• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I don't even remember him snapping out of it. I think part of my problem is that I read what the real ending to Unicorn was and I think he just stayed trapped in the Unicorn or something. It kind of over wrote what I watched.

Damn that's dark. I'm pretty sure he snapped out of it. It looked like it anyway. He opens his eyes, says Audrey's name, and then Destroyer mode disengages and Riddhe catches him.

To me, him and Full Frontal didn't really go anywhere. It was just a Psycommu resonance.

Oh that I got. It was the very end where Banagher goes all Jesus or something and Riddhe chases after him.

I'd love it if the new series revealed tomorrow takes place after Unicorn now that the secret of Laplace's Box is revealed.

Oct 26, 2017
So are most people expecting the announcemet to be a remake of the 0079 and a continued adaptation of Origin? Or are you expecting some other U.C. Gundam story?

Strikerrr

Oct 25, 2017
So are most people expecting the announcemet to be a remake of the 0079 and a continued adaptation of Origin? Or are you expecting some other U.C. Gundam story?
It's most likely the Unicorn followup they teased last year and promised to announce something about it this spring
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...orn-to-reveal-new-project-next-spring/.121772
In addition, they have UC cast as guests for the event and they're doing a live projection thing on the UC Gundam statue. I wonder if it will be a prequel or sequel since there was one more Unicorn novel released that had some sidestories about the Sinanju Stein's hijacking and Unicorn 03 Phenex going haywire. There's also Moon Gundam which is written by the same author, but that still seems very early.

Oct 26, 2017
A Unicorn sequel would be really nice. I really liked the tone of that time period and the character designs as well. I wonder if it would be another OVA series or a full blown anime adaptation though.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
I personally don't see too many directions a Unicorn sequel could go.

I mean, I guess they could double down on Laplace's Box, but Neo Zeon is absolutely decimated at this point (And Oldsmobile Army is still at Mars) and F91 kind of established that fuck all really happens in the time gap, so it's not as if Laplace's Box would have caused anything major.

RangerBAD

Oct 25, 2017
I personally don't see too many directions a Unicorn sequel could go.

I mean, I guess they could double down on Laplace's Box, but Neo Zeon is absolutely decimated at this point (And Oldsmobile Army is still at Mars) and F91 kind of established that fuck all really happens in the time gap, so it's not as if Laplace's Box would have caused anything major.

Laplace is a fairly useless retcon unless it branches off into an alternate UC.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
I don't know anything about Mazinger but I've had this on my amazon wishlist since its been announced... might pull the trigger since its only a week away and today being my birthday. +1 to the plamodel backlog.

4580416934213__47884.1513226430.jpg

Last edited:

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
my only question with Unicorn is what happened with Banagher and Minerva. Happy ending or no. What happened after the Laplace Box ordeal. These could've been answered already, but I don't know where to look. haha

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
my only question with Unicorn is what happened with Banagher and Minerva. Happy ending or no. What happened after the Laplace Box ordeal. These could've been answered already, but I don't know where to look. haha

The only thing I remember hearing for sure was that the Banshee was sealed away on Earth, and the Unicorn was sealed inside Magellanica. Don't think they really went beyond that?

Source was a live talk thing with Fukui and Ogura Shinya. There's a pastebin with info from that and other things (including some script stuff from the 7th OVA that clears a few things up):

https://pastebin.com/eT7jMp7N

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
That's not the model kit, though. It's thre prebuilt Riobot version.

Your thinking of this one~
8868077f-0756-4851-9d3d-918baa7a0bf7.jpg

It's something like $300, but comes with a ton of accessories and what not.

This is the plastic model one https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product...1-73ad-49b1-a154-90aaec384d3e&pf_rd_i=desktop

Though why they are releasing a plastic model and a premade statue/figure of the same mech at the same time with two vastly different price points is beyond me haha.

edit: ahhhhh the plastic model is based off the Riobot figure... no freaking wonder this is confusing.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Your thinking of this one~
8868077f-0756-4851-9d3d-918baa7a0bf7.jpg

It's something like $300, but comes with a ton of accessories and what not.

This is the plastic model one https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product...1-73ad-49b1-a154-90aaec384d3e&pf_rd_i=desktop

Though why they are releasing a plastic model and a premade statue/figure of the same mech at the same time with two vastly different price points is beyond me haha.

edit: ahhhhh the plastic model is based off the Riobot figure... no freaking wonder this is confusing.

Now I understand. The only recent kit of Mazinkaiser that I know of is the one by Kotobukiya and it looks radically different.

AZiYnjgoGPxPBQc1XabCYb7Fft3x7RxqOyOZFkqiICYvttGPf68500100_1456226169.jpg

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
So it is Gundam NT or Gundam Narrative and it really is after Unicorn.
I'm kind of OK with this? I guess?

After finding the lack of thigh and upper arm armor in the G-Saviour ugly, Narrative Gundam has the same flaw.
Gotta milk the Unicorn molds one last time with that Phenex variant?

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
You know, I can forgive no Crossbone (at least for right now) in exchange for seeing that piece of shit Hathaway finally get what's coming to him in animated form.

Decarbia

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited we are finally moving forward in the UC again. Crossbone fans may have hope. I'm excited that after UC2 we may start seeing the Formula Wars in a few years.

This also appears to be the first canonical appearance of what used to be called the Mu Gundam. Love the exposed core fighter.

