-M-79-07G use lighter composites than the lunar titanium for less strain on the arm motors, synchros and servos as they were designed to be deployed across Gundams, Guncanons and GMs. The RGM*S-Sh-WF/S-0010 shield was sourced from earth based domestic titanium.

They actually came up with an in universe explanation for why they loved blowing up shields so much. Dope.

Strikerrr

Oct 25, 2017
They'll probably remake or do a side project of Zeta in the next decade or two and use that as an opportunity to make some better gunpla.
There's already Zeta Define which is a Origin-esque retelling of Zeta but done by the author of Char's Deleted Affair instead of YAS which is why it doesn't have as high a profile as The Origin

Decarbia

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to see an adaptation of the AoZ stuff. Or Sentinel, but Sentinels' rights are such a clusterfuck that would be highly unlikely.

MarasaiMan

Oct 29, 2017
Let's bring back some more "realistic" Gundam like the side story stuff from the Ground Zero manga that's running right now. More GM screen time is always appreciated.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The new WALL-G short featuring the Unicorn Gundam Perfectibility

You figure it would be possible, but actually seeing the Armed Armor DEs used as funnels is pure awesome.

Last edited:

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Funnels are my second favorite sound effect in gundam behind the newtype flash noise.

I love it when the Newtype flash noise ends up in something else.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching AGE again from the beginning because I hate myself and two episodes in and I'm about to make a thread about how god damn awful this is.

Playsage

Oct 25, 2017
Hi! I've watched the original series not to long ago and Gundam Unicorn just dropped on Netflix. I noticed that it's following the original timeline and there's A LOT of series and OVAs between the two. Can anyone please tell me what are the essential stories to go back to before continuing Unicorn?

Thanks in advance!