Decarbia

Oct 25, 2017
Crossbone is unlikely to ever be animated. It's rights situations are like Sentinel where they are split up between a couple of different companies, it's one of the reasons when Vertical was asking which Gundam series they would like to see they said Crossbone was impossible.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well I finally had the time to look around a bit, and there's no way to legally watch/stream the original movie trilogy. I really don't want to put 40€ towards a BR set for something I'm not sure I'll enjoy.
Guess I'll watch Wing or Seed then.

Deleted member 5745

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phenex is in this? Well, that's interesting

RG Sazabi looks good. I'm hoping they learned something from the Sinanju and give it a frame that can actually support itself.

HGUC Sinanju Stein, Phenex, and that other Gundam:

hguc-sinanju-stein-narrative-ver.png

hguc-unicorn-gundam-phenex-narrative-version%2B%25281%2529.jpg

HG-narrative-gundam.png

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
4500 yen VAT excluded, not getting the RG Sazabi any time soon considering the Ver. Ka is still unbuilt.

It is weird how the blue psychoframe of the Phenex looks green when you can see gold/yellow parts behind.

Last edited:

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Well I finally had the time to look around a bit, and there's no way to legally watch/stream the original movie trilogy. I really don't want to put 40€ towards a BR set for something I'm not sure I'll enjoy.

The DVDs are pretty cheap from what I recall.

Deleted member 5745

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So after reading the website, it sounds like this is a movie and not a TV series. I'm alright with that.

Stealing some pictures and translations from the /m/ thread:

1524221583580.jpg

One year after the opening of "Laplace's Box".

Even with the unveiling of the original "Universal Century Charter", and the existence of the rights afforded to "Newtypes" made public, the framework of the world did not change significantly.

The conflict surrounding the Box, later called "The Laplace Incident", appeared to have ended with the collapse of the Neo Zeon remnant army "The Sleeves".
In the final battle, two mobile suits with full psycho-frame specifications showed power that exceeded human knowledge. The White Unicorn and the Black Lion, the threat these two mobile suits posed were kept away from the public's knowledge by being sealed away, to be forgotten....

However, the RX - 0 Unicorn Gundam Unit 3, which had disappeared two years previously, revealed itself to the Earth Sphere once again.
It's name is Phenex - The Golden Phoenix.

1524223831245.png

Narrative Gundam (not sure if this is the final name?)
MS manufactured by Anaheim Electronics.
Piloted by Yonah Bashta.
Developed as a testing machine of the RX - 93 ν Gundam, giving it a similar appearance to that of the ν Gundam. As its main purpose was to acquire data as a testing machine, armor is not attached to various parts of the Mobile Suit, exposing its inner frame. In its basic form its only weapons are the head vulcans, however, utilizing the resources of Luo Industries for Operation "Phoenix Hunt", it is able to be equipped with a multitude of different weapons.

1524224338717.png

RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 03 Phenex
The Golden Full-Psycho Frame Unicorn Gundam Unit 03.
Used a test unit with data gathered from Unicorn Unit 01 and Unit 02, it caused an incident in UC 0095 in which it lost control, disappearing soon after.

1524225336491.png

Sinanju Stein
A prototype Mobile Suit developed as a follow-up to the UC development plan. Its development code is Stein 01.
In UC 0094, it is said to have been stolen from the Earth Federation Space Force Clop-class Space Cruiser "Unkai" during transportation.

1524221890832.png

Yonah Bashta(?)
Affiliated with the Earth Federation Space Army. Lieutenant rank. Pilot of the Narrative Gundam, sent as reinforcement on the "Phoenix Hunt" operation. Childhood friend of Michelle and Rita. From Australia, and suffered in his childhood due to the colony drop of Operation British.

1524222521044.png

Michelle Luo
Special Advisor to Luo Industries. With her almost clairvoyant fortune-telling skills, she has gained trust and influence within the political and business spheres. Serves on board the Clop-class Space Cruiser "Damascus", which carries out the "Phoenix Hunt" operation along with the Narrative Gundam.

1524222980798.png

Rita Bernal
Affiliated with the Earth Federation Space Army. Lieutenant rank. Pilot of the missing Unicorn Gundam Unit 3 Phenex. As with Yonah, she also suffers trauma from the Colony Drop in Australia in her youth, and in the past belonged to a group called "The Miracle Children"

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
I like the look of that gundam. I fear for the HG though; lack of detail + sicker overload surely.

I'm in the same spot, though I know I'll enjoy it at this point. I don't own a blu player is the problem.
Anyway, if you haven't watched any MSG and just want a feel for it, Iron Blooded Orphans has the political scheming, horrors of war, mecha rocking out. It's standalone in its own timeline and free.

Last edited:

ChairMan

Oct 25, 2017
Can't say that NT looks terribly exciting given the premise, but pretty hype for the Hathaway's Flash movie.

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017
Crossbone is unlikely to ever be animated. It's rights situations are like Sentinel where they are split up between a couple of different companies, it's one of the reasons when Vertical was asking which Gundam series they would like to see they said Crossbone was impossible.

That's interesting. Thank you for the info.

I'm interested in where NT goes. I'm hoping we'll get simulcast just like the Origin movies?

Decarbia

Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming that is just the base frame. I bet by the end of the movie it is the whole Mu Gundam, looking similar to this

iMBC7HK.jpg

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Phenex is like, fanfiction OC levels of extra. Didn't stop me from getting a toy of it though.